Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:06:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitFury has the No. 1 Crown for Now...  (Read 11194 times)
Funny

Activity: 343
Merit: 250

Bonus Claim Url: http://betonline.wager.bz

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2015, 01:11:35 AM

Wow... That's a really close battle between the top 3.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Juhagic

Activity: 357
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 08:17:26 AM

Both Bitfury and Bitmain are producing high efficiency miners. A lot of them are used by themselves. So the race will be on for some more time.
kyrios_

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 09:03:12 AM

Both Bitfury and Bitmain are producing high efficiency miners. A lot of them are used by themselves. So the race will be on for some more time.

we need more compaction in this area. home mining must increae
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 09:21:46 AM

Maybe.  They have 6 months to make some money off of it before the halving.  Halving is coming.

The usable life of a miner is just 6 months. If you cannot ROI within 6 months, you will never. So They should have planned for that.

What you talkin' about Willis?  I got S3s that have been going nonstop for over 16 months and will continue well past the halving.

And I'm sure lots of college kiddos "leeching" free power for 4 years at a time.  For me mining ROI is a secondary consideration - my main concern is keeping the network distributed.
Doamader

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 07:38:04 AM

Maybe.  They have 6 months to make some money off of it before the halving.  Halving is coming.

The usable life of a miner is just 6 months. If you cannot ROI within 6 months, you will never. So They should have planned for that.

What you talkin' about Willis?  I got S3s that have been going nonstop for over 16 months and will continue well past the halving.

And I'm sure lots of college kiddos "leeching" free power for 4 years at a time.  For me mining ROI is a secondary consideration - my main concern is keeping the network distributed.

I know your first consideration is the free power. Without free power, there is no way you will ROI and continue mining with S3.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 07:41:00 AM
Last edit: January 02, 2016, 07:52:44 AM by Amph

Maybe.  They have 6 months to make some money off of it before the halving.  Halving is coming.

What you talkin' about Willis?  I got S3s that have been going nonstop for over 16 months and will continue well past the halving.

And I'm sure lots of college kiddos "leeching" free power for 4 years at a time.  For me mining ROI is a secondary consideration - my main concern is keeping the network distributed.

this isn't something that a single user can do you know, so i'm not user how useful is to do it, unless you have a very large base of friends

but is not better to sustain the network with at least the possibility to avoid losing money? s3 is ancient and also have a low hashrate, so the distribution in this case is not even good
kyrios_

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 08:16:29 AM

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills.

I am trained in guerilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words.

You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands.

Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue.

But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it.

You’re fucking dead, KnCMiner 
details here
https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=28005.0

You're not going to get anything good from posting here. Honestly you expect us to believe that US Marine Corps have nothing better to do then hunt down people who scammed you lol. Sorry i know I shouldnt even reply to this attention seeking post but srsly whud. Gotta admit some taught gone into writing the above post. Some albeit not alot
Raswild

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 10:46:55 AM

Maybe.  They have 6 months to make some money off of it before the halving.  Halving is coming.

What you talkin' about Willis?  I got S3s that have been going nonstop for over 16 months and will continue well past the halving.

And I'm sure lots of college kiddos "leeching" free power for 4 years at a time.  For me mining ROI is a secondary consideration - my main concern is keeping the network distributed.

this isn't something that a single user can do you know, so i'm not user how useful is to do it, unless you have a very large base of friends

but is not better to sustain the network with at least the possibility to avoid losing money? s3 is ancient and also have a low hashrate, so the distribution in this case is not even good

Mine will concentrate on the cheap electricity places. The US dollar has appreciate against other currencies, so there will be fewer mining operations there.
maokoto

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2016, 03:39:54 PM

Remember bitfury because they were partners of bit-x, if I am not wrong. Would love to see the cloud mining service working again, it was good for me.

Anyone here uses bitfury miners?

Catlonid

Activity: 190

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 10:15:12 AM

Bitfury also supports the 2MB block size. So it is good for the bitcoin network.
Tascon

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 12:25:03 PM

If your electricity price is over $0.25/kWh, You will not mine profitably after the halving. The only motivation to mine to keep the network distributed.
nichu

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 12:34:17 PM

and the halving is bad why ?. if bitcoins keep going up how they are the halving will have no effect at all the only thing i see bad is 12.5 less coins per block and higher difficulty, i don't see that as bad unless the chip makers try to shut out everyone and  mine for them self, which is possible, but some one will come a long and stop that unless the laws of the land stop home miners or make it to hard to do it in your home, by law.

I don't think they ever planned to do it. The article says that they "announced mass-production of its full-custom design 16nm Application Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC) Chip". But even if they were so "evil" that they only mine for themselves with the chip, I bet someone else would develop a similar chip or would just pirate this one. )

as a business unit they would diversify their business ,rather than developing the machines just to mine for themselves they will be earning a good profit selling the machines .
Eric Mu

Activity: 471
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 04:24:26 AM

That huge! Just sad that they do not make gear for home mining!  Tongue

Source: http://bitfury.com/products#16nm-asic
Doamader

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 11:58:42 AM

That huge! Just sad that they do not make gear for home mining!  Tongue

Source: http://bitfury.com/products#16nm-asic

If the miner is made according to the 0.1J/GH specification, that is 150% more efficient than the S7. It will dominate the market.
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 09:22:28 AM

If your electricity price is over $0.25/kWh, You will not mine profitably after the halving. The only motivation to mine to keep the network distributed.

I don't think anybody can mine profitably at present with $0.25/kwh  Shocked.  I am paying $4k/month to lease an office that I use less than 50% of the business days, just trying to recoup a little bit of the rent with the "free" electricity while supporting the network.
Raswild

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 10:49:31 AM

I don't think anybody can mine profitably at present with $0.25/kwh  Shocked.  I am paying $4k/month to lease an office that I use less than 50% of the business days, just trying to recoup a little bit of the rent with the "free" electricity while supporting the network.

You need quite a few S7 to consume the $4k/month electricity cost. Will the landlord know the difference to the power bill?
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 07:32:16 AM

You need quite a few S7 to consume the $4k/month electricity cost. Will the landlord know the difference to the power bill?

you need a massive farm for that, because one s7 consume only $45 at 0.05 electricity and less at lower electricity of course, soem farms use even a lower electricity

so we are talking about a 500 tera farm already
Monnt
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 09:06:16 PM

I'm not trying to sound doom and gloom...

But, could this be the beginning of the end for home miners?

I've always believed that Bitmain uses their technology for awhile, before making it available to public.

At some point advanced machines won't be affordable to the public.

Mining has been a small yet fun and affordable hobby for me -- and I hope that it will continue...

SmileySmileySmiley

I don't see why you're realising that home mining is dead now. It was dead as soon as the first ASIC came out. AFAIK bitfury is a private mining company, not a pool. They probably have a huge-ass mining rig in the middle of nowhere.
kyrios_

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 03:39:07 PM

I'm not trying to sound doom and gloom...

But, could this be the beginning of the end for home miners?

I've always believed that Bitmain uses their technology for awhile, before making it available to public.

At some point advanced machines won't be affordable to the public.

Mining has been a small yet fun and affordable hobby for me -- and I hope that it will continue...

SmileySmileySmiley

I don't see why you're realising that home mining is dead now. It was dead as soon as the first ASIC came out. AFAIK bitfury is a private mining company, not a pool. They probably have a huge-ass mining rig in the middle of nowhere.

Revive homemining!! I hope something new comes out
mindtrip
Legendary

Activity: 1167
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2016, 04:02:05 PM

seems like the only miners you can run at home are more of a toy then something you can make any real money with

The Sidehack USB sticks are a nice choice or possibly an old S3 those weren't to noisy. Everything from bitmain after that was way to noisy and draws to much to run on any normal home 110V electrical outlets
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: