Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 06:51:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why the Rise of Decentralized Media is the End of Censorship  (Read 425 times)
CT:Levi (OP)

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 01:13:39 PM

In the buzzing world of altcoins, blockchains, and crypto-startups, if you aren't decentralized these days, you're probably still considered a bit of a dinosaur. But in the world of electronic publishing, legacy opinion remains, that media should be submitted to a central authority, subjected to editorial policies and stored on servers in ever larger data-centres.
In Decentralized Space, Nobody Can Stop You from Screaming!
Read more: http://cointelegraph.com/news/115069/why-the-rise-of-decentralized-media-is-the-end-of-censorship
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 01:18:04 PM

That is good to hear. The Blockchain is the next big thing and the future. Banks are creating their own coins based on Blockchain technology (like Citicoin), Ethereum will be a platform for decentralized applications, and so on. The world is about to change.  Cheesy

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 01:41:32 PM

That is good to hear. The Blockchain is the next big thing and the future. Banks are creating their own coins based on Blockchain technology (like Citicoin), Ethereum will be a platform for decentralized applications, and so on. The world is about to change.  Cheesy
I think Maidsafe has a bigger shot at ending up as the be-all-end-all of decentralized application. Maidsafe aims at potentially replacing the entire internet. It's an entirely new decentralized internet. It's pretty mindblowing if you think about it. Ethereum could remain as something niche that just deals with complex smart contracts that for some reason Bitcoin can't do.
Abiky
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 01:44:21 PM

That is good to hear. The Blockchain is the next big thing and the future. Banks are creating their own coins based on Blockchain technology (like Citicoin), Ethereum will be a platform for decentralized applications, and so on. The world is about to change.  Cheesy
I think Maidsafe has a bigger shot at ending up as the be-all-end-all of decentralized application. Maidsafe aims at potentially replacing the entire internet. It's an entirely new decentralized internet. It's pretty mindblowing if you think about it. Ethereum could remain as something niche that just deals with complex smart contracts that for some reason Bitcoin can't do.

I've also heard about Maidsafe (and have some coins too) but I think that Maidsafe and Ethereum are the same thing? What is the difference? I heard that apps can be developed on the SAFE network too. I don't know. I'm very confused  Huh

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 02:12:53 PM

That is good to hear. The Blockchain is the next big thing and the future. Banks are creating their own coins based on Blockchain technology (like Citicoin), Ethereum will be a platform for decentralized applications, and so on. The world is about to change.  Cheesy

I've also heard about Maidsafe (and have some coins too) but I think that Maidsafe and Ethereum are the same thing? What is the difference? I heard that apps can be developed on the SAFE network too. I don't know. I'm very confused  Huh

There's a big difference. It's completely 2 different systems. You can find a lot of information on the safe forums. Namely:

Ethereum: uses a blockchain (just like Bitcoin) where people can do transactions. It added an extra feature where you can run scripts (little programs) on that same blockchain. They will provide apps for everyone to connect to the scripts and blockchain. Will be great for something like a decentralized crowdfunder.

Counterparty: uses the Bitcoin blockchain. Can be used to create new coins. Even coins that pay "dividends".

Maidsafe: uses no blockchain but creates consensus about who owns Safecoin without a timestamp. It also provides storage in the network for files and data like websites etc. People will be payed in Safecoin to provide resources. Just like Ethereum it will use apps. Think of the apps like in your Chrome-browser.

Abiky
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 02:17:31 PM

There's a big difference. It's completely 2 different systems. You can find a lot of information on the safe forums. Namely:

Ethereum: uses a blockchain (just like Bitcoin) where people can do transactions. It added an extra feature where you can run scripts (little programs) on that same blockchain. They will provide apps for everyone to connect to the scripts and blockchain. Will be great for something like a decentralized crowdfunder.

Counterparty: uses the Bitcoin blockchain. Can be used to create new coins. Even coins that pay "dividends".

Maidsafe: uses no blockchain but creates consensus about who owns Safecoin without a timestamp. It also provides storage in the network for files and data like websites etc. People will be payed in Safecoin to provide resources. Just like Ethereum it will use apps. Think of the apps like in your Chrome-browser.

In that case, I'd prefer Ethereum and Maidsafe. My most favorite is MaidSafe. Thanks for your reply  Cheesy

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: