Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:21:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What you think we must do to spread the word of bitcoin in india?  (Read 3950 times)
IIIIIHIIIII (OP)

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 05:22:54 AM

Still working as /r/CryptoIndia to bring together indians who rolls with crypto and to educate people about what CryptoCurrency is and helping NGO's raising funds in Crypto. I think what we need to do is make the process of using Crypto simple. Before i made the Whatsapp Dogecoin Tipbot classmates weren't  interested into crypto but after that people do come to me and ask about BTC,how to buy BTC and all.

Will like to know what are your thoughts on this.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
btc_enigma

Activity: 688
Merit: 565

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 06:26:38 AM

Nice work on whatsapp bot, I saw it on reddit.

I personally tip my friends small amounts of bitcoin and encourage them to try it out using mobile wallets like mycelium. Also we need more positive coverage in India, not sure how that is going to happen

IIIIIHIIIII (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 10:41:41 AM

Nice work on whatsapp bot, I saw it on reddit.

I personally tip my friends small amounts of bitcoin and encourage them to try it out using mobile wallets like mycelium. Also we need more positive coverage in India, not sure how that is going to happen

Thanks Smiley

For positive coverage i think donating bitcoins will be nice. Contact some NGO's and ask them to accept BTC as donation.

I have contacted my college's computer group (which organizes workshops on techie stuff) and asked them to introduce students to cryptoCurrency and to the technology behind it. Havent got a response yet.
vennali
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1081

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 08:10:07 PM

Offering free bitcoin along with mentioning whats the equivalent amount in dollars would be a nice way to do it. But again you will have to see who your target audience would be, and maybe then you could direct your campaign towards them.

I am sure finding a way to spread the word in colleges would give it a huge boost.

polynesia
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 01:38:44 AM

I am sure finding a way to spread the word in colleges would give it a huge boost.

Measures have been taken in this regard.
http://www.newsbtc.com/2015/06/20/coinsecure-is-now-connecting-india-to-bitcoin/
Nizam ibrahim.P.N

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 02:07:57 PM

As we all are dreaming for well devolped 'INDIA' for our life! By the spreading of Bitcoins facility will be truthfull to all our mates and the whole India would be devoloped.Which makes a vast elastic method to use Bitcoin facility as a bank in our country.And the people will be more eager to use Bitcoins. Smiley
polynesia
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 05:20:37 PM

As we all are dreaming for well devolped 'INDIA' for our life! By the spreading of Bitcoins facility will be truthfull to all our mates and the whole India would be devoloped.Which makes a vast elastic method to use Bitcoin facility as a bank in our country.And the people will be more eager to use Bitcoins. Smiley

Nope, I don't think Bitcoin is the panacea for all our ills.  Smiley
Bitcoins can't replace lending banks as well. As long as there is a need for credit, there will be banks (in one form or the other).
IIIIIHIIIII (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 04:44:17 AM

Working on this http://cryptoindia.org [WIP]. Any thoughts?
newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1049

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 01:24:21 PM

What is it ? A blog ?

IIIIIHIIIII (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 02:20:39 PM

What is it ? A blog ?

No. Its a site about what cryptoindia is and a palce where a non-crypto person can get their questions related to crypto answered. Focused on helping new comers.
newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1049

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 02:55:27 PM

What is it ? A blog ?

No. Its a site about what cryptoindia is and a palce where a non-crypto person can get their questions related to crypto answered. Focused on helping new comers.

CryptoIndia site is about CryptoIndia ? Confusing... It is great that you want to introduce newbies to crypto. But, how ? Through blog, through forum, through meetup, through conference ? What is the means ?

IIIIIHIIIII (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 03:49:14 PM
Last edit: August 13, 2015, 04:13:53 PM by IIIIIHIIIII

What is it ? A blog ?

CryptoIndia site is about CryptoIndia ? Confusing... It is great that you want to introduce newbies to crypto. But, how ? Through blog, through forum, through meetup, through conference ? What is the means ?

i said site about what crytoindia is meaning whats cryptoindia is all about also i said its a place where a non-crypto person can get their questions related to crypto answered meaning its not a site just about cryptoindia.

By doing meetups in colleges. Will be giving away paper wallets in college. Since i am a student and know some students from different colleges i can manage to do it in different colleges.

Edit:

Also this is not the first time i am doing this earlier we used dogecoin to raise funds for NGO's. https://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/comments/2v39gp/rcryptoindia_we_did_it_guyskids_got_the_stationary/.

Talked with classmates about bitcoin, no one was interested. Gave away some coins, some got interested (some where there just for free money). To make expericence little fun i made whatsapp tipbot, now people who werent interested started using it. started asking question about bitcoin, where can i buy it how can i earn it and stuff. Their expression when i tell them that "1 btc is 17k" is priceless, they just dont believe it. One guy when told to google the price yourself said google is not 100% reliable source, lol.
polynesia
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 04:12:41 PM

i said site about what crytoindia is meaning whats cryptoindia is all about also i said its a place where a non-crypto person can get their questions related to crypto answered meaning its not a site just about cryptoindia.

By doing meetups in colleges. Will be giving away paper wallets in college. Since i am a student and know some students from different colleges i can manage to do it in different colleges.

All the best. It would be good to create awareness amongst students.
If we can initiate bitcoin discussions at one of the technical festivals of engineering colleges, it would create awareness.
IIIIIHIIIII (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 04:23:15 PM

All the best. It would be good to create awareness amongst students.
If we can initiate bitcoin discussions at one of the technical festivals of engineering colleges, it would create awareness.

Yeah. I have sent an email regarding cryptocurrency to a tech group which conducts workshops in my college. Will try to setup a workshop on cryptocurrency.

Haven't got any response yet.
snd1980

Activity: 8

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 04:51:53 PM

call me
IIIIIHIIIII (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 04:59:10 AM

call me

??
tech_solutions

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 07:19:10 AM

I am a Computer Engineer , so i think i will also work on your project and conduct a small campaign in relate to bitcoins and crypto currency and their benefits . can u share some samples , images and idea to prepare a campaign in colleages
bineshb

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 09:17:47 AM

Meetups are the best way . Need to do  meetups every month . Even small city workshops in a café is good idea. In London there is a Bitcoin workshop in a café every Tuesday.

AIB doing a video on Bitcoins maybe?

n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 09:33:09 AM

Firstly the word with spread itself in the same way that is made in all the world not only for the bitcoin but for every other things. Secondly the normal ways or propagation of things, mouth to mouth, publicity, talk to merchants to accept bitcoin as a way to payments, encouraging the people to search in internet for bitcoin. I think that those are to many and are enough. If it will be applied even half of those there were be to many Indians who will know better bitcoin.
tech_solutions

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 12:52:07 PM

Meetups are the best way . Need to do  meetups every month . Even small city workshops in a café is good idea. In London there is a Bitcoin workshop in a café every Tuesday.

AIB doing a video on Bitcoins maybe?

I am living in a small  Town (Hubli , Karnataka) and the idea is very attractive I will work on this and will start next a small Campaign relating to Bitcoins and like u gave idea of Cafe here one famous Cafe is their will keep the meeting their,

thanks for the idea and pls give more ideas like this
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: