Question: Altcoins and exchanges design is basically:
Good just enough - 0 (0%)
Could be better - 1 (50%)
Ugly - 0 (0%)
I don't care at all - 1 (50%)
Total Voters: 2

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoins and exchanges design  (Read 251 times)
Novak (Pairex - design) (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 01:36:18 PM

I am visual artist.

When I saw dozens of altcoins and exchanges first time I thought: 'Why the hell they are so ugly?'

No good logo, no style, no sign of good taste. Speaking of exchanges - everything is bad from visuals to mobile browser adaptation.

Then I started to realise why people is just ignoring it, using these things looking and feeling ugly.

Ok, if you talk about real money (notes and nickels) - there's no need to care about appearance, just be sure it's not false. And it's all you have to care about, really. Your State could print notes with a peace of president's sh*t on it - and you'll trust it anyway and use it everyday.

But when it comes to cryptocurrencies - we have to deal with unknown anonymous people with unknown reputation.
The only thing that helps you tell lies from eyes is intuition, support quality, etc.

Everyday we see altcoins and exchanges scary as hell (from visual POV), but we trust em somehow...

This phenomena is increadible. You trust people that can't even make things they do beautiful. Oh, ok, at least not so ugly ) Uhm... at least usable!

If somebody has good intentions, first of all he may have good appearance. Or may not, but in general we judge things basically on their appearance. Is cryptocurrency an exception? What social mechanics come to play here, if design doesn't matter at all - what else could matter?

My own opinion is clear. If you sell something - make sure it looks good.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: