Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 08:08:32 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum - Stay out!  (Read 10209 times)
sofu
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1085

Degenerate Crypto Gambler

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 09:46:50 AM

I missed the ICO and came across ETC - Ethercoin on Bittrex and they were going to exchange their coins for ETH once released, I picked up a few but got rid of them just before the ETH release at a small profit as it seemed to look like there would be a massive dump before a stable price would take place as all the ICO folk would no doubt unload their coins after waiting so long.

I have also some ETC on Bettrex and dont know how to go forward.
so the coins will be changed automaticalle into ETH if the released on Bittrex ? when ? and where does thins information come from.
or is it easier to go the way over https://www.kraken.com/ether ?
for me it makes no sense to hold the ETC because the will dying, right ?

lol. sell your ETC and move the BTC to polo and buy ETH (if you want ETH). ETC is higher than ETH at the moment. Why waiting to change it 1:1

tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 09:51:02 AM

I missed the ICO and came across ETC - Ethercoin on Bittrex and they were going to exchange their coins for ETH once released, I picked up a few but got rid of them just before the ETH release at a small profit as it seemed to look like there would be a massive dump before a stable price would take place as all the ICO folk would no doubt unload their coins after waiting so long.

so the coins will be changed automaticalle into ETH if the released on Bittrex ? when ? and where does thins information come from.

There is no reason why ETC should survive. ETH has a huge inflation... There is no need for ETC. Funny that the ETC-price is over the ETH-price. Makes no sense.
GODLIKE

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

LOL what you looking at?

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 07:21:04 AM

There is no reason why ETC should survive. ETH has a huge inflation... There is no need for ETC. Funny that the ETC-price is over the ETH-price. Makes no sense.

Ethercoins are redeemable for Ether on a 1:1 basis.

They quite changed their vision eheh.

Anyway, I don't really think Ethereum will crumble to death.
Instead, my opinion is that there are good chances it will REPLACE Bitcoin completely.

Samsung partnered with IBM to insert the Internet of Things in the Samsung things.
You can see this here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1XOPIqyP7A

This can easily mean that the next Samsung Galaxy will have an Ether Wallet preinstalled.
And subsequently this means that MILLIONS of people will have an Ether Wallet in their smartphone, either they want it or not.
And subsequently this means that there will be MUCH more advertising about Ethereum than of Bitcoin.
And subsequently this means that developers and producers will put Ether automation systems into their machinery/services/automatic distributors.

Imagine you go at a bar now and pay with Bitcoin.

Now, imagine in 2 years you go at a bar, and you and your barman have a Samsung phone.
You can pay him in ETH.
It's TOTALLY, COMPLETELY predictable.

Also, consider that IBM will probably sell its system (featuring Ethereum, BitTorrent, etc) to other large producers.

Hey, don't need to mention the advertising Samsung WILL make about all of this, right?
I can see them stamping the Ether logo everywhere... not the Bitcoin logo.
This is kind of sad... but I think there's good chances it will go this way.

I'm seriously thinking if Ethereum is going to replace Bitcoin in just 2 years... and if Ethereum is the cryptocurrencies killer app.

BITCOIN FOREVER news aggregator: only the most important news on the cryptoworld!
montaga

Activity: 616
Merit: 264

Freedom, Natural Law

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 08:31:56 AM

Toi are light years behind times, IBM and Samsung going to fork eth, anyway projecteur seems dead
bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 11:35:35 PM

Good information on this thread.
OBAViJEST

Activity: 714

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2015, 11:40:11 PM

Really hoping for a dead cat bounce right now...

Can someone explain this fiasco, explain like I'm 5 Wink
2dogs
Legendary

Activity: 1267

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 11:47:06 PM
Last edit: August 15, 2015, 12:04:50 AM by 2dogs

Explanations are just noise.
Markets - they are what they are.

Ladies and gentlemen, place your bets. Wink
worldinacoin

Activity: 756

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 11:55:05 PM

I would rush to buy some more upon dip.
bit1
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 12:34:20 AM

If the two big companies of Computer Industry are interested on ETH then Yes price goes up, If not, not. Prices on market keep controlled for the trader bots to get profits to his owners.
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2015, 01:43:39 PM

"I bought Etherium in its pre-sale. I waited for more than a year. I want my Bitcoin!! That's why I'm selling" <--- dumper, of which there've been many.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

go6ooo1212
Legendary

Activity: 1512

quarkchain.io

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 01:51:44 PM

Which price was the ETH presale at ?
Sir Alpha_goy

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 01:58:54 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2015, 04:48:56 PM by Sir Alpha_goy

Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2015, 02:27:23 PM

Which price was the ETH presale at ?

Jeez...you got me there. It was so long ago, I only remembered that it varied in the usual sliding-scale early-bird-discount way.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

tron1con

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 02:53:28 PM

In the beginning, you could get 2,000 ETH per BTC. Now, aside from the beginning bid price on BITTREX last week of 0.08 (which came out to 12.5 ETH per BTC, a whopping increase of 160 times), the current price has temporarily stabilized to an artificial value of 0.00629951 BTC/ETH, or 158.74 ETH per BTC, roughly. This by no means is an actual price however, as corporate giants are taking ethereum to the next level...you better hang on to every ether you have and keep the password in a vault.
Sir Alpha_goy

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 03:06:06 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2015, 04:52:21 PM by Sir Alpha_goy

OBAViJEST

Activity: 714

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2015, 03:28:40 PM

Explanations are just noise.
Markets - they are what they are.

Ladies and gentlemen, place your bets. Wink

I've been enlightened! I'm sure there's not much more to it Wink
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 04:08:32 PM

I guess the august 11 bounce was the dead cat bounce..

Volume is already decreasing after this dip from high a day ago. I expect it to drop down further from here.
K210

Activity: 1568
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 04:33:11 PM

Price is down 20% since 24 hours get out while you can i think i smell another paycoin brewing
bit1
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 12:16:11 AM

Price is down 20% since 24 hours get out while you can i think i smell another paycoin brewing

Sell on an downtrend:  is good idea it?. Maybe you are talking about ones that they bought cheaper.
fast2fix
Legendary

Activity: 1612
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 07:58:14 AM

once gui wallet is made available price will go down a lot.. Tongue
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: