Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 08:14:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How many relationships have you home wrecked?  (Read 1139 times)
codishmumu (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 03:48:57 AM
Last edit: August 08, 2015, 04:06:43 AM by codishmumu

I don't really consider this homewrecking, but my old friend dumped his girlfriend, just because I said I was going to be around. We still talk and whatnot, but..that is so lame. He's in a "relationship" now, but it kind of sounds like I could have him whenever I please, which is lame. That's actually one of the main reasons why I didnt even meet up with him when he requested. He clearly had no reservations dumping a girl through a TEXT, and really didn't care about her feelings towards it just because I was gonna be around. It made me think: if another girl comes around that he likes more, is he gonna leave me too if we get in a relationship? Why should I care about his feelings if he didn't care for hers? What goes around comes right back around. He needs to have some self respect, and respect for others.. Don't dump someone, just because someone "better" is available to you...

Tell me your stories! I want long stories.
codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 09:07:42 PM

If you've got a story about when someone homewrecked your relationship, that's interesting to post too. PS: I'm not condoning home wrecking at all. I just want to talk about it.
hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 11:13:49 PM

I've never home wrecked anyones relationship. Been married 8 years and was with her for 3 years before marriage. Only ever dated single girls, was never interested in anyone already in a relationship. I understand it does happen but would hate it to happen to me so would never have done it to anyone else.
zerorabbit23

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 12:48:44 AM

I've never had a relationship, so I've never wrecked any.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 01:12:20 AM
Last edit: August 10, 2015, 01:24:25 AM by gentlemand

None and I would never, ever do that. I find the whole idea repulsive.

Funnily enough I've been talking to a lass via a dating site this week who after quite a bit of corresponding revealed that she was still married.

She told me it was a dead relationship, couldn't stand the idea of him touching her etc. I could imagine her rolling out the same lines about me to some weirdo a few years down the line too. NEXT.

On another occasion after a reasonably torrid night in the sack with someone she revealed the morning after that she still had a boyfriend. I was deeply unimpressed.
bojan92

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 12:14:45 AM

I was on one occasion but she was so slu**y. They are married now although she has been with a lot of boys while there were in a relationship. I never date girls with boyfriends. That was my first and only time, it is not a nice feeling when you consider that you will have someone someday and he or she will do this to you.
codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 03:40:10 AM

None and I would never, ever do that. I find the whole idea repulsive.

Funnily enough I've been talking to a lass via a dating site this week who after quite a bit of corresponding revealed that she was still married.

She told me it was a dead relationship, couldn't stand the idea of him touching her etc. I could imagine her rolling out the same lines about me to some weirdo a few years down the line too. NEXT.

On another occasion after a reasonably torrid night in the sack with someone she revealed the morning after that she still had a boyfriend. I was deeply unimpressed.
Sounds like some possible gold digging.
OBAViJEST

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 04:50:57 AM

I was on one occasion but she was so slu**y. They are married now although she has been with a lot of boys while there were in a relationship. I never date girls with boyfriends. That was my first and only time, it is not a nice feeling when you consider that you will have someone someday and he or she will do this to you.

I feel the same way...and people seem to not even think about that possibility, rather than getting laid one night...it's disgusting and makes me feel like I'll never find someone loyal
Sourgummies

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Never ending parties are what Im into.

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 11:43:47 AM

Encouraged a friends gf to be bisexual. She never came back to men.
codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 07:09:20 AM

I feel the same way...and people seem to not even think about that possibility, rather than getting laid one night...it's disgusting and makes me feel like I'll never find someone loyal
Sometimes it can be the other person's fault though. If you don't satisfy someone's every need and want, it makes them stray. Sometimes you really can't help that, but cheating is wrong. Bottom line.
codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 07:10:46 AM

You know, I wonder if anyone actually read my OP. I never touched the guy, or agreed to meet up with the guy, so it doesn't count as home wrecking...plus, I hate the term homewrecker....it is insulting to people who aren't scared to go after what they want...people should be more pissed at the person who was in the relationship, but that's just my opinion.
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 08:16:19 PM

I hate the term homewrecker....it is insulting to people who aren't scared to go after what they want...people should be more pissed at the person who was in the relationship, but that's just my opinion.

Under those circumstances, unless you're kept in the dark about them being involved with someone else, people are going after what they want at the expense of another and potentially destroying a family's future.

If it's an open relationship then fine. But I know how I'd feel if my womanfriend was boning someone else behind my back so there's no way I'd allow myself to the bomb dropped into someone else's relationship.
codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 09:21:32 PM

I hate the term homewrecker....it is insulting to people who aren't scared to go after what they want...people should be more pissed at the person who was in the relationship, but that's just my opinion.

Under those circumstances, unless you're kept in the dark about them being involved with someone else, people are going after what they want at the expense of another and potentially destroying a family's future.

If it's an open relationship then fine. But I know how I'd feel if my womanfriend was boning someone else behind my back so there's no way I'd allow myself to the bomb dropped into someone else's relationship.

Yeah but protecting someone else's family isn't  your responsibility.......

It's the person that was in the family's responsibility. They're the one that cheated. You didn't. Sometimes the homewrecker doesn't even know if the person was in a relationship or not, so you really can't blame them.....blame the one that cheated. They should know better. I'm constantly called a homewrecker, just because  a guy in a relationship wants me. That's not my fault. I have never intentionally sabotaged a relationship. The guys seek ME out. I mind my own business, and don't even attempt to flirt back....

My OP is a PERFECT example of my character.
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 09:39:24 PM

But it is one's choice assuming there's full awareness.

I can either choose to participate in a total shit storm or walk away and find a situation with zero complication that hurts no one. For me at least that's a very easy one to make.  

If someone who is in a relationship comes on strong to me then that tells me everything I need to know about their strength of character and how they might treat me in the future.

I don't care how appalling or boring their current partner is, if they can't grow a pair and end it then that doesn't inspire confidence.
illyiller

Activity: 697
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 09:54:10 PM

TBH, it's not about any obligation to another person not to wreck their relationship. That's on them. If someone's stepping out on their partner, that relationship either has problems, or they need to accept that sexual monogamy is not for them. I couldn't possibly care less if a guy can't keep his girl interested. That has nothing to do with me.

Having said that, aside from the occasional piss drunk foray, I wouldn't knowingly hook up with someone who was involved. Because that ain't going nowhere.
codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 10:04:01 PM

But it is one's choice assuming there's full awareness.

I can either choose to participate in a total shit storm or walk away and find a situation with zero complication that hurts no one. For me at least that's a very easy one to make.  

If someone who is in a relationship comes on strong to me then that tells me everything I need to know about their strength of character and how they might treat me in the future.

I don't care how appalling or boring their current partner is, if they can't grow a pair and end it then that doesn't inspire confidence.
Well, that's something you'll have to discuss with the person in the relationship that you're trying to get with.
codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 10:05:55 PM

TBH, it's not about any obligation to another person not to wreck their relationship. That's on them. If someone's stepping out on their partner, that relationship either has problems, or they need to accept that sexual monogamy is not for them. I couldn't possibly care less if a guy can't keep his girl interested. That has nothing to do with me.

Having said that, aside from the occasional piss drunk foray, I wouldn't knowingly hook up with someone who was involved. Because that ain't going nowhere.
That's not completely true. At least to me. Politely disagreeing.
illyiller

Activity: 697
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 10:09:32 PM

That's fine -- but what isn't true?

I just think people need to take responsibility for their [unhealthy] relationships. It's easy to blame other people, but the fact is, if someone is cheating, there are much deeper problems than "the homewrecker." Clinging to unhealthy relationships can cause real psychological distress when shit hits the fan later on. Better to nip it in the bud.
codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 10:35:40 PM

That's fine -- but what isn't true?

I just think people need to take responsibility for their [unhealthy] relationships. It's easy to blame other people, but the fact is, if someone is cheating, there are much deeper problems than "the homewrecker." Clinging to unhealthy relationships can cause real psychological distress when shit hits the fan later on. Better to nip it in the bud.
There's no doubt in my mind that you've fully articulated your response to the highest of your ability, and I totally respect and agree. The only thing I don't think is true here is constantly trying to get in someone's face, if you know they're not single. I think I might be slightly contradicting myself, so I'm gonna try to explain myself further. If you like someone, let them know. Just don't continuously harass them and get in their face about it.
bojan92

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 03:00:56 PM

Sometimes it can be the other person's fault though. If you don't satisfy someone's every need and want, it makes them stray. Sometimes you really can't help that, but cheating is wrong. Bottom line.

Yes you are right, you have to satisfy the person in order she or he to stay with you, but it is the lowest level to go with another person behind his back because you weren't satisfied. Brake up with him or her and do whatever you want, or what you need him when there is no one free to have s*x with Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: