Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 06:15:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are bitcoins accepted by Amazon.com?  (Read 1606 times)
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3247

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 12:10:30 AM

I took another look at Purse.io just a few hours ago and it looks like if you're a total newbie, you can't choose a discount percentage, and have to buy your order directly through Purse for a few percent off. I'm guessing as your account ages and you have more transactions under your belt, then they'd start to loosen rules and allow you to post your listing and listing price, to choose a percentage off.

I haven't used Purse.io in a while, and they have changed a little, but AFAIK you have to order a certain amount at a fixed discount before you can choose your own discount. I have bought many hundreds of dollars worth of items at 15%-25% discounts through Purse.io and I am happy with their service. I have had no major problems.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
malphite

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 03:11:48 AM

last time I checked amazon is not even into promoting bitcoin when they can test it out how it does.

the only way you can do the whole amazon thing is if you buy on purse, but be cautious on the % of discounts as some turn out to be scams.

Just be reasonable like the 15% range and you`ll be good.
Hexcoin

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 03:18:22 AM

AFAIK amazon doesnt accept bitcoins but you can buy amazon cards from gyft.com by bitcoins
MasterYii

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 05:17:42 AM

AFAIK amazon doesnt accept bitcoins but you can buy amazon cards from gyft.com by bitcoins

I say the gyft approach is probably the most best and safe approach.

there are also days when gyft does holiday discounts and you can buy their "gyft" card to purchase a discount then use that to buy a cheaper amazon card.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 11:35:46 AM

I say the gyft approach is probably the most best and safe approach.

there are also days when gyft does holiday discounts and you can buy their "gyft" card to purchase a discount then use that to buy a cheaper amazon card.

You will get 3% of your money back to your account when you buy with Bitcoin. Subtracting 3% from the amount is better than sending 3% back to the account. Anyway, its still good! But I recommend Zebpay. It already is selling few gift cards at 10% discount and I heard they will soon add Amazon.com gift cards. I have used it numerous times and it all went well! Even though, I had a few issues, their support promptly replied and fixed it!

yummyransom

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 12:35:51 AM

I haven't try it. But you should try if they'll going to accept it.

SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2015, 06:32:59 PM

If you don't feel like going through Purse.io (I know they had a lot of fraud problems a few months ago, some buyers even had police knocking on their door asking them about the fraud) your other option would be to use Gyft and buy Amazon gift cards. If you go that route, you can get 5% cash back on all purchases (it's normally 3% when paying with bitcoin, but they currently have a 5% promo). I've used them many times before and never had an issue, so I'd highly recommend them.

I think it's worth to note that purse acted when this happened. So far it was only one incident and purse instantly wrote about this. They made a fund funded with 10,000 USD that is used to defend members in the case this happens.

So far only one case happened and this was the one they acted on.

That they acted so fast actually impressed me. Most bitcoin companies would not admit such happening. The rumours would grow on the net and damaging the company. Because they acted so fast they could prevent that and no bad thing happened for them.

I wish that behaviour would be standard for bitcoin companies. But many of them have so enourmous problems with communication that it is not funny anymore.
I didn't realize that this only happened once before (I thought I read about it happening at least a few times on /r/Bitcoin) but yeah it's really good of them to stand up for the customer in this case and help them financially.

I took another look at Purse.io just a few hours ago and it looks like if you're a total newbie, you can't choose a discount percentage, and have to buy your order directly through Purse for a few percent off. I'm guessing as your account ages and you have more transactions under your belt, then they'd start to loosen rules and allow you to post your listing and listing price, to choose a percentage off.

Then they changed rules when newbies only can buy from purse directly. Normally you could add your wishlist but as a newbie you can only chose 10% maximum. That is rising up to 50% pretty fast, though the insane fee at 50% makes this a 36% fee only anymore.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
madjules007

Activity: 400
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 06:35:16 PM

If you don't feel like going through Purse.io (I know they had a lot of fraud problems a few months ago, some buyers even had police knocking on their door asking them about the fraud) your other option would be to use Gyft and buy Amazon gift cards. If you go that route, you can get 5% cash back on all purchases (it's normally 3% when paying with bitcoin, but they currently have a 5% promo). I've used them many times before and never had an issue, so I'd highly recommend them.

I've always been weary of Purse.io because of the fraud implications. I never saw the posts specifically -- what kind of money was involved in those cases where police actually got involved?

I generally just stick to Gyft. Been just taking the 3% discount for a year or more now. It's not huge, but hey, I can't complain. Tongue

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████