Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:24:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PM info about your BTC sites and companies for 247 Bitcoin News  (Read 491 times)
247bitcoins (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 02:25:14 PM

If you have an interesting BTC site or company

PM some info

I might do a short story on you

We need some fresh BTC related stuff for our site

We have expert ranking on klout for bitcoin

So if we do a story on your btc project it pops the top of Twitter for any btc or crypto term we target

So PM anything you think is 'news worthy'

THANKS

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 02:29:24 PM

Even though I don't write for this website, they do deserve more praise than they are getting right now. Put them on your list of media contacts folks Smiley
247bitcoins (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 02:48:45 PM

Even though I don't write for this website, they do deserve more praise than they are getting right now. Put them on your list of media contacts folks Smiley

Thanks

abhishekthakur

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 02:49:20 PM

Would you charge for the make of a story on the topic or stuff you need ?
247bitcoins (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 02:58:34 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2015, 03:08:42 PM by 247bitcoins

Would you charge for the make of a story on the topic or stuff you need ?

Probably not right now, we just need some fresh content since our company is going to sell the site, it's right now part of 247 News and we thought btc warranted it's own site, but now we just cover btc stuff as a category on the main site.

So right now if the story is important it will be gratis.

If the story isn't that news worthy, we can probably do something for a minor fee to help guys trying to get press on btc stuff.

So if it's news worthy it's gratis, if it's something not that major in our opinion, we could probably help a new startup with some editorial push stuff.

News is news, we're interested in writing about stuff that btc users want to know about, but in my experience most stuff isn't 'news worthy', so should it be covered? Maybe, but startups either are news worthy or they are borderline news worthy.

Right now my goal is find a few news worthy sites and startups and lend a hand, we need stories and we have expert rankings on klout to push stuff that is marginal.

So big stories will be gratis, others may not be gratis and I'm sure if we do an editorial push the fees involved wouldn't be that major, but time is money and we have to do articles so news worthy = gratis, stuff that is bitcoin related but not that news worthy, well we'll see how it goes, I prefer gratis stories myself.

We use a lot of feeds on all our news sites, so the sites have constantly updating stories from sources we find we can trust.

Then we can push a topic with our site IF we think it should be pushed and that is gratis as are news feeds.

But editorial pushes are something the main company does, but it's not something we discuss publicly, so PM me and if it's good stuff it will be GRATIS as most news is, but in the media you have the ability to do a grey area of 'reporting' where the news outlet pushes stuff for fees. No one wants to admit the media works that way, but it does.

Agents feed news reporters all the time, some do it with 'leaks' about their clients, some do it with perks to the writers.

So it's part of the media world that very few write about since it shows all media companies are bought to some degree.

The reason this site was formed was originally to help btc projects the main company might have become involved in and due to how btc fizzeled in value, the parent company has no major interest in developing btc projects now.

So for now we have a expert ranking site that has been an orphan in the company and with no major btc projects on the board, it's pump up articles and get it ready to be spum off to someone either interested in doing lots of btc stories and let them monetize it with stuff like adsense.

You look at big media companies and they all have vested interests now in publishing stuff, so Quebcorp has news sites and yet they own publishing and studio companies and have ownership in retail to push what they develop, so do you think Quebcorp articles are 'neutral'? NO

The fact is we don't our site to push anything related to bitcoin, yet it's worthy of its own category now on 247 News, so no need to run a full site on just bitcoin.

So right now we are looking at all btc startups and deciding what to push GRATIS, yet if it's btc related and not really that major of a story, ok, twist my arm and we can push you.

Face it the media all has vested interests.

247bitcoins (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 11:24:12 PM

no one with anything worth writing about?

antonpans

Activity: 241
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 11:43:07 PM

I just lost 0.5 btc on barcelona vs bilbao...and i want to say that barcelona sucks. Smiley you can make a story about this

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: