Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:34:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Please ban new account in "Speculation"  (Read 950 times)
bitasset (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 12:46:51 AM

some spammer always post some useless posts like this

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1149699.new#new

https://i.gyazo.com/59b36e6cd921db70cd961fb4471040b2.png

Please don't allow brand new accout to start a new thread.

Thanks
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitasset (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 12:55:16 AM

spammers just won't stop...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1149705.new#new

https://i.gyazo.com/159513b0b15db1af2146b79ef691dfc0.png
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 01:01:35 AM

Maybe instead of nuking these spammers, they should get actually banned so their units of evil will increase which will cause it to become more expensive for them to continue to troll/spam the forum.
Karpeles
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 01:20:33 AM

Maybe instead of nuking these spammers, they should get actually banned so their units of evil will increase which will cause it to become more expensive for them to continue to troll/spam the forum.

they are being banned for quite a while as far I know, but it haven't affected their ability to create new accounts and troll, despite the costs
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 01:23:56 AM

they are being banned for quite a while as far I know, but it haven't affected their ability to create new accounts and troll, despite the costs
No, they seem to be getting nuked, which is quicker, but AFAIK, does not affect their units of evil which means it does not increase their costs to create additional accounts.

For example look at KWsGL9(UID#544043), he is showing as being nuked on the modlog
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 01:27:46 AM

Nuking includes an IP ban, which does increase it. They are usually using unique, unbanned IP's the times I've looked.  

Patrol page is handy for newbie spammers. I usually have it open on another monitor with autorefresh going when I'm on.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 01:52:40 AM

Interesting. I assumed that nuking does not increase units of evil because moderators are allowed to do it (verses global mods for a "real" ban), and there seem to be enough newbies that make useless posts/get nuked enough times that I would think they would have run out of IP addresses by now.

I would think the spambots would use some kind of botnet to create accounts and post garbage.
Rude Boy

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 02:02:31 AM

What if, admin of this forum edit some lines of coding like in HF (HackForums.net). Because, in HF, new users until he/she made 50 posts, HF won't allow to post links and until he/she get +1 reputation, marketplace board will be forbidden for that user (means he/she cannot post on marketplace board).
Same like admin of this forum can do this?
Just some restrictions for newbies to Jr.Member, i.e., they cannot post on some boards so that we can reduce some spam posts like this. Isn't it?

~Rude Boy Kiss
btccashacc
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 02:04:47 AM

What if, admin of this forum edit some lines of coding like in HF (HackForums.net). Because, in HF, new users until he/she made 50 posts, HF won't allow to post links and until he/she get +1 reputation, marketplace board will be forbidden for that user (means he/she cannot post on marketplace board).
Just some restrictions for newbies to Jr.Member, i.e., they cannot post on some boards so that we can reduce some spam posts like this. Isn't it?

~Rude Boy Kiss

I agreed with you
may be newbie can't create new Thread before he rich to "jr. member"
lihuajkl
Legendary

Activity: 1596

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 02:16:24 AM

~Rude Boy Kiss

I agreed with you
Yes, it can at some extent avoid the spam or troll! But it will discourage the legit new members to come here to spread their valuable info or ideas!
btccashacc
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 02:18:28 AM

~Rude Boy Kiss

I agreed with you
Yes, it can at some extent avoid the spam or troll! But it will discourage the legit new members to come here to spread their valuable info or ideas!

so many spamer come to here
he create posting like need LOAN

i think better to do it
only Jr. member above can create new thread
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 06:16:52 AM

~Rude Boy Kiss

I agreed with you

^^This and this also won't prevent spammers in my opinion. It will just make their job a little bit harder. I mean there will be many people that will be selling junior members for some btc change and these spammers will spam again. These are people that have their agenda by themselves or by someone else and they will find a way to do it.
bitasset (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 04:55:37 PM

https://i.gyazo.com/ed85939cc9cd7c4b008753031811d6ba.png

Please BAN all the brand new accounts!!
Why moderator do nothing..
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2015, 05:00:19 PM

Please BAN all the brand new accounts!!
Why moderator do nothing..

#1 which rule do you think did they break?
#2 did you report the post?
#3 if you reported it, how long did you wait before you made this post?

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2015, 05:21:25 PM

Nuking includes an IP ban, which does increase it. They are usually using unique, unbanned IP's the times I've looked. 
How do you think they're getting ahold of infinite untarnished IPs? Is there a list of known spammy IPs that you could manually add some evil to?

bitasset (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 05:23:59 PM

https://i.gyazo.com/7cb5e43105fe66c0da2653eacbcaf2e2.png

lol
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 06:09:04 PM

just be patient and they will get nuked when a mod comes online. looks like not a single mod is online atm.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: