Bitcoin Forum
July 10, 2024, 08:19:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 4.2 BTC for $55 (I know everyone hates it....)  (Read 653 times)
skydive19 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 04:31:30 AM

I need 4.2 BTC, and because of all the wait a few days to be verified crap (Currently waiting for 30 days via Dwolla), I'd much rather go with Paypal as of now. I can't really wait the 30 days. I'll do a cash deposit via bitinstant if I must, but this would be 100x more convenient. Who can do it?
mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 04:39:09 AM

Yeah, nobody is going to sell you BTC for your PP. Go with Bitinstant.

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
anexsia

Activity: 52

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 05:04:02 AM

I need 4.2 BTC, and because of all the wait a few days to be verified crap (Currently waiting for 30 days via Dwolla), I'd much rather go with Paypal as of now. I can't really wait the 30 days. I'll do a cash deposit via bitinstant if I must, but this would be 100x more convenient. Who can do it?

You can probably find someone that will do it in the Currency Exchange section, I've bought BTC with PP off members there several times but you'll have to provide lots of information about yourself and expect to pay a premium (Last Mt. Gox rate was around $12.87 so not sure if you'll be able to get 4.2 for $55 without a premium). You could also try Virwox or Ebay but those places will also charge a high rate but that's the price of doing business with Paypal.

Bitinstant is a great way to go, after doing a couple PP trades here I tried doing a bank deposit using Bitinstant and it was extremely easy and I had my bitcoins already in my wallet within 10 minutes of doing he deposit.
skydive19 (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 05:10:04 AM

okay sounds like bitinstant is a lot more convenient than i realized. thanks for the info!
louisBSAS

Activity: 623
Merit: 11

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
October 25, 2012, 05:33:02 PM

I waited 45+ days before I was able to do my first BTC buy via Bitinstant.

Anyone know how to see what rate they will give you U$D/BTC?

The only chart on Bitinstant is how much U$D you will get after fees.  It doesn't seem to match with MtGox or any other exchange.

1st buy I got BTC at 12.00usd to 1btc

Then the price of BTC on MtGox went down 0.20

2nd buy I got BTC at 12.00usd to 1btc

Is there any way to tell what the transaction will look like before you make it?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: