Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 02:32:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there any way to recover PMs  (Read 698 times)
BTCBLOGGER (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 05:09:12 AM

Hello,
I accidentally deleted my PM history and now i want to recover it as it has lots of imp information in it
let me know is it possible to recover the PM history.
and also help me to find the alt of caskey4521 i have a work for him or tell me if you have any way to contact him.
Coinshot

Activity: 521

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 05:11:38 AM

PM theymos, I did the same and he restored my messages.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

BTCBLOGGER (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 05:18:34 AM

PM theymos, I did the same and he restored my messages.
but you have a reputation here (means no negative feedback) but i have hundreds of negative feedback i doubt that theymos will help a scammer.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 05:22:37 AM

Everyone should be able to recover PMs no matter they are having negative trust or not.
Also, after seeing your profile, your 'hundreds of negative trust' is in fact the trust score of yours. You actually got 7 negative trust ratings from trusted members, and 2  positive trusts from trusted members. The trust score algorithm is listed here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1066857.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 2346

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 05:37:02 AM

Theymos has recovered PMs for scammers in the past because it meant allowing the scammer prove that he was scammed himself.

If the PMs are somehow regarding some kind of scam or proving that some kind of scam occurred then I think your chances are pretty good that your PMs will be restored. If you need your PMs restored for some other reason then your chances might not be as good, but I really don't know. 
BTCBLOGGER (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 05:43:11 AM

Theymos has recovered PMs for scammers in the past because it meant allowing the scammer prove that he was scammed himself.

If the PMs are somehow regarding some kind of scam or proving that some kind of scam occurred then I think your chances are pretty good that your PMs will be restored. If you need your PMs restored for some other reason then your chances might not be as good, but I really don't know.  
I will show you the PMs of mine after restoring them that i made lots of mistakes but i'm not a scammer.
BTCBLOGGER (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 06:28:43 AM

PMs are permanently deleted from the database when the sender and all recipients delete them, so some PMs might have been permanently deleted. However, I restored 967 PMs in your outbox and 846 PMs in your inbox.
Didn't get the thing i'm looking for if you have contact info of caskey4521 let me know
polynesia
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 02:02:46 PM

PMs are permanently deleted from the database when the sender and all recipients delete them, so some PMs might have been permanently deleted. However, I restored 967 PMs in your outbox and 846 PMs in your inbox.
Didn't get the thing i'm looking for if you have contact info of caskey4521 let me know

If you do find him, convey a message from me as well.
He has defaulted on a loan of 0.05BTC, while his account is probably worth more than that. He can auction his account, repay my debt and keep the remaining. His account is worthless, otherwise.
BTCBLOGGER (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 06:53:50 PM

Is it possible for bad bear to dig the messages which are deleted permanently because deleted by both parties sender as well as receiver.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2015, 07:06:24 PM
Last edit: August 09, 2015, 07:21:08 PM by erikalui

Don't you have a copy of your messages in your email? You get a mail whenever you receive a message along with the matter and so it can help you to get the required information while if you want YOUR sent messages then you can PM the admin.

@redsn0w: If he is using a random email then it can be understood that he wants to restore all his messages. Else if it's an email account he has access to, his job would be easy.

@BTCBLOGGER: Oh OK. Then admin can only help you.  Sad

redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 07:07:23 PM

Don't you have a copy of your messages in your email? You get a mail whenever you receive a message along with the matter and so it can help you to get the required information while if you want YOUR sent messages then you can PM the admin.

What if he is using a 'random email'?
BTCBLOGGER (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 07:18:36 PM

I received my mails into spam folder before the hack so it is deleted by the folder after 30 days and same condition for the trash folder.
The message is already deleted from both folder by a automatic process.
I also contacted the gmail team they said it was deleted permanently and we don't have any way to recover those messages for you.
BTCBLOGGER (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 07:19:45 PM

What if he is using a 'random email'?
Nope I'm using a real email and fully able to receive any message from bitcointalk.org just for clarification.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2015, 07:56:58 AM

Is it possible for bad bear to dig the messages which are deleted permanently because deleted by both parties sender as well as receiver.

If theymos can't do, then BadBear can't. However, theymos maybe able to dig a backup and restore your PMs but I don't think he would be willing to spend that much time though its worth asking! It maybe better to tell the date of the PM(s) you want to restore, so he will know which backup.

Does BadBear has access to forum backups?

subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 08:38:35 AM

If theymos can't do, then BadBear can't. However, theymos maybe able to dig a backup and restore your PMs but I don't think he would be willing to spend that much time though its worth asking! It maybe better to tell the date of the PM(s) you want to restore, so he will know which backup.

Does BadBear has access to forum backups?
i would think he does based on this
He can no longer edit or delete his posts, or delete others posts in self moderated threads, but theymos will have to deal with the restoring posts, he can do it far easier/faster than I can when it's a lot.

but even so, I dont think it would exactly be high up on the priority list.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: