Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 06:07:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Windows 10: do not upgrade  (Read 1455 times)
worldinacoin

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 11:24:06 AM

Knowing Windows, I never upgraded, let those guinea pigs be the first to updates and clear the bugs Smiley
Scaccomatt0
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

https://cryptoworld.io

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 12:30:05 PM

If you are a bunch of wise bitcoiners you should not definitely upgrade to Windows 10.

For a series of simple reasons:

a. it's buggy;
b. if you don't revise the privacy settings you'll end up share everything with Windows;
c. why it is given for free from a corporation like that? Easy and clean because you're the product for them;
d. it has been presented as the best windows ever: it is not;
e. cortana is useless.

the list goes on and on...

thanks for the info freshwater  Wink

████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
               ______
          __███████████████_      █████         █████          █████           █████
       _█████████████████████      █████         █████        █████           █████
     _███████¯¯¯     ¯¯██████       █████         █████      █████           █████
   _██████¯            ¯████¯        █████         █████    █████           █████
  ██████¯                             █████          ██████████            █████
 ██████                               █████          ██████████            █████
 █████                                 █████         ██████████            █████
█████                                  █████          ████████            █████
█████                                  █████           ██████             █████
█████                                  █████           ██████             █████
█████                                  █████           ██████            █████    
█████                                   █████          ██████          █████    
 █████                                  █████          ██████          █████
 ██████                                 █████          ██████        █████
  ██████_                                █████         ██████        █████
   ¯██████_            _████_            █████        ████████       █████
     ¯███████___     __██████            █████      █████  █████     █████
       ¯█████████████████████             █████    █████    █████   █████
          ¯¯███████████████¯               ████████████      ███████████
               ¯¯¯¯¯¯                      ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯         ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
|

FAUCET
ICO
ANDROID

████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
vervolioman

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 12:33:19 PM

To late the computer I brought already had it installed. I have had no "big problems" with it so far but will update if any come up, tell a lie I tried to install ubuntu and it would not let me for some reason. I am looking into it. Advice would be awesome. The file on live disk is working as I tried it on another comp and all was good.

What use is a signature?
Raeg

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 03:35:19 PM

b. if you don't revise the privacy settings you'll end up share everything with Windows;

This is what I don't like about things like this. Everything from computers to apps to social networks all want to know as much info about you as possible so they can either sell it or capitalize on it in some way. The future looks paranoid and claustrophobic to me withe everything tracking and tracing you and not much we can do about it without refusing to use all these things.
SubversiveTech

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 05:29:59 PM

This is what I don't like about things like this. Everything from computers to apps to social networks all want to know as much info about you as possible so they can either sell it or capitalize on it in some way. The future looks paranoid and claustrophobic to me withe everything tracking and tracing you and not much we can do about it without refusing to use all these things.

Everybody can access the internet, more or less, not everyone can manifest it. (Build a laptop, lay data lines, program their operating system...)

What do you think is running through the mind of the men and women carrying out these horrific lone wolf attacks?

We're giving everybody a window into the universe and then expecting that they can cope with the weight of reality.

Every schizophrenic and paranoiac in the world thinks their every keystroke is logged and monitored by their own personal NSA Agent.

I have long believed this to be one of the most intricate and tortuous problems facing us as a global society.

Biitcoin

Activity: 353
Merit: 250

Zichain

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 05:54:45 PM

I myself upgraded and have no issues at all ,it's faster then 8.1 or any other version and if you know what you are doing you won't have any issues. since they released it on July 29 they made more then one updates for what comes to privacy you can protect your self with some searching and yes i  know some of settings are by default and not visible

Callahan

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 06:05:12 PM

I only found one problem, privacy
Since i updated i feel like a new computer

Be careful.
Borisz

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 06:19:27 PM

"I hate Microsoft because they make more money than I do because Windows is bad."
"I hate Microsoft because they must be doing some shady business. How else could they give their operating system for free?"

What would you like exactly? You don't want to pay, but you don't want not to pay either.

IF you're planning on staying with windows, AND update to 10 (i wouldn't know why, unless you're on a company PC like i am, and the PC team doesn't allow linux), please read this article:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2955491/windows/how-to-stop-windows-10-from-using-your-pcs-bandwidth-to-update-strangers-systems.html

I couldn't believe it myself, untill i read it on a reputable website... They're actually using your bandwidth to dispense updates, unless you explicitly tell them not to  Angry

Doesn't bitcoin do the same with its nodes relaying blocks? Don't everyone torrent stuff all the time? Why is it a problem if a legit company does it? Bitcoin is decentralized and called "revolutionary". Microsoft decentralizes upgrade downloads and people call for "disable".

Don't get me wrong people, I'm not an admirer of Microsoft I just want to bring a new point of view on this and see what you think. I sometimes feel that people simply hate Microsoft because it is trendy or something.
Dacm4n

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 06:53:31 PM

It's working great on my cheap Asus netbook, it actually runs much better than windows 8.1. But I'll be waiting a while before I put it on my desktop.
SubversiveTech

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 09:02:16 PM

"I hate Microsoft because they must be doing some shady business. How else could they give their operating system for free?"

Ubunutu is "free".

Debian, Arch, most every linux OS is free.
dload.1
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1004

BTC

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 01:46:29 AM

i keep getting a popup to upgrade but havent yet maybe i will wait fora little while after reading this.
Superhitech
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 04:02:54 AM

I updated. Windows 10 actually isn't too bad, it is much better than windows 8 IMO. I haven't come across any major bugs so far, but yes I agree that if you don't revise the privacy settings you'll end up share everything with Windows. Revise the privacy settings, don't share your info.
Borisz

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 04:17:20 AM

Ubunutu is "free".

Debian, Arch, most every linux OS is free.

That was simply a representation of people's thoughts on the topic generally.

Do you use any of the OS you mentioned above?
altcoinhosting2

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 05:49:53 AM

--snip--
IF you're planning on staying with windows, AND update to 10 (i wouldn't know why, unless you're on a company PC like i am, and the PC team doesn't allow linux), please read this article:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2955491/windows/how-to-stop-windows-10-from-using-your-pcs-bandwidth-to-update-strangers-systems.html

I couldn't believe it myself, untill i read it on a reputable website... They're actually using your bandwidth to dispense updates, unless you explicitly tell them not to  Angry

Doesn't bitcoin do the same with its nodes relaying blocks? Don't everyone torrent stuff all the time? Why is it a problem if a legit company does it? Bitcoin is decentralized and called "revolutionary". Microsoft decentralizes upgrade downloads and people call for "disable".
--snip--

true... But with bitcoin, it's pretty upfront. You KNOW you'll be relaying blocks when you install the core. When you start µtorrent, you KNOW you'll be sharing the content with others...
on the other side, i feel windows is purposely hiding the fact that they'll be using your bandwith to share windows 10 with other people...

This might not be an issue for you, but in my country, it's still pretty common to have a bandwith cap. I pay a lot for internet, and i can use about 100 Gb/month... It feels very wrong when a company like microsoft is trying to hide the fact that they'll be using our (very expensive and limited) bandwith without our knowledge....

Yes, i'm aware they're following all the rules, it's probably somewhere in their terms and agreements, there is an option to opt-out.... But still, it's not like they actually take any real action to let you know the fact they'll be using your recources to share their software...

██████████████████████▔|▔▔|      LEDGER WALLETSecond factorMalware Proof
████████████████████▔|▔▔|
██████████████████████|▔▔| ◀◀ Smartcard based Hardware Wallet - Worldwide Shipping
bojan92

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 03:17:53 PM

From the things i have read about the Windows 10, i changed my mind about updating my Windows 7. I will wait so they can fix the problems with the Windows 10 or i will stay on Windows 7 until they launch another one better than the Windows 10 Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: