Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 02:25:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nearly got scammed 5 btc  (Read 514 times)
jamerico (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 09:45:33 PM

A guy called "CryptoIrnperator" sent me this message:

Quote from: jamerico on Today at 09:15:01 PM
Where do you ship from?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1017206.120

Hi,

We ship from the US.

Currently we only have 2 remaining coins from this limited series.

Current price is $1350

Current BTC rate (Bitstamp rate) : 5BTC

Payment address : 1Kf74Ac1s6fj3DYhN5U334t5A3rZyWQMaC

These really are a good investment, as with Casascius coins the price always increases as soon as availability ends.

After payment please pm me your full shipping info,

Thanks,

CryptoImperator

So basically he made a similar username and tried to pass it off as real. Expecting me to send 5 btc to his btc address.
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1968

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 10:48:27 PM

A guy called "CryptoIrnperator" sent me this message:

Quote from: jamerico on Today at 09:15:01 PM
Where do you ship from?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1017206.120

Hi,

We ship from the US.

Currently we only have 2 remaining coins from this limited series.

Current price is $1350

Current BTC rate (Bitstamp rate) : 5BTC

Payment address : 1Kf74Ac1s6fj3DYhN5U334t5A3rZyWQMaC

These really are a good investment, as with Casascius coins the price always increases as soon as availability ends.

After payment please pm me your full shipping info,

Thanks,

CryptoImperator

So basically he made a similar username and tried to pass it off as real. Expecting me to send 5 btc to his btc address.

Good catch. He's already been marked as scammer. Wink

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=543396

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 03:59:01 AM

How would you have lost 5 BTC? I certainly hope you didn't plan on sending first without using escrow.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
everaja

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

~ScapeGoat~

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 04:12:01 AM

---Snip Chit-Chat---

You stated in title of the Post "Nearly got scammed 5 btc" but I don't see any bits transacted to the given BTC address the scammer Provided.
These Scamming attempt regularly happen overhear , Instead of Opening a separate thread and Over-heading BCT server by making threads , you could have reported the MSG/Thread to Moderators , you could Even Pm About such Incidents to Tomatocage ,QS,Hilario or other concerned Mods.
Remember Next Time.

jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 04:16:32 AM

---Snip Chit-Chat---

You stated in title of the Post "Nearly got scammed 5 btc" but I don't see any bits transacted to the given BTC address the scammer Provided.
These Scamming attempt regularly happen overhear , Instead of Opening a separate thread and Over-heading BCT server by making threads , you could have reported the MSG/Thread to Moderators , you could Even Pm About such Incidents to Tomatocage ,QS,Hilario or other concerned Mods.
Remember Next Time.

Well. If he did not made this thread here, some people might lost 5 BTC to this scammer. I dont think theymos would mind someone posting scamming attempts here.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
everaja

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

~ScapeGoat~

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 04:21:38 AM

---Snip Chit-Chat---

Remember Next Time.

Well. If he did not made this thread here, some people might lost 5 BTC to this scammer. I dont think theymos would mind someone posting scamming attempts here.

I never Told Or stated that Theymos Will Mind This but what i mean was it is not Recommended.
There is alot what Recommendation Means. Moreover once you PM regarding any issues to Tomatocage ,QS,Hilario or other concerned Mods they look up if the reason is legit and Nuke the Scammers profile ASAP.

Note: One who don't know about Trust system will also not bother about checking  Scam Accusations section over BCT.

Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2015, 05:04:30 AM

---Snip Chit-Chat---

Remember Next Time.

I never Told Or stated that Theymos Will Mind This but what i mean was it is not Recommended.
There is alot what Recommendation Means. Moreover once you PM regarding any issues to Tomatocage ,QS,Hilario or other concerned Mods they look up if the reason is legit and Nuke the Scammers profile ASAP.

Note: One who don't know about Trust system will also not bother about checking  Scam Accusations section over BCT.

Tomatocage and QS are not mods or staffs. You are mixing people in default trust list with staffs.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: