Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:01:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Paypal for BTC  (Read 548 times)
mrkubanftw (OP)

Activity: 382
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 03:54:34 AM

Hey guys, I will be periodically buying BTC via PayPal via 'friends and family' method as to avoid fees where possible. I typically do this in $50 or $100 and $250 increments and should be needing this at least once per day if not more often. Anyone interested I would be willing to escrow (prefer actually). Anyways send me PM's ladies and gents Smiley
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Yofun

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 01:24:25 PM

I have about $400 BTC in stock right now.

I do a 15% rate. Let me know if your interested.

I do have one requirement.

Your PP must be verifed.

mrkubanftw (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 01:46:13 PM

Your PP must be verifed.

Sorry 15% is too high. I am verified to the max though. Let me know if you are willing to do a lesser fee.
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 01:55:20 PM

Your PP must be verifed.

With the amount of bought and sold Paypal and Ebay "bundles", one has a hard time knowing who is legit and who is not.
Be careful with Paypal.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
Yofun

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 01:59:32 PM

Your PP must be verifed.

With the amount of bought and sold Paypal and Ebay "bundles", one has a hard time knowing who is legit and who is not.
Be careful with Paypal.
Yeah true. I would just request government ID and proof that he owns the email attached to the PP.
mrkubanftw (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 02:03:21 PM

Your PP must be verifed.

Be careful with Paypal.
Yeah true. I would just request government ID and proof that he owns the email attached to the PP.

Guys. Unless you have offers GTFO. So sick of off-top replies and thread bashing. Yes paypal is a risk. Its a sticky of this forum... so why do you feel the need to troll threads posting what should be known before you even CONSIDER trading?
mrkubanftw (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 02:05:34 PM

Your PP must be verifed.

Be careful with Paypal.

PS anyone who would actually show you a government ID is a goddamn moron. Just saying.
Yofun

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 02:20:52 PM

Your PP must be verifed.

Be careful with Paypal.

PS anyone who would actually show you a government ID is a goddamn moron. Just saying.

Eh? If they want to trade they will. Why hide behind a computer screen?
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 02:23:54 PM

Your PP must be verifed.

Be careful with Paypal.

Guys. Unless you have offers GTFO. So sick of off-top replies and thread bashing. Yes paypal is a risk. Its a sticky of this forum... so why do you feel the need to troll threads posting what should be known before you even CONSIDER trading?

There is no "thread bashing" or "trolling", rather a simple warning with a notorious payment method. Why so hostile? Got something to hide?

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
mrkubanftw (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 02:26:56 PM

Your PP must be verifed.

Be careful with Paypal.

Damage can be done with a government issue ID not to mention identity theft. Why would someone give that for a few $ in bitcoin... Exchanges offer such services with proof of ID and they certainly don't charge 15% above exchange rate. Hell they even let you do direct withdrawal from checking accounts.
mrkubanftw (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 02:27:41 PM

Your PP must be verifed.

Be careful with Paypal.

There is no "thread bashing" or "trolling", rather a simple warning with a notorious payment method. Why so hostile? Got something to hide?

Your "warning" is irrelevant.
Yofun

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 02:33:44 PM

Your PP must be verifed.

Be careful with Paypal.

Damage can be done with a government issue ID not to mention identity theft. Why would someone give that for a few $ in bitcoin... Exchanges offer such services with proof of ID and they certainly don't charge 15% above exchange rate. Hell they even let you do direct withdrawal from checking accounts.
Well government ID protects my ass when they decide to attempt a unauthorized charge back. That is if it's their account which I would be checking.
Identify theft isn't that simple either. I have given out my ID a few times.
mrkubanftw (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 02:36:33 PM

Your PP must be verifed.

Be careful with Paypal.

Well government ID protects my ass when they decide to attempt a unauthorized charge back. That is if it's their account which I would be checking.

I don't know who you think you are fooling. I sell BTC for paypal. Hence the thread. As such i know there's nothing you can do about a charge-back. Government ID or not. Trading BTC for paypal is against there terms of use. Even mention thats what the trade was for and they will suspend YOUR account and freeze all funds associated. Do some research before you get yourself too deep. 
Yofun

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 02:45:35 PM

Your PP must be verifed.

Be careful with Paypal.

I don't know who you think you are fooling. I sell BTC for paypal. Hence the thread. As such i know there's nothing you can do about a charge-back. Government ID or not. Trading BTC for paypal is against there terms of use. Even mention thats what the trade was for and they will suspend YOUR account and freeze all funds associated. Do some research before you get yourself too deep. 

Negative....I have done over $4k worth of exchanging on PP this year (2015) few days ago I had a $270 Charge back. Sent PP all the information I had related to the exchange. Screenshots, convo logs, and the blockchain TXID. Took me about a hour to sort all the info into a "letter"
Took them about 4 days but I won.
mrkubanftw (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 02:50:54 PM

Your PP must be verifed.

Be careful with Paypal.

Negative....I have done over $4k worth of exchanging on PP this year (2015) few days ago I had a $270 Charge back. Sent PP all the information I had related to the exchange. Screenshots, convo logs, and the blockchain TXID. Took me about a hour to sort all the info into a "letter"

You got lucky. I've had around $3,000 charged back on me that got pulled directly from my checking account. Proof of everything just the same.
Yofun

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 03:04:44 PM

Your PP must be verifed.

Be careful with Paypal.

You got lucky. I've had around $3,000 charged back on me that got pulled directly from my checking account. Proof of everything just the same.
Lucky? Nah it's not my first chargeback. I get them now and then. I have lost a few but I have won more than I actually lost. I know how to deal with PayPal. I call them up and everything.

I do a few checks before dealing and a few checks after dealing. And I have certain requirements.

I don't scam either.
mrkubanftw (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 03:09:25 PM

Your PP must be verifed.

Be careful with Paypal.

Lucky? Nah it's not my first chargeback. I get them now and then. I have lost a few but I have won more than I actually lost. I know how to deal with PayPal. I call them up and everything.

I do a few checks before dealing and a few checks after dealing. And I have certain requirements.

I don't scam either.

I'm missing where this constitutes requesting a government ID.
Yofun

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 03:45:52 PM

Your PP must be verifed.

Be careful with Paypal.

I don't scam either.

I'm missing where this constitutes requesting a government ID.
To check if it's actually their PP?

.....anyways considering how long this guy has been registered and he's not a newbie I would just require his PP to be verified and show proof he owns the email attached to it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: