Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 03:19:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which assets are worth investing in?  (Read 3374 times)
Aaiiit

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 05:55:21 PM

None, atm in my opinion.
GLBSE makes it way to easy to scam.  Just keep the bitcoins right now.
The risk is to high, if it is a scam, you loose everything.  If it's not a scam but somehow they lose your money, you loose.
If it's an asset that was based on a scam, you loose. 

Until the GLBSE is reinvented in a way that makes it more professional, I'm sitting on my coins!

bitcoinbear (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 05:58:12 PM

None, atm in my opinion.
The risk is to high, if it is a scam, you loose everything.  If it's not a scam but somehow they lose your money, you loose.

Until the GLBSE is reinvented in a way that makes it more professional, I'm sitting on my coins!

Would you say the same about the other exchanges, or just GLBSE?

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 06:18:48 PM

None, atm in my opinion.

The SatoshiDICE asset (S.DICE on MPEX and GSDPT on GLBSE) is not a scam, I assure you. The source of profit is very straightforward. No lofty promises, just a reasonable return on the asset. The risks are very well understood (whether the site will grow or shrink in popularity) and all accounting is fully transparent (provably so, using the blockchain betting analysis).
Aaiiit

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 08:25:00 PM

@bitcoinbear : I only have experience with GLBSE.   

@evoorhees : I'm not saying they are all scams, i'm sure they are not. 
But what if you suddenly decide to end the asset?  How can your investors be sure that they get their bitcoin back?   

Sure you can have "a contract" , but are they being followed in case of default or ending of the asset?  I'm wondering.  How many assets that stopped and actually payed out what they stipulated in the contract.
pyrkne

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 08:43:31 PM

@bitcoinbear : I only have experience with GLBSE.   

@evoorhees : I'm not saying they are all scams, i'm sure they are not. 
But what if you suddenly decide to end the asset?  How can your investors be sure that they get their bitcoin back?   

Sure you can have "a contract" , but are they being followed in case of default or ending of the asset?  I'm wondering.  How many assets that stopped and actually payed out what they stipulated in the contract.

This is a valid concern - contract enforcement is in the hands of GLBSE, representatives of which have been notably absent.

Nefario doxxed Alberto, delisted Goat's assets, then disappeared. I'm not sure about any of the contracts anymore.

~pyotr
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2012, 12:04:39 AM

None, atm in my opinion.

http://polimedia.us/bitcoin/mpex.php?mpsic=B.MPCD.A  MPEX isnt immune to the curent market conditions either.

Bugpowder

Activity: 394
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 01:00:58 AM

None, atm in my opinion.

http://polimedia.us/bitcoin/mpex.php?mpsic=B.MPCD.A  MPEX isnt immune to the curent market conditions either.

Huh?  B.MPCD.A is totally solid.  B.MPCD.C is the probable turd.  B.MPCD.B... unclear...  This is a real tranched CDO though, losses were probable on the C tranche.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 01:49:52 AM

9.x% a month would imply some risk to capital anyway. Who else actually pays even half that much?

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Deprived

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 01:52:29 AM

9.x% a month would imply some risk to capital anyway. Who else actually pays even half that much?

usagi - so long as you invest in BTC but measure the profit in USD (and accept settlement in assets valued at any arbitrary price it sets for them).
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 11:41:24 AM

usagi - so long as you invest in BTC but measure the profit in USD (and accept settlement in assets valued at any arbitrary price it sets for them).

No I meant the other kind of actually.  Tongue

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
bitcoinbear (OP)

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 03:26:42 PM

Does anybody have any information about ADMINSORTED? I saw it mentioned in one of Usagi's many threads and tryed ot find some information. To me it looks like a scam. The payouts seem too regular for a company just starting up, and the number of shares has gone up steadily. I checked out the website, to me it seems that somebody offering to set up other companies websites should have a better website themself. Like scrolling marquee text, what are we, 1993? And the link to "buy shares of ADMINSORTED" just goes to glbse, it should go directly to the company asset page. Also, if they are offering to set up businesses for bitcoins, wouldn't this forum be the first place to advertise?

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
deeplink

Activity: 728

In cryptography we trust

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 03:35:36 PM

Does anybody have any information about ADMINSORTED? I saw it mentioned in one of Usagi's many threads and tryed ot find some information. To me it looks like a scam. The payouts seem too regular for a company just starting up, and the number of shares has gone up steadily. I checked out the website, to me it seems that somebody offering to set up other companies websites should have a better website themself. Like scrolling marquee text, what are we, 1993? And the link to "buy shares of ADMINSORTED" just goes to glbse, it should go directly to the company asset page. Also, if they are offering to set up businesses for bitcoins, wouldn't this forum be the first place to advertise?

Website is definitely unprofessional. One of the worst I have seen in a long time.

It is not made by anyone who understands webdesign. For starters it is one large jpeg picture for crying out loud.
bitcoinbear (OP)

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 03:40:42 PM

Website is definitely unprofessional. One of the worst I have seen in a long time.

It is not made by anyone who understands webdesign. For starters it is one large jpeg picture for crying out loud.

Heh, I thought it had loaded slowly. I guess I can add this to the list of "Things Usagi has invested in which I should run away from".

nebulus

Activity: 490

... it only gets better...

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 03:45:09 PM

GIGAMINING

bitcoinbear (OP)

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 04:43:57 PM

GIGAMINING

The holder of this bond will receive as coupons a number of bitcoins equivalent to 100% PPS output of 5 MH/s, for as long as they hold the bond. Coupon payments are to be made on Monday for the previous 7 days of mining activity. The issuer can buy back the bond at any time at a price equal to 1.05 times the highest price the asset was traded on GLBSE over the prior 360 hours.

You call that a contract?

I don't see anything special here. It is just a fixed mining bond. Looks like a loser to me.

nebulus

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 04:49:43 PM

its going to upgrade plus its the most professional...

bitcoinbear (OP)

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 04:53:02 PM

I'll beleive the upgrade when I see it. Being the most professional is like saying it is the best of the losers, it is still a loser.

nebulus

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 12:56:31 AM

I'll beleive the upgrade when I see it. Being the most professional is like saying it is the best of the losers, it is still a loser.

Read their forum, GIGAMINING -> TERAMINING upgrade, what's there to believe? It is the plan going forward.
The ROI on GIGAMINING is 45 weeks, compared with any other mining assets which usually are over 100.

Considering all the choices you got on GLBSE (management funds (joke), loan bonds (joke), ABS's and mining) - mining is the best investment you can make.

Point 2...
Consider that there have been about 10 mil coins out of 21 mil mined as of now.
Mining is still an open frontier, who the hell is going to mint the rest and who is going to relay transactions?

As far as S.DICE goes, maybe it is profitable, but I kind of have a thing against making my money on people losing theirs.

So the choices here as I see them are either bet on real losers (gambling and scammers) or someone who tries to make BITCOIN worthwhile (mining) and probably will stay around longer because at least they can make a case that they are doing legit business.

nebulus

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 12:57:50 AM

Here are two more funds, I am interested to hear what other people think of them:

[glbse] SS - clearly run by somebody who has actually read an accounting textbook, monthly statements are complete and easy to understand

[glbse] KRAKEN - The one man left standing in the bitcion lending world?

I lost money on SS and had to trade it back. The pretty accounting spreadsheets got me.

bitcoinbear (OP)

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 02:38:35 AM

Okay, here is another one to look at: BTC-BOND, any thoughts? I think it looks decent.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: