Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:08:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Satoshi Nakamoto Comes Back To Clear Blocksize Debate...  (Read 2681 times)
BTC_ISTANBUL

Activity: 331
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 08:04:42 AM

Satoshi and Variety has many common charachteristics. However, Satoshi is a genius helped by a team of highly qualified man. There are many analysis to find out who really is.

For me, it is not important who is Satoshi.Satoshi wants to establish a mechanism which is self sufficient. Thecnical issues can be discussed and changes are the Tao of the life.There will be a change if it is inevitable.Let it flow.Let it find its soal, Tao is the way of water.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
everaja

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

~ScapeGoat~

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 08:10:40 AM

Block debate will always be there and i think the statistics are 60-40 , and may be Satoshi is the one who run this forum..
I pretend to say this because recently made reddit warning was much likely same as the debate reply from satoshi's account.
I guess Both are interlinked to each other.

BTC_ISTANBUL

Activity: 331
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 09:32:26 AM

http://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-dev/2015-August/010238.html

" I have been following the recent block size debates through the mailing list.  I had hoped the debate would resolve and that a fork proposal would achieve widespread consensus.  However with the formal release of Bitcoin XT 0.11A, this looks unlikely to happen, and so I am forced to share my concerns about this very dangerous fork.

The developers of this pretender-Bitcoin claim to be following my original vision, but nothing could be further from the truth.  When I designed Bitcoin, I designed it in such a way as to make future modifications to the consensus rules difficult without near unanimous agreement.  Bitcoin was designed to be protected from the influence of charismatic leaders, even if their name is Gavin Andresen, Barack Obama, or Satoshi Nakamoto.  Nearly everyone has to agree on a change, and they have to do it without being forced or pressured into it.  By doing a fork in this way, these developers are violating the "original vision" they claim to honour.

They use my old writings to make claims about what Bitcoin was supposed to be.  However I acknowledge that a lot has changed since that time, and new knowledge has been gained that contradicts some of my early opinions.  For example I didn't anticipate pooled mining and its effects on the security of the network.  Making Bitcoin a competitive monetary system while also preserving its security properties is not a trivial problem, and we should take more time to come up with a robust solution.  I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism.

If two developers can fork Bitcoin and succeed in redefining what "Bitcoin" is, in the face of widespread technical criticism and through the use of populist tactics, then I will have no choice but to declare Bitcoin a failed project.  Bitcoin was meant to be both technically and socially robust.  This present situation has been very disappointing to watch unfold.

Satoshi Nakamoto "
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 10:37:01 AM

Called it! Tongue

it's fake, and satoshi didn't sign any msg ever, so there is no way anymore to know if it can be him or not

i think he was to completely remain anonymous

besides this i think that satoshi would be in favor for bigger block because the original core has not any cap, he was planning to improve ddos defence but he ended up making the 1mb limit as a quick precaution
Digit-0

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

in the end, you only find the beginning

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 10:47:48 AM

it's fake, and satoshi didn't sign any msg ever, so there is no way anymore to know if it can be him or not

besides this i think that satoshi would be in favor for bigger block because the original core has not any cap, he was planning to improve ddos defence but he ended up making the 1mb limit as a quick precaution

exactly, i cant beleive why people want to discuss it again and again, guys the message was not sign, end of history.

Somedays i wish that he never left, so he can fix all those problems from the core dev team, is sad, because we should not have problems from the core dev team...
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 02:02:09 PM

Called it! Tongue

Satoshi would never be in favor of a contentious hard fork supported by only two devs, one of them very eager to bend to state agencies (Gavin) and the other pushing for blacklisting and anti-Tor policy (Hearn).

All other bitcoin experts, including Nick Szabo who is the most likely candidate to be Satoshi (up to +80% probability if you do a thorough, rational and objective analysis of both their works and their writing style), favour a more gradual block size increase among other things because increasing the block size x8 is a huge security risk.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: