Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 05:35:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What's going to happen to Litecoin price?  (Read 1483 times)
Huobi-USD (OP)

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 12:03:31 PM

http://www.litecoinblockhalf.com/

12 Days til Litecoin block reward halving.
What's going to happen to LTC price?

Huobi Secure and Trustworthy!
altcoinhosting2

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 12:05:53 PM

I hope it at least doubles... bought myself a gridseed for experimenting, would be nice if the coins i mined were worth at least 2x what they were worth before the halving, since i'll only mine half as much as before....

██████████████████████▔|▔▔|      LEDGER WALLETSecond factorMalware Proof
████████████████████▔|▔▔|
██████████████████████|▔▔| ◀◀ Smartcard based Hardware Wallet - Worldwide Shipping
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 12:14:36 PM

For a halving to have any effect there needs to be real and ongoing demand, no? I think there's more than enough LTC for everyone.

There might well be a boost due to professional pumpers playing on sentiment. That's about it.
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1364

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 01:27:05 PM

If Litecoin's price doubles 2x then that would be awesome. Could you imagine LTC being worth $10? That might happen.  Roll Eyes

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 01:28:40 PM

What's going to happen to LTC price?

"It will fluctuate."

Tongue

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Blawpaw
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 01:29:34 PM

I believe we will still see a Pump in the price before the halving. Still got some LTC stashed for when that happens Wink
LTC will be far more rare and that will surely have an impact on the price. In fact, the average price per LTC as already increased.
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 02:06:12 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2015, 02:22:05 PM by pedrog

I don't think there will be any price move because of the halving.

It didn't happen with bitcoin, and usually it doesn't happen with other altcoins also.

aakashsangwan

Activity: 994

PUGG.io

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 02:12:22 PM

As litecoin halving is very near so there is a huge pump expected because everyone will know that the litecoin mined in the blocks will be halved and with this reason the pump and dumpers will take benefit of this.

shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 02:34:57 PM

Litecoin is stuck as the news has already priced in the coin price and the huge pump is over.
We should not see much movement for Litecoin.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
leipebarry

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 03:04:46 PM

Litecoin will only be used for pump and dumps.

There is no innovation in Litecoin, no updates/development and stores are not interested in it. (Read the article about Charlie Lee)
Even with the blockhalving reward the coin has no true value anymore exept for whales and traders.
If you are not interested in global acceptance regarding cryptocurrency but just in it for the trade I would say go ahead trade in it.

After the blockhalving reward there will be a big dump eventually because of the upcoming Bitcoin halving next year.

Just wait for it.
Sir Alpha_goy

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 02:43:50 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2015, 04:50:53 PM by Sir Alpha_goy

KhalDrago

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 02:47:18 PM
Last edit: August 15, 2015, 04:01:54 PM by KhalDrago

Litecoin will see its end after the halving..cus there will be nothing to look forward to and it will be just a useless copy of bitcoin.
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 03:34:08 PM

Only a little over 9 days away now, I would have expected the price to start moving up if it was going to by now.

As others have already pointed out, the recent pump/dump might have been the expected rise everyone was waiting for and now that we are still double the end of May price it might be as good as it gets for Litecoin. I would expect the price to fall somewhat after the halving, probably not back to $1.50 again, but settle somewhere around the $2.50-$3.00 mark. I think one of the problems, that's even been hinted at in this thread, is there are still a lot of LTC bag-holders just waiting for a good price to dump. This huge dump potential will more than offset the reduced coin supply being mined, so any hopes of $10 Litecoin in the next 10 days is very unlikely at this point.
irfan01

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 03:41:35 PM

I hope that the price could 2X of current  Cheesy
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 03:58:56 PM

I guess there will be a slight increase of the price. Not from one day to another, but over the next weeks after the halving. But I do not think that we will see a price double this year.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 04:05:06 PM

I think most litecoin miners directly liquidate towards bitcoin (as opposed to bitcoin miners, who keep most of the coins.)

If this assumption is true, we can expect a nice increase after the halving due to a massive decrease in incoming supply.

I don't expect it to double, but 50% should be possible. Also because litecoin is undervalued still.
GriffinHeart

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Hello there!

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 08:41:02 PM

It may drop like the big boy over hiroshima,
or it may just do nuffin and stay at a regular price.

Hi there, I'm from South Africa.
This means I'm poor, I guess.
leipebarry

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 03:41:58 PM

People are waiting for the blockhalving to go up just to dump their worthless Litecoins.

Litecoins can be used where?
There is no Litecoin ecosystem whatsoever.
Charlie Lee said it himself there is no ecosystem, ''Litecoins needs merchants and users.''
But no merchants wants Litecoin and no user wants Litecoin.

Charlie Lee: “Litecoin Does Not Need Development Right Now”
He simply left the coin because it has no future.

Hell even Guldencoin has a much better ecosystem than Litecoin.

Topbanker

Activity: 157
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 03:46:18 PM

Well its very simple really. Litecoin according to the laws of math and economics will crash around 33% for 1 week then it will steadily rise again and then it will just die.
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 04:00:19 PM

People are waiting for the blockhalving to go up just to dump their worthless Litecoins.

Litecoins can be used where?
There is no Litecoin ecosystem whatsoever.
Charlie Lee said it himself there is no ecosystem, ''Litecoins needs merchants and users.''
But no merchants wants Litecoin and no user wants Litecoin.

Charlie Lee: “Litecoin Does Not Need Development Right Now”
He simply left the coin because it has no future.

Hell even Guldencoin has a much better ecosystem than Litecoin.

What is this shit about "ecosystems"? A bunch of teens on BitcoinTalk?

Every Money Transmitter in the Real World (and there are 1000s)...
That accepts BTC also accepts LTC, but I assure no one has ever heard of Guldencoin.

It's all about liquidity - here's last 24 hours:

LTC: $3,500,000
NLG: $534

Any coin with $500 liquidity is a joke...
Even ByteCoin is a total scam with $13,500,000 cap but only $15,000/day in liquidity...
That ratio is impossible without a group totally rigging the marhet.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: