Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:42:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Get (pledge) out of New York!  (Read 978 times)
TKeenan (OP)

Activity: 874
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 03:01:35 PM
Last edit: August 10, 2015, 05:52:09 PM by TKeenan

Please add your name to the list if you can say:

I do hereby pledge not to conduct any bitcoin business within New York, with New York residents, nor with any business which does conduct such business.  I will not pay an outrageous fee to join a government register which does nothing more than impose restrictive limits on my cryptocurrency activities in the name of government oversight.  I hereby reject the BitLicense and all governments who bring such things.

Sign here:
  • Tkeenan
  • Kazimir
  • redhawk
  • jeannemadrigal2
  • kingcolex

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Kazimir
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 03:10:19 PM

• Kazimir

Fuck you, government. You're supposed to work for us, not the other way round.

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob
redhawk979

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 05:22:17 PM

I look forward to more exchanges pulling a Mt Gox because they have no rules to follow about access or accounting.
jeannemadrigal2

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 05:31:44 PM

I look forward to more exchanges pulling a Mt Gox because they have no rules to follow about access or accounting.

There is smart regulation, and regulation designed by the banks to kill BTC.  Which do you think is the case in NY?
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 10:47:23 AM

Sign me up.

(p.s. the title could be more descriptive, I thought maybe this was a thread about lemony fresh furniture cleaner)

RawDog
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2015, 04:28:46 PM

Genesis Mining  - gone.  Another one bites the dust.  Pledge that.

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 08:23:31 PM

the government of the State of New York is not my government.  they are not going to "help" anyone except the large banks headquartered in New York.
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 08:34:59 PM

How about doing it the other way? How about a pledge to do as much business as possible with NY residents without revealing anything about it to anyone? Does anyone truly believe this little piece of regulation will change anything? It's totally unenforceable. BTC will keep on going, just like the thousands of homeless people who wander NY.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 09:56:29 PM

How about doing it the other way? How about a pledge to do as much business as possible with NY residents without revealing anything about it to anyone? Does anyone truly believe this little piece of regulation will change anything? It's totally unenforceable. BTC will keep on going, just like the thousands of homeless people who wander NY.
How about a Black List of companies that are sucking up to the NY regulatory guidelines?
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2015, 10:22:20 PM

OP: Why start a thread like this if you aren't even going to bother to maintain it?
OBAViJEST

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2015, 07:47:20 AM

What is this, a facebook spam chain?  Do people really think this would slap the goddamn government with a 'reality check'?  At least come up with something viable...
bitcollins85

Activity: 235

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 03:58:07 PM

It has become quite clear this BitLicense wasn't designed for anyone to be able to actually apply for. Each and every provision is crazier than the last one.
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 04:44:25 PM

It is bitcoin discussion, why this topic is in Politics? And yes, whoever created this idea of BitLicense should be hanged. Time will verify this, as NYC officials will cry that so many business startup are fleeing to other, less restrictive places. Bitlicense is nail to the coffin of Bitcoin industry in NYC. I read that only from over 20 new bitcoin initiatives only 3 or so, decided to stay in New York (Gemini I am looking at you).
Tusk

Activity: 444
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 05:02:14 PM

The 10 Most Ridiculous "Gotcha's" in the NY BitLicense Application

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=post;topic=1149268.0;num_replies=13

I love the last comment at the end of the article by SpottedMarleyAugust :-

Marshall SwattAugust 14, 2015 at 8:52 AM
As a company that submitted the BitLicense application, I think this article is extremely immature and disingenuous. So many ready vocal voices of criticism about regulation by people who seemingly have too little life experience to wisely judge the prudence of regulation and its merits. Seeing childish articles like this, along with numerous reddit posts of the same is an unfortunate sign of how much further the bitcoin industry has to go to mature. Bitcoin won't achieve mass adoption if children are running companies that handle people's money. I can't wait for bitcoin to move beyond this level of conversation.

SpottedMarleyAugust 14, 2015 at 9:03 AM
Sucks for you. Bitcoin doesn't need financial service companies. I say regulate them all to hell. We don't need them anymore. That was the old paradigm. All we need is software written by talented crypto-anarchists. In the meantime, do have fun being fucked like a real bank. When you're done, learn about Bitcoin.

The Big Apple is full of worms Cheesy

From the ashes rises the Phoenix. Viva the block chain, Viva BitCoin!
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 12:04:02 AM

How about a Black List of companies that are sucking up to the NY regulatory guidelines?

Not a bad idea. It would need regular updates though, but I guess we could start it here. Has any company got that licence yet?

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: