Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:05:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitFury has the No. 1 Crown for Now...  (Read 11192 times)
Doamader

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 11:04:00 AM

Why has Bitfury been behind closed doors for so long?  Is it because it was profitable to self mine and support product to other data centers.  The halving and difficulty must play a part in this, oh and can't forget the cost of the new chip development.
I'm not a basher, I am extremely excited to have this come to market.  I just hate the fact they left the home miner without any options to buy their product until now. 

Will be waiting to see if they will indeed sell chips to Sidehack.  That's the game changer.

The difficulty has risen a quite a lot recently and is predicted to rise 21% in the next few days. I suspect some high performance miners have already been used.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kekman1337

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 01:50:48 PM

Why has Bitfury been behind closed doors for so long?  Is it because it was profitable to self mine and support product to other data centers.  The halving and difficulty must play a part in this, oh and can't forget the cost of the new chip development.
I'm not a basher, I am extremely excited to have this come to market.  I just hate the fact they left the home miner without any options to buy their product until now. 

Will be waiting to see if they will indeed sell chips to Sidehack.  That's the game changer.

The difficulty has risen a quite a lot recently and is predicted to rise 21% in the next few days. I suspect some high performance miners have already been used.
There's got to be a lot of them that are being used right now or being tested..  Diff is skyrocketing

Raswild

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 02:30:22 PM

There's got to be a lot of them that are being used right now or being tested..  Diff is skyrocketing

The BitFury did not announce the selling of the chips or miners. It might mine itself to make more money.
punin

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2016, 01:49:57 PM

Sidehack will be getting chips.

Definately not using our chip. I would expect miners with our chip by end of march or early april.

See above.

The BitFury did not announce the selling of the chips or miners. It might mine itself to make more money.

Yes we did and we also released our PCB designs under Creative Commons License.

Head of Product Development
Bitfury Group
www.bitfury.com
greaterninja

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 03:10:07 PM

You have my interest.  I'm touring APAC right now, but I'd be interested in chips or some collaboration.
Doamader

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 09:23:44 PM

Definately not using our chip. I would expect miners with our chip by end of march or early april.

See above.

So the S7 and A6 are making most of the hash rates. They will be not very profitable in April or May.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 11:02:21 PM

See above.

So the S7 and A6 are making most of the hash rates. They will be not very profitable in April or May.

We really can't say that for sure as there is nothing to back it up. We can guess as they are 2 being released to public right now.  But there are also others like the early B11 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1206056.msg13908346#msg13908346

The early B11 we don't have any idea how many were made.  It did not hit refined specs it should eventually, but they produced some... how many? No one that knows is saying.
jt byte

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 11:47:07 AM

Well after they add so many hash a few weeks ago, it just logic.
I am happy to see though a non-chinese miner is growing and even the biggest now.

In the end it's about the right distribution, but let's be honest too they are just 1 entity, while the other 2 pools are from several entities.
kurdisajo

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 08:07:13 PM

Bitfury has a massive {exploration mining} farm (two or perhaps three) in Texas.

Point out where power is USD 0.192 per kwh, could be even less... & several more farms in Romania & Russia.
Raswild

Activity: 33

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 08:49:00 PM

Bitfury has a massive {exploration mining} farm (two or perhaps three) in Texas.

Point out where power is USD 0.192 per kwh, could be even less... & several more farms in Romania & Russia.

Are you sure the power is  USD 0.192 per kwh? It is too expensive. That is the price in Europe, not in the US.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 10:07:50 PM

Are you sure the power is  USD 0.192 per kwh? It is too expensive. That is the price in Europe, not in the US.

I'm wondering saying 2 cent's or less.  I would be more likely to believe that with Bitfury I suspect they have some pretty good electricity pricing with bulk usage and no doubt went were it was cheap.

I don't think we what they can be though. Once they perfect the new NM chip... it's hard to say how big they might get.
RivalOption

Activity: 19

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2016, 02:23:00 PM

jeremyf327

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 09:38:22 PM

Are these chips still estimated to hit market by the end of March?
jellon

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 09:23:46 AM
Last edit: March 13, 2016, 09:41:13 AM by jellon

I suspect we might only see the 16nm chips later a lot later (Moors law), if the S7 launched at $1800 what will an equivenlent launch, with the same 1290 wattage 16nm chip be... which would equate to +- 12th (thumb sucking fugure).... plus a halving... unless the bitcoin price goes up I think alot of people are gonna stay put till the halving and see what happens bitfury especially.... think about it they must have invested a pretty top dollar to get into the bitcoin chip manufacturing space. If they make the chips at all.... If a data center cost +- $3'000'000... using between 1mw to 2 mw of power imagine the setup of the factory to build those things... this isnt a joke and not anyone is gonna jump in knowing the halving is comming and uncertinty on the price of bitcoin.... yeah we all assume it will go up but what if allot of people dump it on to the market and the price goes back to just $200 even $300... a lot of people will be out

If they were gonna launch miner to the public they would have done it already so those "big clients" could at least get their ROI before the halving... so at leat they go in with the data center paid up and time to make profit...

something tells me there arent many takers just check the hashrate the past month.... its been hovering between 1300 ph and 1000ph with massive drop offs... this isnt the ususal drop off like you see on the S7's... if they are testing (bear in mind im only using the hashing chart to make this analagy) they could be having problems (an assumption)... ive been seing 20-30 % variation in total network hash.....

have a look for yourself
https://blockchain.info/de/charts/hash-rate

certainly its interesting times.... and we must keep on mining till the market changes up or down Smiley

*********side note playing with figures

if a bitfury data center cost $3000'000-00 (I think Im not far off) for 12ph.... that equates to $250 per TH so in antminer terms $1175. for the equivanlent antminer with 16nm chips... vs $665 for 28nm... hmmm if antminers come down to $580 might be interesting lol...

but alas the one who will alway be in the game are the ones who dont have to pay for electricity....

So the lesson "go solar" Smiley hahaha

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: