Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:45:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin-qt and Malwarebytes ?  (Read 661 times)
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6099

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 08:43:50 AM

As some of you already know that I unistalled Bitcoin Core and switching to Electrum ...
However I was at my friend's home the other day and while using the internet I saw a message poping on the bottom right of the screen when I saw it it was Bitcoin-qt and the message was from Malwarebytes Anti-Malware asking to exclude the website (the virus was from an IP adress/domain) , I was able to take a screenshot of the IP and I didn't find it on Malwarebyte :/ I just know it started with 91.xxx.xxx

What I'am asking is , why this happened exactly ? My friend is running full node so is it dangerous and the IP was from who exactly ?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2015, 09:08:19 AM

Well you definitely did not provide enough information for anyone to asses what might have happened.
You do realize that when running a node your IP is exposed and thus you're vulnerable to various malicious things without using proper security?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 09:11:56 AM

Well you definitely did not provide enough information for anyone to asses what might have happened.
You do realize that when running a node your IP is exposed and thus you're vulnerable to various malicious things without using proper security?

I do know that mate , and I guess you are the one who told me on previous threads Smiley but what are the security measures that should be taken exactly , Anti virus or anti malwares should be enough . for me Im not longer using it but my friend is

for what comes to the informations , to be more specific it's gives something like this (another IP and the path to bitcoin-qt) so I was wondering how dangerous this could be .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2015, 09:16:56 AM

I do know that mate , and I guess you are the one who told me on previous threads Smiley but what are the security measures that should be taken exactly , Anti virus or anti malwares should be enough . for me Im not longer using it but my friend is

for what comes to the informations , to be more specific it's gives something like this (another IP and the path to bitcoin-qt) so I was wondering how dangerous this could be .

Its just informing you that someone tries to establish a connection from the outside to the machine. If the router is setup to forward the port or has uPNP enabled this is how bitcoin core is able to get more than 8 connections. WIth the default settings this should not be an issue to allow as it does not allow someone that access the wallet or even your balance. Its the same kind of connection bitcoin core establishes for the first 8 anyway, it just originates from a different machine.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 09:45:58 AM

So most of all it's nothing dangerous and I can keep using it just fine if I understood you right
But in the future should I exclude the websites on Malwarebytes or that would be dangerous or letting them is just fine

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2015, 09:54:23 AM

So most of all it's nothing dangerous and I can keep using it just fine if I understood you right
But in the future should I exclude the websites on Malwarebytes or that would be dangerous or letting them is just fine

It should be fine, yes. Its not a website its just a different computer running bitcoin core. Since these request should come regularly it would probably best to configure malwarebytes in a way that allows bitcoin core in general to accept outside connections (if thats possible).

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: