Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:26:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What if you had to be Jr. Member+ In Order To Request for a Loan  (Read 678 times)
josephno1 (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Get Free Mobile Data http://get.kickbit.com/1/oexq

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 04:06:03 AM

I feel that if you had to be a Jr. Member or higher to post on the loan section, it would cut down on spam in that section

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2015, 04:18:15 AM

There are legitimate loan requests by newbies too but very less. But still, I don't think we should restrict boards to certain ranks.

As of now, only that "pro lender" is making a problem!

ACCTseller

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

no longer selling accounts

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 04:20:50 AM

I agree. There is a huge amount of spam in the lending section because obvious scammers (probably all or mostly from the same person) that result in many people posting in their threads with useless posts.

I think a better solution would be that there be some kind of posting (or time online requirement) in order to create a thread in lending.
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 04:35:19 AM

There are legitimate loan requests by newbies too but very less. But still, I don't think we should restrict boards to certain ranks.

even without the person in question being there, there will always be newbie accounts spamming no collateral loan requests, manyproof's presence there only adds to the issue, nothing more. restricting posting rights to junior members and above sounds like an effective method in drastically cutting down this spam, but i think a better solution might be to allow accounts with 15+ activity to post, that way those spammers will have to at the very least wait 1 activity period before spamming requests.

alternatively, maybe a 30+ post requirement; if the account spams, it will just get banned, and it would require loan spammers to put forth a fair amount of effort before being allowed to post a loan request.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
ACCTseller

Activity: 532

no longer selling accounts

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 04:47:21 AM

It doesn't even need to be a 30 post requirement. It could be a 5 post requirement and would almost 100% solve the problem.

It has been argued that the newbie jail can be easily circumvented by spammers however the demographic of the newbie loan scammers is that they creat an account and post a loan request ASAP. The amount they can expect to "earn" by doing this is not enough to attract people smart enough to get around newbie jail requirements.
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 09:56:20 AM

restricting Newbies to request for loan could be the answer to stop the flood of loan request coming from freshly made accounts, however one can buy a Jr Member account nowadays for only 0.005 BTC and not sure if you notice, most newbie loan request is more than 0.1BTC very seldom they ask for 0.05 below.
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

/dev/null

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 11:01:28 AM

I feel that if you had to be a Jr. Member or higher to post on the loan section, it would cut down on spam in that section

because you can buy literally every account rank on this forum for few bucks, literally doesn't matter if somebody who is asking loan is newbie or legendary.

most important part is to use escrow and ask for valid collateral, nothing else.
XinXan

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 11:06:18 AM

because you can buy literally every account rank on this forum for few bucks, literally doesn't matter if somebody who is asking loan is newbie or legendary.

most important part is to use escrow and ask for valid collateral, nothing else.

No one is going to buy accounts just to ask for loans that they will probably not get, i mean jr.member accounts to skip the restriction, so it will definitely cut out the spam and i would like to see something like it
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 01:15:07 PM

restricting Newbies to request for loan could be the answer to stop the flood of loan request coming from freshly made accounts, however one can buy a Jr Member account nowadays for only 0.005 BTC and not sure if you notice, most newbie loan request is more than 0.1BTC very seldom they ask for 0.05 below.
That is correct. Restricting rank in this case seems stupid, as low level accounts can be purchased for dirty money. I feel the proper way is to create set of rules for people who want to get loan.
Something like: compulsory escrow  and collateral, loan no bigger than 0.1 (for example) for newbies and 0.2 for junior members etc.
tarsua

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 03:41:16 PM

This idea wouldnt do well, if you guys just ignore those threads in the lending section asking for a "pro lender" then the person that is making new accounts time and time again will eventually get bored and stop
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 03:46:18 PM

This idea wouldnt do well, if you guys just ignore those threads in the lending section asking for a "pro lender" then the person that is making new accounts time and time again will eventually get bored and stop
at least with some sort of post/activity limit, the individual would be dissuaded from doing so, or at the very least it would decrease the number of accounts he would spam from given the 6 minute interval between posts for newbies.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
josephno1 (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Get Free Mobile Data http://get.kickbit.com/1/oexq

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 04:22:24 PM

at least with some sort of post/activity limit, the individual would be dissuaded from doing so, or at the very least it would decrease the number of accounts he would spam from given the 6 minute interval between posts for newbies.

Adding a requirement to be Jr. Member+ to make a thread would make scammers such as the "pro lender" guy feel that it is way too much work to gain very little amounts of btc

everaja

Activity: 490

~ScapeGoat~

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 04:27:40 PM

I don't agree with you josephno1 , there are some legit loan requests from newbie side also , we never nuke a newbie trust unless he don't provide a valid collateral , there are many accounts that are pawned by escrow services (Lenders) who gave loan to known members (Jr++) and they never repaid them and lenders are now much adhere about lending coins to anyone .
I have even seen ,newbie repaying lending amounts with Interest.

So no chance of saying this "you had to be a Jr. Member or higher to post on the loan section"

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: