Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:06:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Stay away from Igot!  (Read 581 times)
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 04:08:01 PM

Dont use that service.

https://de.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3gjzcm/scammed_by_igot_owed_usd16k_for_more_than_100/

Use services like

Coinbase, Kraken, Bitstamp, Xapo, Circle, Itbit

and you are fine.

dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1353

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 05:39:18 PM

Haven't heard of that service yet, but it seems that they scammed too many users now as of this moment. There are also hints from the previous users that they are a ponzi scheme because of the progressively delayed withdrawals.
techgeek

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 05:49:44 PM

16k of funding is some serious damage work.

It sucks to see events like this happen. But then again if services like coinbase is already out there and known that person could of avoided a tragic event like this one.

dothebeats
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 06:00:06 PM

16k of funding is some serious damage work.

It sucks to see events like this happen. But then again if services like coinbase is already out there and known that person could of avoided a tragic event like this one.

Most of this events happened because people think that they could get better prices off at exchanges that aren't widely known, when in reality they will end up losing more. It's better to pay some fees than to get screwed up in the end. Too bad for the man, he received a very, very big loss.
ikydesu

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 06:41:20 PM

This site right? https://www.igot.com/ *sorry i can't open reddit, because my internet provider Roll Eyes*
And i open the site, they said:

Oh boy...this is awkward!
The link you followed may be broken, or the page may have been removed.
dothebeats
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 06:58:44 PM

This site right? https://www.igot.com/ *sorry i can't open reddit, because my internet provider Roll Eyes*

Seems to be fine on my end. Maybe because of your isp too. Tongue

lissandra

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 10:02:47 PM

Seems to be fine on my end. Maybe because of your isp too. Tongue

Those pictures reminds me of how "user friendly" they try to be.. but in the end the picture really stands for laughing at the suckers who they scammed.

Its a shame though almost every new btc service ends up being a scam, and hard to see which ones are legit. I mean they could of started small and grow eventually instead of scamming 16k..

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 10:15:09 PM

Those pictures reminds me of how "user friendly" they try to be.. but in the end the picture really stands for laughing at the suckers who they scammed.

Its a shame though almost every new btc service ends up being a scam, and hard to see which ones are legit. I mean they could of started small and grow eventually instead of scamming 16k..

It makes me sad for the ones who got scammed.   Yes they should have researched and not trusted new service.   But still not really a good laugh.

Everyone should stick with exchanges they know.    It's really based on your country on which one works good for you.   But go with a good one that has a very long history with lots of good feedback.
dothebeats
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 11:36:16 PM

It makes me sad for the ones who got scammed.   Yes they should have researched and not trusted new service.   But still not really a good laugh.

Everyone should stick with exchanges they know.    It's really based on your country on which one works good for you.   But go with a good one that has a very long history with lots of good feedback.

Agreed, just like what the LitecoinGuy pointed out, people should've stayed on using already established services. Paying extra fees for a smooth and safe transaction is better than losing all in the end.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: