Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 10:55:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Important Please Do not Click on FASTMINER link  (Read 970 times)
camelson (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 03:39:26 PM

As you can see that Many Scammer, Alt of single person or most probably Hacked account, Promoting FASTMINER link everywhere on the Forum. It contain a Malware, Probably when you click or login they got your Login details, and if you used the same login detail as your on this forum they successfully login and scam the Forum.

So Be carefull and Do not Open or Login to that site, Its a Scam Site.

Thanks
CheapSerials

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 03:42:38 PM

Thank you for the warning i have reported him 7x so far i hope he will be banned very soon!!
everaja

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

~ScapeGoat~

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 03:43:30 PM

---warning Stuff--

Good to see that you created this thread , this link also contain a pop-up which prompts you to download a crome extension , and once you download it it secretly uploads all cookies to a unknown server , thus could be used to steal your wallet information.

Just open the link in Sandboxie and you will realize it soon.

Dont Ever open this link outside sandboxie !!

Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2015, 03:48:13 PM

-snip-
Dont Ever open this link outside sandboxie !!

Why do you even want to open such a obvious app? Don't open it inside or outside sandbox!

moug

Activity: 52

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 04:11:29 PM

he only posted that 113 times
umairsaleem019

Activity: 41

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 04:23:22 PM

he only posted that 113 times

Yes, something like that is the risk. I mean these things happen not the first time so i'm sure there are some noobs or persons that click that link.

I even thought it is only reflinkspam and reported them. Cheesy

And when you look into meta then it looks like a not small amount of members claim hacked forum accounts. Roll Eyes
s1ng
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 04:43:11 PM

As you can see that Many Scammer, Alt of single person or most probably Hacked account, Promoting FASTMINER link everywhere on the Forum. It contain a Malware, Probably when you click or login they got your Login details, and if you used the same login detail as your on this forum they successfully login and scam the Forum.

Thanks

Hope admin can ban his IP forever. How this people can be so cruel  Undecided
lite
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 06:04:27 PM

Thanks

Hope admin can ban his IP forever. How this people can be so cruel  Undecided
Banning IP won't stop them. They probably use proxies. Best thing is to just ignore the posts or threads.
ikydesu

Activity: 686

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2015, 06:50:51 PM

Thanks

Thanks for the advice and the warning Smiley
Can you show the one of thread?(just curious).

-snip-
Banning IP won't stop them. They probably use proxies. Best thing is to just ignore the posts or threads.

And report to mod for throw to trash can.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 09:19:51 PM

Thanks

Thanks for the warning, I have seen his posts everywhere and suspected it was some kind of scam. I guess banning him won't do anything, he will just make new account.
People just need to be careful!
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 09:48:13 PM

This forum is a prime location for clickable dodginess. People need to keep that in mind.

It's not just a few passwords. There's a good chance a hacker who nails someone on here might land a major payday from someone who hasn't been careful.
camelson (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 05:46:09 PM

Thanks

-snip-

Open any Board, You will see a locked thread, saying something like get .5btc. Today few more people Promoting this Fishy thing
Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 05:54:31 PM

another spammers came again https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1148300.0
and be careful guys
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2015, 01:14:39 PM

Thanks

Thanks for the warning, I have seen his posts everywhere and suspected it was some kind of scam. I guess banning him won't do anything, he will just make new account.
People just need to be careful!

It would help actually. Because the spammer would need to recreate an account. Even when he would automate that, it would take some time until he could post his link everywhere. There is the newbiejail preventing that, if i'm not mistaken.

So banning the account would help.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 02:23:01 PM

thanks for the warning.
it is always a good practice not to click on any random links, no matter what they are offering. this way you will always stay as safe as possible.
and in some cases you can always use a virtual machine to check them out.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
ikydesu

Activity: 686

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 09:58:39 AM

Thanks

-snip-

Open any Board, You will see a locked thread, saying something like get .5btc. Today few more people Promoting this Fishy thing

Ah, i see, also i seen a lot people promoted that scam site on facebook group, always do scanned site when i visit a strange site and use anti-virus which can block a malicious site.
Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 02:20:42 PM

another hacked account https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=405566
spreading malware link again be careful!!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: