Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:50:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: If you don't run a full node which reasons best describe why?
I don't know how - 1 (1.9%)
I don't know how to configure it to help the network - 1 (1.9%)
It's inconvenient - 6 (11.1%)
It takes up too much hard drive space - 6 (11.1%)
It uses too much bandwidth - 7 (13%)
I prefer other wallet options - 1 (1.9%)
I don't think it's that important - 0 (0%)
takes too long to synchronize with the network - 4 (7.4%)
some other reason - 4 (7.4%)
I do run a full node - 24 (44.4%)
Total Voters: 41

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Full Node Survey (Please Help - Takes a Second)  (Read 1342 times)
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 08:16:25 PM

It's inconvenient
 It takes up too much hard drive space
 It uses too much bandwidth
 I prefer other wallet options
 takes too long to synchronize with the network
 I do run a full node

Everything from above.

I can't seam to get rid of an old habbit it seams, so i'm still running bitcoin core. TBH electrum is way better in terms of ..well..everything, but
for some reason i still run core also, unless someone is gaming, and then i have to turn it off due to ping.
I DO prefer electrum over it, but my main wallet is still in old client, and i doubt i'll change that, i want to help the network in the small way that i can.

cheers

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 08:27:16 PM

It's inconvenient
 It takes up too much hard drive space
 It uses too much bandwidth
 I prefer other wallet options
 takes too long to synchronize with the network
 I do run a full node

Everything from above.

I can't seam to get rid of an old habbit it seams, so i'm still running bitcoin core. TBH electrum is way better in terms of ..well..everything, but
for some reason i still run core also, unless someone is gaming, and then i have to turn it off due to ping.
I DO prefer electrum over it, but my main wallet is still in old client, and i doubt i'll change that, i want to help the network in the small way that i can.

cheers

Basically these reasons.. Expect that I don't run a full node because of it.. I also completely hate the Qt look (am I the only one who thinks it looks shitty?)

If I could host part of the blockchain and could upload less information I would consider running a (partial) node.
coinpr0n

Activity: 910

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 08:30:17 PM

I'm missing option "There is not reason to run it, except geeky feeling of green blinking box with linux on top of it"

really, I don't want to buy new ferrari because I'm running node, but some gift (t-shirt from foundation) or public appreciation (list of node owners volunteering) or some satoshis for at least cover electricity would be nice. sadly, there is nothing except "good geeky feeling", which can't remain forever and cover transaction network..

I hear ya. In a campaign ran by the EFF (I think) TOR relays were given a small token of appreciation - stickers, shirts and whatnot. If the BF were any good they might do the same. PS. I do run a full node. Geek.

RaginglikeaBoss

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

Never before 11 P.M.

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 01:38:48 AM

I'm all about that full node.  Makes me feel like a better person.

Well and I have an excuse to use my 16 TB RAID (0+1), yes on 16 drives.  God knows why I built that thing, but it sure comes in handy and cheap when buying off of Craigslist.

Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036

/dev/null

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 08:00:11 AM

I'm missing option "There is not reason to run it, except geeky feeling of green blinking box with linux on top of it"

really, I don't want to buy new ferrari because I'm running node, but some gift (t-shirt from foundation) or public appreciation (list of node owners volunteering) or some satoshis for at least cover electricity would be nice. sadly, there is nothing except "good geeky feeling", which can't remain forever and cover transaction network..

I hear ya. In a campaign ran by the EFF (I think) TOR relays were given a small token of appreciation - stickers, shirts and whatnot. If the BF were any good they might do the same. PS. I do run a full node. Geek.

yes yes:)

this is actually, what I want to point, because I'm running tor relay (which is consuming almost no CPU/memory/disk space and I can fully manage the bandwidth) and get fancy t-shirt and stickers for it. at least something. bitcoin node, which is big ass server like application with dozens of GB demand, consuming lot of disk I/O and you can't manage bandwidth (as far as I know) can bring you few bucks in some lottery and nothing else..

are developers working on it or is there some plans how to motivate guys to run the node..?
doof

Activity: 765
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 09:33:07 AM

Im launching www.bitcoinnodeday.org to raise awareness about full nodes.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: