Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 12:45:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Presenting the Bitcoin Watchdog Wiki  (Read 1777 times)
Atlas (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 03:41:12 AM

http://bitcoinwatchdog.wikia.com/wiki/Gavin_Andresen

I will be cataloguing potential threats (higher powers) to Bitcoin in this wikispace. Feel free to join along.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Severian

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 03:48:21 AM

What did you worry about before Bitcoin came into existence?

That's a rhetorical question, btw.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2012, 03:51:04 AM

This is going to end well.....

squid

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 03:54:24 AM

For some reason I feel like Atlas may not be the most sensible person to run this type of thing...
teflone

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 04:55:02 AM

You are some tool Atlas...   god save us from you....

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
capn noe

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 05:40:18 AM
Last edit: October 03, 2012, 06:15:25 AM by capn noe

Gavin and the EFF are your first and biggest hurdles for Bitcoin.

Great job Atlas. Are you going to make a page for all related government agencies (SEC, IRC, Interpol, etc) or will you post a page for each of them?

edit: Hey Atlas, I can roll you a wiki of your own if you'd like.
Atlas (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 05:43:02 AM

I will in good time. For now, I am going to work on some papers for school.

Anyways, everybody is free to add a page.
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 06:05:46 AM

You should add this "Atlas" guy, since apparently he is trying to centralize information about people potentially harmful to Bitcoin.

Bitware

Activity: 926
Merit: 1001

weaving spiders come not here

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 06:30:14 AM
Last edit: October 03, 2012, 09:16:59 AM by Bitware

Sure, sure, sure... we all know Atlas, but lets humor him and try to think critically and sensibly and simply discount his claims 100% then, shall we? I tried ... and I failed. I could not disprove anything he said about Gavin and most evidence points to what he posted as being true.

Look, I think Atlas is a douche too, and I kinda-sorta trust Gavin and those folk on the foundation, but lets us not forget what some very serious and important forum hierarchy people have done in their criminality and scamming.

You have to assume everyone has a sell-out price.  

NO ONE EVER should have ANY central control whatsoever in bitcoin, and certainly there should be no central figures or authorities or even central representation.

Jesus the man [Gavin] doesnt even believe in sane, open, and transparent exploit notification. He wants it hidden from public scrutiny so customers cant know the ineptitude of who they trust and hire. (Sorry Gavin, not trying to flame you, and I am genuinely appreciative of your bitcoin volunteerism, but who are we kidding. Bitcoins has already made you rich, and now you want paid who knows how much).

Bitcoin stands strong on its own. Bitcoins can not be FORCED onto the world as the foundation plans for their profits from it. Bitcoin Needs no hierarchy. It must grow naturally as it has been exponentially growing since its inception. In a little over 2 years, the bitcoin has seen a growth of 25,500 percent. Yes, I said Twenty Five Thousand Five Hundred percent.

What we are doing here is important. World changing. We are making history.

Let us not repeat the mistakes made in the past that has gotten our families, homes, communities, nations, governments, and the economy in its current state through 3rd party intervention, interloping, or manipulation of any kind.

These are dangerous dark waters we are treading in friends. Tread carefully.

Bitcoin teaches us to trust no one when it comes to bitcoins.

Bitcoin teaches us to question everything without community approval and conformation.

Regardless of the way you feel about Atlas, remember the core principles of bitcoins and ask yourself if Gavin, The Board, and the Bitcoin Foundation truly represent them.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 07:12:34 AM

edit: Hey Atlas, I can roll you a wiki of your own if you'd like.

An Encyclopedia Dramatica entry would be more appropriate for Atlas.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 09:18:17 AM

For those who missed the Cosbyfication of Bitcoin Watchdog Wiki.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
The_Duke

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Lead Core BitKitty Developer

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 10:54:05 AM

Sure, sure, sure... we all know Atlas, but lets humor him and try to think critically and sensibly and simply discount his claims 100% then, shall we? I tried ... and I failed. I could not disprove anything he said about Gavin and most evidence points to what he posted as being true.

Look, I think Atlas is a douche too, and I kinda-sorta trust Gavin and those folk on the foundation, but lets us not forget what some very serious and important forum hierarchy people have done in their criminality and scamming.

You have to assume everyone has a sell-out price.  

NO ONE EVER should have ANY central control whatsoever in bitcoin, and certainly there should be no central figures or authorities or even central representation.

Jesus the man [Gavin] doesnt even believe in sane, open, and transparent exploit notification. He wants it hidden from public scrutiny so customers cant know the ineptitude of who they trust and hire. (Sorry Gavin, not trying to flame you, and I am genuinely appreciative of your bitcoin volunteerism, but who are we kidding. Bitcoins has already made you rich, and now you want paid who knows how much).

Bitcoin stands strong on its own. Bitcoins can not be FORCED onto the world as the foundation plans for their profits from it. Bitcoin Needs no hierarchy. It must grow naturally as it has been exponentially growing since its inception. In a little over 2 years, the bitcoin has seen a growth of 25,500 percent. Yes, I said Twenty Five Thousand Five Hundred percent.

What we are doing here is important. World changing. We are making history.

Let us not repeat the mistakes made in the past that has gotten our families, homes, communities, nations, governments, and the economy in its current state through 3rd party intervention, interloping, or manipulation of any kind.

These are dangerous dark waters we are treading in friends. Tread carefully.

Bitcoin teaches us to trust no one when it comes to bitcoins.

Bitcoin teaches us to question everything without community approval and conformation.

Regardless of the way you feel about Atlas, remember the core principles of bitcoins and ask yourself if Gavin, The Board, and the Bitcoin Foundation truly represent them.

+1

NOT a member of the so called ''Bitcoin Foundation''. Choose Independence!

Donate to the BitKitty Foundation instead! -> 1Fd4yLneGmxRHnPi6WCMC2hAMzaWvDePF9 <-
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: