Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:05:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: where we can loan out btc?  (Read 2862 times)
MinerHQ (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 01:01:18 AM

Now a days if you check bitcointalk lending section most of the threads useless meaning more than 70% people requesting loans without reading forum rules. Very first post it self request for the loan and these people are not new people they know but still they try their luck. With this lending section become full of scam thread so I was thinking is their any other safe places to earn some interests on our BTC.

In this thread we can also give suggestions for how to improve bitcointalk lending section to minimize scam threads.
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 01:35:33 AM

Now a days if you check bitcointalk lending section most of the threads useless meaning more than 70% people requesting loans without reading forum rules. Very first post it self request for the loan and these people are not new people they know but still they try their luck. With this lending section become full of scam thread so I was thinking is their any other safe places to earn some interests on our BTC.

In this thread we can also give suggestions for how to improve bitcointalk lending section to minimize scam threads.

Just google "bitcoin lending" and there are many hits.  I would say just keep this in the Marketplace child board.  Just because there are scams there doesn't mean it can't still be used.  A lot of lending has to do with establishing reputation.  That's one thing about being on these boards long enough is that you can build that relationship over time and have better business transactions.

But the sites are plentiful outside these forums:  btcjam, btclend.org, and btclendingclub just to name a few.

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 6705

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2015, 02:41:45 AM

The lending section is a good place if you want to remain anonymous. Other popular options are BTCJam and BitLendingClub.

ashour

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 02:41:53 AM

The most trustworthy bitcoin lending platforms are btcjam and bitcoinlendingclub. Btcjam pays up to 19.3% and bitcoin lending club around 12% interest. Be careful if you lend on btt, many scammers lend coins and never pay back.
Possum577

Activity: 434

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2015, 02:43:30 AM

The most trustworthy bitcoin lending platforms are btcjam and bitcoinlendingclub. Btcjam pays up to 19.3% and bitcoin lending club around 12% interest. Be careful if you lend on btt, many scammers lend coins and never pay back.

Are these annual rates? Sounds like such a good deal it could be too good to be true! What's the default rate?

Coins168

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 02:54:07 AM

btcjam and bitcoinlendingclub is known for bitcoin lending but expect to submit tons of requirement and documents before you can ask for a loan.
ashour

Activity: 490

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 04:24:02 AM

Are these annual rates? Sounds like such a good deal it could be too good to be true! What's the default rate?
Yes those are annual rates. BTCjam is the most trustworthy one and higher paying one, they are insured and a bitcoin foundation silver member.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 05:07:06 AM

there are old users that are still lending bitcoin, if you want to get a loan in bitcoin you shouldn't have any problems if you provide collateral

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
fullypak
Legendary

Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 05:33:18 AM

I to believe that lending section should have some restrictions on new users in creating new threads for asking loans. If you notice in recent history most of new threads asking for loans with new accounts. Since new accounts are not a good collateral then why one should allow these new users to create new threads in lending section?

If forum allow to create threads only after reaching jr member account and above can reduce scam posts in some extent only in lending section
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 05:39:55 AM

I to believe that lending section should have some restrictions on new users in creating new threads for asking loans. If you notice in recent history most of new threads asking for loans with new accounts. Since new accounts are not a good collateral then why one should allow these new users to create new threads in lending section?

If forum allow to create threads only after reaching jr member account and above can reduce scam posts in some extent only in lending section

This is not a bad idea! Every fime I get into a lending or currency exchange section, I get overwhelmed by all of the newbies accounts. I mean, we don't need to stereotype, but 90% of those are just looking to screw people over!
tonycamp

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 06:30:59 AM

if no desperate need and good behavior you can try the btc jam no?

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange
█████████    <<  ● Free Coins every 24hrs!  >>
██████████    <<  ● REGISTER NOW and GET 1000 DOGE for FREE!  >>
xhoneyael

Activity: 462

www.AntiBitcoinTalk.com

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2015, 10:29:53 AM

This is not a bad idea! Every fime I get into a lending or currency exchange section, I get overwhelmed by all of the newbies accounts. I mean, we don't need to stereotype, but 90% of those are just looking to screw people over!
i agree with this there are a lot of newbie asking for loan..
but they dont now that no one will give loan without colateral..
lending section become something like newbie section..
i will be happy if only jr member or member and up can only access that section

Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 12:54:10 PM

instead of erasing the problem all at once you should try and fix it!

i mean there are obvious rules and precautions that anybody who is lending or borrowing bitcoin should take to be safer. for example requiring a valid collateral or using trusted escrow services.

and those who don't pay attention to these safety points (which can be found on the top of the lending section by the way) deserve to get scammed.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 02:27:39 PM

What kind of documentation you need to give to deliver loans? (not to ask for them).

I want to put my Bitcoins to some sort of use and try to grow them, but the problem is i've read people get scammed in BTCJam even by A+ approved borrowers. Hows this case? Why would you scam someone after giving all of your details? (to be A+ approved you need tons of details).
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 02:48:40 PM

Im also interested on BTCJam. p2p lending is the future and one of the biggest disruptions that Bitcoin will deliver. Just imagine how mindblowing it is that it is technically possible to loan $1.00 to 100 people if you wanted, instantly and with low fee. From tiny amounts to huge amounts without banks involved. This is incredibly awesome to anyone that is familiar with traditional banking system.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 6705

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2015, 02:54:52 PM

What kind of documentation you need to give to deliver loans? (not to ask for them).

I want to put my Bitcoins to some sort of use and try to grow them, but the problem is i've read people get scammed in BTCJam even by A+ approved borrowers. Hows this case? Why would you scam someone after giving all of your details? (to be A+ approved you need tons of details).
I don't think you need verification to lend.

As for scammers, they could easily get fake documents to become verified. Then when they scam, even if someone tries to go after them, they don't lose anything of value. That is why in order to borrow here a valid collateral is required and ID's are not accepted.

investspot

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Love me love my Bitcoin.

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2015, 03:02:14 PM

Is there a p2p loan site safe enough for me to try?  Roll Eyes
fullypak
Legendary

Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 03:24:34 PM

As for scammers, they could easily get fake documents to become verified. Then when they scam, even if someone tries to go after them, they don't lose anything of value. That is why in order to borrow here a valid collateral is required and ID's are not accepted.

You said it correctly. Hence in this forum the most people use their accounts as a collateral but fail to repay then lender can liquidate those accounts. However now the issue is lending section is fully occupied by scammers so how to minimize this issue is the question. OP has picked up a good topic.

I also think should not allow newbies to create any threads in lending section. Any one else support this?
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 03:47:58 PM

Easily? it's a big risk to fake your documentation and a crime.. I don't understand why someone would do this unless they were trying to get away with it by doing a super big loan scam.
Ideally, they should ask for video verification too. That's a video where the guy is holding his ID or something, or a skype conversation to verify it.
We need those things for the serious borrowers, it just sucks getting scammed. If p2p lending is the future we better decrease the scamming rates otherwise it will be seen as a joke by the traditional banking guys.
alva5763

Activity: 451

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 03:54:34 PM

Interested in giving BTCjam a go.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: