Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:31:01 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do we have IP bans?  (Read 1685 times)
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 2339

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 02:37:35 PM

Nlc seems to be doing what he's doing in protest at moderation. From what he said recently he wants his main account unbanned and then he'll stop and people can just ignore him if they don't like what he says. Blackmail isn't going to work though but he obviously wants to give it a good go and hope we just relent and give him what he wants.
What exactly was he banned for? I don't remember any instances of him making a bunch of shit posts, nor of him causing any real kind of trouble, although it is possible that he would frequent different sections then that I frequent.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 02:44:27 PM

What exactly was he banned for?

Stepping on wrong toes.
So you are NotLambChop?
rebuilder (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1615
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 09:28:33 PM

What exactly was he banned for? I don't remember any instances of him making a bunch of shit posts, nor of him causing any real kind of trouble, although it is possible that he would frequent different sections then that I frequent.

I'm guessing it had to do with how NLC is a textbook troll, pretty much solely posting to get a rise out of people. I guess by the time he moved on to calling people pedophiles etc. even the moderators' patience wore too thin. I'm not sure he was actually banned before the spam epidemic started, it was my impression he caught on to being ignored by so many people and started farming alts. Maybe someone who kept better track of things can comment on that.

Selling out to advertisers shows you respect neither yourself nor the rest of us.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Too many low-quality posts? Mods not keeping things clean enough? Self-moderated threads let you keep signature spammers and trolls out!
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1128

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2015, 01:47:01 AM

From what he said recently he wants his main account unbanned and then he'll stop and people can just ignore him if they don't like what he says.

Has it explicitly stated that?

If that is the case then why put up with an avalanche of shit when it can be imprisoned in its original account? Not that I believe it'll stop doing that.

It's not a big deal, it's literally a single button press to ban and delete all the posts. Doesn't really register as an actual concern. Grow some thicker skin would be my advice.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 04:01:54 AM

I'm guessing it had to do with how NLC is a textbook troll, pretty much solely posting to get a rise out of people. I guess by the time he moved on to calling people pedophiles etc. even the moderators' patience wore too thin. I'm not sure he was actually banned before the spam epidemic started, it was my impression he caught on to being ignored by so many people and started farming alts. Maybe someone who kept better track of things can comment on that.
Hmmm, well I guess the reason I have never had any issue with him is because I don't frequent the subs that he seems to frequent.

Despite my interest in economics, I tend to avoid the economics (and speculation) sub because it is my understanding that they have a lot of trolls and spammy shit posts (maybe this is actually NLC - ironically).
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: