Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 10:25:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This is how 0.037 Bitcoins looks like in Venezuela  (Read 31726 times)
kpitti
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 01:41:13 PM

If one could live well on $100 at a place like Venezuela, then I would definitely like to visit there as my earnings are definitely more than what they are getting in actual wages...
The cost of living is connected directly to the standard of living. It`s not easy to go down, at least I will not like that. As someone mentioned there is not safe and people who has more money needs to put more in security.

Good OP, hope to see Bitcoins used there completely and get $$$ vanished from there...
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 03:06:32 PM

If one could live well on $100 at a place like Venezuela, then I would definitely like to visit there as my earnings are definitely more than what they are getting in actual wages...
The cost of living is connected directly to the standard of living. It`s not easy to go down, at least I will not like that. As someone mentioned there is not safe and people who has more money needs to put more in security.

Good OP, hope to see Bitcoins used there completely and get $$$ vanished from there...

Actually most people that have money in Venezuela end up leaving the country because what's the point of living there if you can leave? The murder rate is the highest in the world, poverty is rampant, there are lines of people waiting for basic needs like milk, eggs and toilet paper, it's pretty insane. If I had money, I would just leave.
max17

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 03:21:52 PM

in venezuela  is hard to live ... but is one of the best place on earth to mine bitcoin
so that is why i desided to set up a bit farm
NETFix

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 03:28:27 PM

Still 0.037 is half the minimum wage? then people trying to earn money online might be pretty profitable for people there.
Also that's allot of paper...
troleybüs
Legendary

Activity: 1424
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 03:51:45 PM

This is why Venezuela will be the first country to adopt a virtual currency.

0.037 Bitcoins o almost 12 Us$

It loos like a lot of money, but is the equivalent to half of the monthly minimum wage

Seriously is minimum wage 24$ in Venezuela? That's lower than China and even African communities. It's not even 1$ per day. I know inequality is serious in the world but I can't believe the range is so far.
I wonder if anybody here is from Venezuela. They can earn 10x minimum wage even from the worst signature campaign. Cheesy
Blind Legs Parker

Activity: 2002
Merit: 721

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 03:52:22 PM

Still 0.037 is half the minimum wage? then people trying to earn money online might be pretty profitable for people there.
So that's where all the Amazon rainforest goes...

I wouldn't go to Venezuela, anyway, after what I've heard. Being a millionaire is cool, but living like one without risking to get stabbed every second that passes is cooler, IMO. I'd rather stay poor in a safe country, really.

Vous pouvez maintenant refermer ce topic et reprendre une activité normale. À ciao bonsoir.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 05:14:04 PM

This is why Venezuela will be the first country to adopt a virtual currency.

0.037 Bitcoins o almost 12 Us$

It loos like a lot of money, but is the equivalent to half of the monthly minimum wage

Seriously is minimum wage 24$ in Venezuela? That's lower than China and even African communities. It's not even 1$ per day. I know inequality is serious in the world but I can't believe the range is so far.
I wonder if anybody here is from Venezuela. They can earn 10x minimum wage even from the worst signature campaign. Cheesy

They can work very hard for a very low amount as $24 there, or they can join a signature campaign that makes them around $100 per month easily without much effort. The choice would be easy, right?
max17

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 05:45:05 PM

Could someone tell me more info about electricity rate in Venezuela? in us $ please.

we have a mine with 30 s7 and the bill for energy is like 12$ per month
is  like free  this the mean reason to start mining here  Wink
max17

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 05:51:46 PM

I am still looking to purchase a large amount of these bills at the black market rates if anyone is able to get ahold of them and ship them to the states.  There would be a nice payment to the person able to procure these for their efforts.

i could try, but most of the couriers here wont let me send those amount of bills, or i guess i can figure how, anyway, i can find any amount of any type of banknotes, (bsf 2, 5 and 10 the lowest)il will send you a pm

the crime is related to the area.i live 12 hours far away from Caracas, the center. The crime is more prevalent in the big cities, like Valencia, Maracay and Caracas.

Here is a relative safe place to live, i mean, the only bad this that happened our family has been one time my dad car got stolen while he was waiting for the door to open and other car that got stolen while a worker was driving but the police recovered the car thanks to the gps.

we are mining since middle of this year and we have never seen a electricity bill so i could say its free for us Cheesy    i spend the most of the time inside my house while getting btc from our small family farm
the  idea of mining in venezuela is one of the best oportuinies here , i already have a small farm with 30 s7 and have some aod security metod like alarms  and video cam to keep the mine safe , and is ana anominus place
bearex

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 05:57:47 PM

What the hell? So you could just live off bitcoin signature campaigns?Cheesy
max17

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 06:02:24 PM

the minimun salary is like 12.000 bsf but with the black marquet $  is 800bsf x $  so the minimun salary is 15$
Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1030

give me your cryptos

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 10:30:06 PM

The inflation is reel in Venezuela.

What the hell? So you could just live off bitcoin signature campaigns?Cheesy

It certainly looks like alot, but in reailty it's like, $30. Many notes does not mean many monies. It depends on the note's value, and in some cases, a multiple-dollar note might be worth a few cents. Just like Venezuela's case.

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
jakelyson
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 11:37:16 AM

Could someone tell me more info about electricity rate in Venezuela? in us $ please.

How is it that the value of your money is so little yet your electricity bill is too cheap? I thought it would be higher because purchasing power is too low. What is the source of energy in Venezuela?
max17

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 12:22:35 PM

How is it that the value of your money is so little yet your electricity bill is too cheap? I thought it would be higher because purchasing power is too low. What is the source of energy in Venezuela?
electricity come from big hidroelectric and termoelecrtic plants   , venezuela have  alot of oil and that way the gurvement suplay almost free energy to the people )other way will be to expensive for the workers to pay
jakelyson
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 01:05:37 PM

electricity come from big hidroelectric and termoelecrtic plants   , venezuela have  alot of oil and that way the gurvement suplay almost free energy to the people )other way will be to expensive for the workers to pay

Oh I see, so you can really max the benefits in mining then unlike in our country which rely heavily on imported fossil fuel for energy. Our electricity is very costly. Mining plus exchange from dollars to your local money, you'll rake tons of money.
zodiac3011

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 01:52:37 PM

Holy cow... That's a freaking lot of money! Well... I agree Venezuela should adopt virtual currency because that's too much for $12. In my country, $12 is equivalent to 3 piece of paper money Grin (we are talking about quantities LOL )
troleybüs
Legendary

Activity: 1424
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 03:33:26 PM

I wonder how much cars and houses cost there. I also wonder exported clothings, food, electronic goods etc. cost there. We have 35$ air tax for cell phones for example, they can't even afford that. But if they have a decent internet connection they make fortune from internet.
a7mos

Activity: 574

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 08:12:01 PM

the minimun salary is like 12.000 bsf but with the black marquet $  is 800bsf x $  so the minimun salary is 15$
can you tell me what is bsf ? as i googled for the venezuela currency and i found its abbreviation is VEF and one dollar equals 6.35 VEF only !
defaultking

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 08:49:28 PM

This is why I think it won't be somewhere like China, England, USA, Germany, etc. will be where bitcoin takes off. I think it will be in countries whose economies are starting to take off and whose currency/banking system is crap. If google ever succeeds in bringing the internet to everyone (I think they have some project where they are trying to make this possible?) just think of the possibilities that will continue to explode online. I look forward to seeing 20 years from now how bitcoin and other digital currencies change the world we live in and give possibilities to people like never before.
Sourgummies

Activity: 728

Never ending parties are what Im into.

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 02:12:56 AM

Actually most people that have money in Venezuela end up leaving the country because what's the point of living there if you can leave? The murder rate is the highest in the world, poverty is rampant, there are lines of people waiting for basic needs like milk, eggs and toilet paper, it's pretty insane. If I had money, I would just leave.

This is true, but you have to remember that people DON'T have money. And also if you were living there you probably won't be able to get enough money to leave and have a sustainable career. You're pretty much screwed.

The rich wouldn't be there anyway, right? Unless they had huge amounts of protection and lots of people hired by them, of course.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: