Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:53:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [BOUNTY] VNL - Vanillacoin - ZeroTime double-spend reward  (Read 5972 times)
sempyper

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 02:49:04 PM

in celebration of john-connors ownage on these peasants, i might buy some more vnl
P-Funk

Activity: 360
Merit: 250

Token

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 05:03:26 PM

I wouldn't trust in the possibility of a bounty unless it was held by a third party escrow.

Well, this would be a right question for this thread when it wouldn't start with "I wouldn't trust..."
In this form from newbie account means nothing but just another FUD post.

A newbie account registered before yours. Newbie Wink
jimlite
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 05:20:56 PM

Is the Nick Szabo comment a joke, a guess, or for real?

Binance, hottest/largest alt exchange, 2BTC daily no verification. https://www.binance.com/?ref=13309371
NEED TO RENT A RIG? All algos at http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=627

✵ Super FAST block times      ✵ Block Explorer right in the wallet!     ✵ Stealth Addresses     ✵ PoW/PoS hybrid  
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Ancient Money
for a New World
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Join the conversation!
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

TWITTER

solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 07:46:32 PM

He's been widely suspected as being Satoshi for years, its nothing new. I mean the similarities of Bitgold and BTC are uncanny.
jimlite
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 08:07:55 PM

He's been widely suspected as being Satoshi for years, its nothing new. I mean the similarities of Bitgold and BTC are uncanny.
Then why does Newsweek chase an old Japanese guy, lol. My guess is that S.N. is a group of coders, Nick being one of them. Who knows, maybe John is one of them.

Binance, hottest/largest alt exchange, 2BTC daily no verification. https://www.binance.com/?ref=13309371
NEED TO RENT A RIG? All algos at http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=627

✵ Super FAST block times      ✵ Block Explorer right in the wallet!     ✵ Stealth Addresses     ✵ PoW/PoS hybrid  
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Ancient Money
for a New World
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Join the conversation!
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

TWITTER

brownmon

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 08:12:04 PM

(I believe it is no longer the case that the source is not available,  but I'm not positive.)

Why do you even comment without doing your research? You are no better than the 0 activity trolls in most threads.

The project is open source, google: vanillacoin + github

Was it hard?

I believe the zero-time code is not yet open-source, right?
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 08:30:49 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2015, 09:29:59 PM by smooth

Anyone could have read about bitgold and been inspired to create Bitcoin. It doesn't have to be Szabo.

I've been told by someone who seems to know something that Szabo isn't Satoshi. Take that for what it's worth (not much, as presented).

Personally I rate Szabo as a likely candidate to have been involved in some manner. Some recent developments make that more likely IMO. No I won't elaborate. Do your own research. (It does not involve "john-connor".)
YAdaminer

Activity: 829

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 09:26:09 PM

I wouldn't trust in the possibility of a bounty unless it was held by a third party escrow.

Well, this would be a right question for this thread when it wouldn't start with "I wouldn't trust..."
In this form from newbie account means nothing but just another FUD post.

A newbie account registered before yours. Newbie Wink

On comment like this I can only say, carpe diem. Newbie
blobafett2

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 10:29:44 PM

Anyone could have read about bitgold and been inspired to create Bitcoin. It doesn't have to be Szabo.

I've been told by someone who seems to know something that Szabo isn't Satoshi. Take that for what it's worth (not much, as presented).

Personally I rate Szabo as a likely candidate to have been involved in some manner. Some recent developments make that more likely IMO. No I won't elaborate. Do your own research. (It does not involve "john-connor".)

Hi VNL community,

I did a tally of Smooth's attacks on his competitors today and notice him attacking VNL.

Attacking his competitors:

Dash thread: 26 posts (competing with the anon feature)
Vanilla threads: 20 posts (competing for Poloniex volume)
Bytecoin thread: 4 posts (competing "Anon coin")

Posting on his own threads:

AEON: 3 posts
Monero: 0 posts

Smooth's competitors attacking his coins on their threads:

Dash devs: 0 posts
Vanilla devs: 0 posts
Bytecoin devs: 0 posts

I made a thread to investigate Smooth after months of attacking his competitors and also attempting / succeeding to take over his competitors as developer,  please feel free to vote whether you think his actions are ethical / professional / not in conflict of interest.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1151565.0
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 10:34:44 PM

Hey blobafett2, did you actually look at VNL's copied code where they took Bitcoin's code, removed the attribution and copyright notices, slightly reformatted it, and claimed it was their own work?

Or is everything in altcoin land all about your personal vendetta against me, and you couldn't care less what scumbag behavior goes on, including blatantly ripping off Bitcoin?

blobafett2

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 10:38:40 PM

Hey blobafett2, did you actually look at VNL's copied code where they took Bitcoin's code, removed the attribution and copyright notices, slightly reformatted it, and claimed it was their own work?

Or is everything in altcoin land all about your personal vendetta against me, and you couldn't care less what scumbag behavior goes on, including blatantly ripping off Bitcoin?

I am not here to assess the validity of any particular coin.  I am investigating you, as a core dev who actively trolls all of his competitors, daily.
traumschiff (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001

180 BPM

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 10:41:25 PM

Hi VNL community,

I did a tally of Smooth's attacks on his competitors today and notice him attacking VNL.

Attacking his competitors:

Dash thread: 26 posts (competing with the anon feature)
Vanilla threads: 20 posts (competing for Poloniex volume)
Bytecoin thread: 4 posts (competing "Anon coin")

Posting on his own threads:

AEON: 3 posts
Monero: 0 posts

Smooth's competitors attacking his coins on their threads:

Dash devs: 0 posts
Vanilla devs: 0 posts
Bytecoin devs: 0 posts

I made a thread to investigate Smooth after months of attacking his competitors and also attempting / succeeding to take over his competitors as developer,  please feel free to vote whether you think his actions are ethical / professional / not in conflict of interest.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1151565.0

I saw the same in his post history, but don't crush his dreamworld please, not sure if he can cope with the thought of being a troll. Necroing something thats half a year old as his main argument for trolling...

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 10:41:56 PM

I am not here to assess the validity of any particular coin.  I am investigating you, as a core dev who actively trolls all of his competitors, daily.

Not even close to all. But if you are investigating stalking me, and not this coin, then your posts on this thread are by your own admission 100% off topic. Please stop.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 10:43:18 PM

Necroing something thats half a year old as his main argument for trolling...

There is nothing a half a year old in those github links showing copied code. Those are current links. Which means the supposedly 'necroed' points made a half a year ago are still accurate and still valid, if not more so.

traumschiff (OP)
Legendary

180 BPM

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 10:45:10 PM

It's a C++11 reinventing of crypto (if you want to point an existing crypto out, atleast point to Peercoin).

Also please match the way the mempool works and the whole communication protocol.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 10:49:58 PM

It's a C++11 reinventing of crypto (if you want to point an existing crypto out, atleast point to Peercoin).

That's a marketing slogan that factually is a load of shit.

The code is copied, from Bitcoin. Reformatted, with attributions removed in violation of the copyright and as misrepresentation. Just exactly as gmaxwell said six months ago, except looking at current code today it is the same thing.

Anyone with any programming knowledge can look at the above links and confirm.
traumschiff (OP)
Legendary

180 BPM

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 10:51:29 PM

The code is copied, from Bitcoin. Reformatted, with attributions removed in violation of the copyright and as misrepresentation. Just exactly as gmaxwell said six months ago, except looking at current code today it is the same thing.

Poloniex did and they didn't confirm.

Oh.... Thought your AEON is on Poloniex.... sorry. #rekt

etoque
Legendary

Activity: 1974

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 10:54:13 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2015, 11:14:50 PM by etoque

Poloniex did and they didn't confirm.

Oh.... Thought your AEON is on Poloniex.... sorry. #rekt

rekt

Smooth,you have very bad known reputation in crypto world,how much you paid for this +40 in trust ?
YAdaminer

Activity: 829

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 10:58:59 PM

blablablabla

It seems that you as dev don't have better things to do than going into endless discussions, basicaly saying nothing.
So, with so much spare time why don't you try to take our bounty money, it should be easy for mastermind like you.
And please don’t crap about bounty amount while your last development achievement presented in your thread is 'New feature -- donation mining'
I'm not calling coin/project you are working on as scam nor do I quote someone who said that but man, take a look at your work first than think for few seconds and then talk about other people's projects.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 11:12:22 PM

blablablabla

It seems that you as dev don't have better things to do than going into endless discussions, basicaly saying nothing.

I'm saying that VNL is using ripped off code from Bitcoin that was reformatted and had its attributions removed and that your developer is lying about it.

That's what I'm saying.

If you think that means nothing, then ignore it and carry on. Other people might find that significant.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: