Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should we ban ManyProofs
Yes - 12 (66.7%)
No - 6 (33.3%)
Total Voters: 18

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: We should ban ManyProofs or not?  (Read 794 times)
Bannedseller (OP)

Activity: 581
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 11:56:44 AM
Last edit: August 09, 2015, 08:08:37 AM by Bannedseller

I know the forum rules. Only spammers are banned however scammers don't (but negative trust is left). Also, ManyProofs is a proven scammer. This don't led to a ban originally. However, his alt accounts are making fake lending requests, and also encourage signature spammers to spam on them. This is so called account farming, or in one word, spam. So we should ban him.

A poll is included in the thread to let everyone to express your opinion.

Edit: Just changed the subject of this thread to make the post more neutral.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 12:12:45 PM

Like you said, scammer aren't banned from this forum (this is not the policy of this forum) so this thread is really, really useless. Also the poll is really useless (for the alternative account question).
ianbelada2

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 12:38:16 PM

I know the forum rules. Only spammers are banned however scammers don't (but negative trust is left). Also, ManyProofs is a proven scammer. This don't led to a ban originally. However, his alt accounts are making fake lending requests, and also encourage signature spammers to spam on them. This is so called account farming, or in one word, spam. So we should ban him.

A poll is included in the thread to let everyone to express your opinion.

he will be banned if admins saw those accounts asking for loan as his alts (even though there is no proof that those accounts are his alts) no need to make a thread like this

zz11

Activity: 299

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 01:50:51 PM

He should get banned for promoting spam. The entire lending section is a mess because if him.

Bannedseller (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 02:40:51 AM

For the first 3 replies saying that ManyProofs shouldn't be banned because he is just scamming not spamming (I've stated in OP), you're right at the beginning. However, he and his alts are hijacking the lending sections, and making SPAM topics here, which contains fake information (sob stories) and all against the rule of 'No collateral, no loan'.

About the poll, the results are 6:3 for banning him. Moderators should consider this whrn deciding to ban him or not.
ColderThanIce

Activity: 373
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 03:24:46 AM

About the poll, the results are 6:3 for banning him. Moderators should consider this whrn deciding to ban him or not.
Often times polls aren't considered accurate representations of what the community actually thinks. It's very easy to create a ton of alts just to swing a vote a certain way, which is why most votes here are taken with a grain of salt, and action doesn't often come from poll results.

However I do think there's a problem with ManyProofs and all the "pro lender" requests that the section has been getting recently. Valid loan requests are being hidden under all these spam loan requests, which basically defeats the point of the section.

ROLLIN.IO  BITCOIN   DICE   GAME
   ⚁    ⚂    ⚃    ⚄   ⚅   ⚁   ⚂
                                        ███████████████████    
                                      ██                                    ██
      ██████████████████                                    ██
      ██                            ██                                    ██
      ██                            ██                                    ██  
      ██                            ██                                    ██
      ██                            ██████████            ██████
      ██                            ██              ██          ██
      ██                            ██                 ██       ██
      ██                            ██                    ██    ██
      ███████        ███████                        ████
                ██     ██
                ██  ██
                ████

███████████
S  O  C  I  A  L
C H A T T I N G
                    ██
                  ████
                ██████
              ████████
            ██████████
          ████████████
        ██████████████
      ████████████████
    ██████████████████
  ████████████████████ 
              ████████
              ████████

████████

████████
██████████████
LEVEL UP SYSTEM
   WITH REWADS
                ██████
              ████████
            ██████████
          ████████████
        ██████████████
    ██████████████████
  ████████████████████
█         ████████████████
   ██████████████████ 
     ████████████████
        █████████████
           ██████████
                █████
██████████████
 FREE BITCOINS
lihuajkl
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 03:44:23 AM

Often times polls aren't considered accurate representations of what the community actually thinks. It's very easy to create a ton of alts just to swing a vote a certain way, which is why most votes here are taken with a grain of salt, and action doesn't often come from poll results.

However I do think there's a problem with ManyProofs and all the "pro lender" requests that the section has been getting recently. Valid loan requests are being hidden under all these spam loan requests, which basically defeats the point of the section.
IMO the pro lenders know how to identify the true loan request and issue the loans! BTW I don't like the way the spammers are doing here!
BTW creating alt accounts has some limitations now! Under the same IP we can only create one free account and have to pay for the second one.
lottery248
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1005

beware of your keys.

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 04:07:49 AM

he is not likely get banned for encouraging scam, otherwise moderators would be able to misuse their own ability( like banning randomly ) and would lead to admin disaster.
at most he would be likely get banned for spamming.

you know.

out of ability to use the signature, i want a new ban strike policy that will fade the strike after 90~120 days of the ban and not to be traced back, like google | email me for anything urgent, message will possibly not be instantly responded
i am not really active for some reason
ColderThanIce

Activity: 373
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 04:45:16 AM

BTW creating alt accounts has some limitations now! Under the same IP we can only create one free account and have to pay for the second one.
I hadn't heard that before. I know that if an account is created over Tor, or a public VPN service then often users will have to pay a small amount to unlock their account for posting. I believe IP's are only charged if they're a Tor exit, public VPN, or their have been bans on that IP before.

ROLLIN.IO  BITCOIN   DICE   GAME
   ⚁    ⚂    ⚃    ⚄   ⚅   ⚁   ⚂
                                        ███████████████████    
      ██████████████████                                    ██
      ██                            ██                                    ██
      ██                            ██                                    ██  
      ██                            ██                                    ██
      ██                            ██████████            ██████
      ██                            ██              ██          ██
      ██                            ██                 ██       ██
      ██                            ██                    ██    ██
      ███████        ███████                        ████
                ██     ██
                ██  ██
                ████

███████████
S  O  C  I  A  L
C H A T T I N G
                    ██
                  ████
                ██████
              ████████
            ██████████
          ████████████
        ██████████████
      ████████████████
    ██████████████████
  ████████████████████ 
              ████████
              ████████

████████

████████
██████████████
LEVEL UP SYSTEM
   WITH REWADS
                ██████
              ████████
            ██████████
          ████████████
        ██████████████
    ██████████████████
  ████████████████████
   ██████████████████ 
     ████████████████
        █████████████
           ██████████
                █████
██████████████
 FREE BITCOINS
lihuajkl
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 05:00:50 AM

I hadn't heard that before. I know that if an account is created over Tor, or a public VPN service then often users will have to pay a small amount to unlock their account for posting. I believe IP's are only charged if they're a Tor exit, public VPN, or their have been bans on that IP before.
correct! This is what I meant!
Bannedseller (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 08:03:00 AM

If you are talking about IP bans, there is a full topic on this here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=711968. Please don't spam on my topic, which is about banning ManyProofs or not.
jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 08:06:06 AM

To be honest, he could be considered a direct spammer. He has been filling up the lending section with fake loans. Regardless of any scams/spams that are created as a result of his thread, his threads in and of themselves are spam. As such, he can be banned without stretching the rules.
lottery248
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1005

beware of your keys.

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 09:53:56 AM

To be honest, he could be considered a direct spammer. He has been filling up the lending section with fake loans. Regardless of any scams/spams that are created as a result of his thread, his threads in and of themselves are spam. As such, he can be banned without stretching the rules.
unfortunately, under the bitcoin talk rule, ManyProofs must to violate the rule to be banned, even though scamming is technically violating the rule(IIRC), but if mods decided to ban him for encouraging scams, moderators would receive major amount of report demanding to ban scammers, plus they would be in trouble of reviewing reports and even admin abuse as i just said. if the admin abuse, lots of admins would be banned.

we must not demand banning him for scamming, instead, let him be to get more information.
if he stopped to lend to his puppets and started to make real deal with others, this post would be useless.

out of ability to use the signature, i want a new ban strike policy that will fade the strike after 90~120 days of the ban and not to be traced back, like google | email me for anything urgent, message will possibly not be instantly responded
i am not really active for some reason
Bannedseller (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 03:04:13 PM

I've stopped the voting, and the result is 12:6. This indicates more people (who've seen this thread and voted) support banning him than not banning him.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: