Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 08:00:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How Mine POS ?  (Read 1721 times)
babylon99 (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 12:37:53 PM

for Coins with POS phase how mine them and get interest ?
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 12:41:38 PM

There is no mining. That's the whole point. With most POS coins you earn fees from the transactions which is often linked to how many of the coins you hold.
babylon99 (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 12:46:01 PM

There is no mining. That's the whole point. With most POS coins you earn fees from the transactions which is often linked to how many of the coins you hold.

HOw to earn from pos phASE ?
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 12:49:38 PM

You gotta buy some POS coins and stake them. You might not make all that much though. There are occasionally giveaways of new coins and their faucets can be generous but don't plan on getting rich any time soon.
babylon99 (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 12:55:40 PM

You gotta buy some POS coins and stake them. You might not make all that much though. There are occasionally giveaways of new coins and their faucets can be generous but don't plan on getting rich any time soon.

COULD YOU EXPLAIN MORE ? I bought 650 amber coin 4 days ago but didn't get any Earning from POS phase . whats wrong ?
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 01:42:41 PM

COULD YOU EXPLAIN MORE ? I bought 650 amber coin 4 days ago but didn't get any Earning from POS phase . whats wrong ?

You need to leave your wallet open for it to begin staking. The more coins you have, the more probability you have to earn coins from stake. If you leave your wallet open 24/7 then you will have a greater chance to earn coins from stake.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
babylon99 (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 07:08:45 PM

You need to leave your wallet open for it to begin staking. The more coins you have, the more probability you have to earn coins from stake. If you leave your wallet open 24/7 then you will have a greater chance to earn coins from stake.

So wallet must be open........ Okay thanks

Graphic card Influence On the POS and earn ? Why some coins with 100% POS choose different algorithm ? Is there any Advantage between scrypt and x11 for 100% POS ?
Abiky
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 12:08:54 AM

Graphic card Influence On the POS and earn ? Why some coins with 100% POS choose different algorithm ? Is there any Advantage between scrypt and x11 for 100% POS ?

There might be an advantage but I really don't know since I don't pay much attention to the algorithm of POS. But I do know this, X11 algorithm is more efficient in GPU. That might help in staking POS coins. Just my opinion. Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong  Smiley

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
lottery248
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1005

beware of your keys.

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 10:11:20 AM

PoS is easy, buy your coins, and simply leave it, once matured, put your wallet online again.
that's easy, PoS is originally from Peercoin, you understand.
gotta stake another coins like ReddCoin as my recommendation.

out of ability to use the signature, i want a new ban strike policy that will fade the strike after 90~120 days of the ban and not to be traced back, like google | email me for anything urgent, message will possibly not be instantly responded
i am not really active for some reason
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 11:08:04 AM

PoS is easy, buy your coins, and simply leave it, once matured, put your wallet online again.
PoS is the easiest way to lose money in scam coin... go for it if you have btc to lose

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
Abiky
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 12:46:33 PM

I've been staking LiteDoge and earned great rewards. They're really cheap now. I have 201985.87225149 LDOGE  Cool

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
babylon99 (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 01:19:42 AM

But I do know this, X11 algorithm is more efficient in GPU. That might help in staking POS coins.

If there is no relation between POS and mining why you said "X11 algorithm is more efficient in GPU. That might help in staking POS coins. " HuhHuhHuhHuh?
Abiky
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 01:23:40 AM

But I do know this, X11 algorithm is more efficient in GPU. That might help in staking POS coins.

If there is no relation between POS and mining why you said "X11 algorithm is more efficient in GPU. That might help in staking POS coins. " HuhHuhHuhHuh?

What I meant was that X11 is more efficient in GPU when mining PoW coins. If it's efficient in PoW coins, then it might be in POS coins. It's just my opinion. I could be wrong. Therefore, it is advised to do a little research just in case  Wink

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
maokoto

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 02:24:30 AM

POS are not mined. You get some coins by faucets or trading /buying, then wait. Some require you have your wallet online always, some only when they are mature.

But the thing is that almost all those coins have no value, I mean, no one will use them ever for more than staking and trying to get more. So the only hope to earn from them is that someone wants to buy them after you.

You only get money if there is interest in the coin and people eager to buy it, and the interest is mostly to earn interest... so those coins tend to be empty of real value.

peligro

Activity: 593
Merit: 500

1NoBanksLuJPXf8Sc831fPqjrRpkQPKkEA

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 01:29:21 PM

It might be so with many coins but it's definitely not so with all. Many coins only stake when the wallet is online. And they don't mature at all.

POS-Coins are different each and one needs to learn about each one.

I believe there is a project called stakeminers on the forum. The admin takes the work from investors. It's like a fund.
alexodessa76

Activity: 91
Merit: 1

https://bounty.dropthebomb.io/invite/alex76

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2018, 01:31:46 PM

Hi! For POS mining, you should carefully study selected coin! Coinmarketcap.com to help you!  Smiley

NEIRONIX | SECURITY FROM CRYPTO & ICO SCAM
Token Sale starts on September 1
https://tokensale.neironix.io/
dhouse

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 03:42:04 PM

buy coins. send to wallet. open wallet, leave your computer on. VOILA! now you're rich from staking
2stout

Activity: 2380
Merit: 586

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 03:54:32 PM

POS doesn't require special hardware for mining as POW does.  You mine via staking, meaning you must obtain coins, put them in your wallet, and unlock your wallet for staking.  The more coins you have, the higher your weight which increases the likelihood you will generate coin.  Due your due diligence and research as there are many scam shitcoins out there.
Abiky
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 08:40:17 PM

POS doesn't require special hardware for mining as POW does.  You mine via staking, meaning you must obtain coins, put them in your wallet, and unlock your wallet for staking.  The more coins you have, the higher your weight which increases the likelihood you will generate coin.  Due your due diligence and research as there are many scam shitcoins out there.

Completely agree with you, mate. The Proof-of-Stake approach (or PoS) doesn't require any specialized hardware (unlike PoW), making it greatly accessible than PoW, for anyone to participate in securing the network. What's best of this is that your computer will consume less energy, than with PoW, making such consensus algorithm a friendly one to the environment. In crypto land, there exists many PoS coins each with their unique features and use cases. Since PoS doesn't require hardware, and nodes are always online, transactions settle much faster than PoW and fees are much cheaper.

While it's impossible to mine a PoS coin, you can virtually "earn interest" with the coins you hold on your wallet without ever touching them (just like a bank savings account). You would simply be investing in a specific coin, and hold your coins in a wallet, leaving your PC on always for greater chances of getting a reward.

As a recommendation, I'd suggest that it's best to start with PoS coins which are old and have low stake rates. Peercoin (or PPC) is a good example of this, as it's a PoS coin with a 1% annual interest rate (or stake rate). While the rates are low, it's often best for it to be that way, as it prevents massive inflation and devaluation within the cryptocurrency over time. On the other hand, PoS coins with huge stake rates, have a high inflation rate, and their value becomes affected over time. Most PoS coins which have huge stake rates, are often abandoned by their developers and community, making them worthless over time. Therefore, it's always best to make your own research before considering investing into any PoS cryptocurrency. Just my thoughts Grin

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 09:13:14 PM

There are allot of PoS coins that are trash and/or long abandoned. Of course the same thing can be said for many PoW coins.  In all cases, put the time and effort in to research the coin thoroughly before getting involved, whether that be mining or staking.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: