Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:23:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Counter Announcement to The Bitcoin Foundation  (Read 3399 times)
IIOII
Legendary

Activity: 1153
Merit: 1012

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 05:16:06 PM

Maybe dumb is too harsh.  Maybe they are just too imaginative, and don't have any experience with organizations, or the governance structures they use.  Heh, I'm even nervous writing that, because I expect it to be quoted but not understood.  To be clear, all groups and organizations above the totally informal level have internal governance of some sort, it doesn't mean that they necessarily have or seek power over others.

Maybe - just maybe these dumb people you're referring to have had first hand experience with organizations and the quality of their ''internal governance of some sort'' ?

No, it does not mean ''that they necessarily have or seek power over others''. It is not necessary that they actively seek power over others for certain negative outcomes.

In addition I'd like to mention that the objections raised against TBF cover more aspects than this single point.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kjj
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1025

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 05:34:04 PM

In addition I'd like to mention that the objections raised against TBF cover more aspects than this single point.

Oh, I'm well aware of that.  I think I've read every single post on these boards regarding the foundation, including (I'm ashamed to admit) the ones from people that I have on my ignore list.  I didn't bother doing much more than laugh at the suggestions that the foundation would make the moon explode, or sterilize dissenters, but I read the posts.
Yes, that is humorous hyperbole, but with just about the right amount of insane to be representative, in my opinion.

The real danger is that the foundation will sputter and stall without getting much done, not that they will do too much, or do the wrong things.  I haven't seen even a single post about a meaningful threat that could possibly come from the foundation.  I've seen lots of handwaving, lots of vague insinuations, lots of paranoia.  Nothing else of note.

17Np17BSrpnHCZ2pgtiMNnhjnsWJ2TMqq8
I routinely ignore posters with paid advertising in their sigs.  You should too.
IIOII
Legendary

Activity: 1153
Merit: 1012

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 05:44:28 PM

Oh, I'm well aware of that.  I think I've read every single post on these boards regarding the foundation, including (I'm ashamed to admit) the ones from people that I have on my ignore list.  I didn't bother doing much more than laugh at the suggestions that the foundation would make the moon explode, or sterilize dissenters, but I read the posts.
Yes, that is humorous hyperbole, but with just about the right amount of insane to be representative, in my opinion.

The real danger is that the foundation will sputter and stall without getting much done, not that they will do too much, or do the wrong things.  I haven't seen even a single post about a meaningful threat that could possibly come from the foundation.  I've seen lots of handwaving, lots of vague insinuations, lots of paranoia.  Nothing else of note.

You're so right! Against TBF = handwaving, vague insinuations, paranoia. For TBF = enlightened.

Thanks for your time. Nothing more to say to you.
kjj
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1025

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 06:07:28 PM

You're so right! Against TBF = handwaving, vague insinuations, paranoia. For TBF = enlightened.

The guys wearing tinfoil hats never consider that everyone thinks they are crazy because they are crazy; it is always part of some grand scheme to suppress them.  You seem to be assuming that because I disagree with you, I'm working for "the man" and trying to stifle legitimate dissent.  I'm not, I just point out crazy when I see it.

See, unlike some people, I made my judgments of those posts based on the contents of the posts, not on their support of the foundation, or lack thereof.  If it makes you feel any better, most of the support for the foundation is vague too, but those guys aren't crapping up the forums.

I personally have not seen even one single post that was anti-foundation that wasn't full of nonsense (gox is going to pay Gavin to steal all of our coins!), or vague claims (someday, in the future, the foundation might be so big that it may do or say something that isn't good for the community).  If I missed one, please do point it out to me.

17Np17BSrpnHCZ2pgtiMNnhjnsWJ2TMqq8
I routinely ignore posters with paid advertising in their sigs.  You should too.
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 11:09:12 PM

The guys wearing tinfoil hats never consider that everyone thinks they are crazy because they are crazy; it is always part of some grand scheme to suppress them.  You seem to be assuming that because I disagree with you, I'm working for "the man" and trying to stifle legitimate dissent.  I'm not, I just point out crazy when I see it.

See, unlike some people, I made my judgments of those posts based on the contents of the posts, not on their support of the foundation, or lack thereof.  If it makes you feel any better, most of the support for the foundation is vague too, but those guys aren't crapping up the forums.

I personally have not seen even one single post that was anti-foundation that wasn't full of nonsense (gox is going to pay Gavin to steal all of our coins!), or vague claims (someday, in the future, the foundation might be so big that it may do or say something that isn't good for the community).  If I missed one, please do point it out to me.

You make it sound as if people who use past events (historical evidence) as a guide for future outcomes are quacks?

Of the 6000 years of documented history that is backed by archaeological evidence, shows that human nature has changed very little at its core.

Greed & Fear
Death & Tax's
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: