Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 07:12:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where can I buy physical gold for bitcoin?  (Read 10368 times)
knightkon

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 10:05:42 PM

Amagi Metals has gone AWOL so I would definitely not recommend them.  They aren't accepting bitcoins for payment anyway and haven't for months.  Their presence has been absent from the bitcointalk community for months as well.

I agree with this statement on Amagi...  I have used them for nearly 5 years and have just recently stopped.  Communications with their employees have shown that even they are distancing themselves from Amagi.  There is no crypto accepting precious metals dealer I would recommend at the moment. 

I would advise you to use gyft.com to get an eBay gift card and then purchase your gold on eBay.  That is the only method I would trust currently.

have you used provident metals?

They are a large and highly reputable online (but based in the us) pm dealer.  I have used them before, just havent paid with btc yet.  They give a 3% discount off the "list price" when paying with btc, but a 4% when paying with cash/check.
I have used provident metals and paid with BTC before.  It was just as easy as dealing with cash or charge in any other store.  There is never an issue with their orders and if you ever need to contract their customer service, they are very friendly and like to help.

███████████████████████████
██████████▄▄███▄▄██████████
████████▄█████████▄████████
██████▄█████████████▄██████
█████▄███████████████▄█████
█████▀███████████████▀█████
███████▀███████████▀███████
█████████▀███████▀█████████
███████████▀███▀███████████
.BITAMP..
   BITAMP BITCOIN WALLET   
Easy to use, client-side, &
open-source Bitcoin wallet
████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄████████
████▄▀▀▀   ▄▄█▄▄   ▀▀▀▄████
█████ ▀▄▄▀▀     ▀▀▄▄▀ █████
█████  █    ███    █  █████
█████  █   ▄███▄   █  █████
█████  █  ███████  █  █████
████▀▄ ▀▄ ███████ ▄▀ ▄▀████
█████▀▄ ▀▄       ▄▀ ▄▀█████
██████▀▄  ▀▄▄ ▄▄▀  ▄▀██████
████████▀▄   █   ▄▀████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▀▀██████████
████▄▀▀▀▄  ▄███▄  ▄▀▀▀▄████
█████   █ ▐█████▌ █   █████
███▄▄▀ ▀▄  ▀███▀  ▄▀ ▀▄▄███
██      ▄██▀▀▀██▄      ███
██     ███▄███ ███     ███
███▄▄▄▄ █████▄▄████ ▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████████████
█████████████████▄▄▄▄█▄████
███████████████████████▀███
█████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▄▄████████
███████▄▀  ▄█▄█▄  ▀▄███████
██████▄▀   █    █  ▀▄██████
███████    █▀▀▀▀▄   ███████
██████▀▄   █    █  ▄▀██████
███████▀▄  ▀█▀█▀  ▄▀███████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄█████
███▄███████████████████████
████▀█▀▀▀▀█████████████████
|SECURE
ANONYMOUS
INSTANT
BetterWarner

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 09:14:30 AM

Kind of a redundant post but if you haven't read the other very similar thread to this one, I have a few gold bars that I got from Amagi metals (with BTC) that I would like to now sell (for BTC) if anyone is interested just let me know I'll get some photos taken. 
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 04:20:06 PM

www.pesobang.com might the website which you're looking for and also try cryptthrift.com along with it. Free shipping internationally (have some countried exceptions). And finally i'm not owner of this site, i just bought some goods on pesobang.com
I thoroughly checked out both the websites they don't really sell any gold as such .Pesobang doesn't deal with gold at all and the other site has affiliate sellers who sell gold coins and stuff which are hardly to he trusted .It would be better if we actually had a official approved gold trader .
RealPhotoshoper
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 03:52:01 PM

Since its establishment in 2008, the online payment system known as Bitcoin has enabled millions of customers to make and receive payments without the involvement of any banks or credit/debit card companies. The popularity of this payment method stems not only from the convenience of its transaction process, but also from the currency it uses, the bitcoin. The bitcoin serves as the single uniform piece of currency within the system, and enables people from different nations to make their purchases without having to concern themselves with current exchange rates. Understandably, it has become a popular means of payment among businesses that deal internationally, including precious metals dealers.
you may check this one : http://www.jmbullion.com/investing-guide/buying-physical-metals/bitcoin/
Luqman

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 12:55:59 AM

You can buy those by using IEC, Iec is an alternate crypto currency that selling gold and silver for a cheap price, you can find the thread on altcoin section. Cheers  Grin
number2

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 03:47:45 AM

I have found a few older posts in the marketplace forum stating that they will sell gold and silver, but are there any escrow services that will hold my BTC until I receive the goods?  If so, please post them here or PM me.
hiddensphinx
Legendary

Activity: 1457
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 04:47:31 PM

Try https://www.bitgold.com

Take your Bitcoin and Altcoin trading strategy to another level with Trade Santa! - https://tradesanta.com/en/site/set-referral-cookie?referral_id=111843
James100t

Activity: 111

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 06:23:29 PM

How to they send me it.Is it safe for me?
Skeptical One

Activity: 324
Merit: 260

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 03:51:50 AM

On ebay
delliaerd

Activity: 672

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 10:13:08 AM

On ebay
Why you recommended on ebay ? What a special feature that ebay have ..

..C..
........Finally C is .........
...........            ............
       ............            ............
...................      ....................

HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2015, 04:31:47 AM

The Marketplace Goods board on this forum...here's a listing for WTS Gold -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1171944.0

There are others, this is just one I found in a search.
l8nit3
Legendary

Activity: 1007
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 04:58:59 AM

Wow, very informative thread! Ive just spent almost 2 hours checking out all the sites listed here Smiley
BitcoinMarketStore

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 05:44:17 PM

Why invest in physical gold just now? If it continues the downtrend, probably goes under 1000$ and then could return to 650-700$ too. I think gold is quite risky now. I'm on market since 1999 , when I was 20 years old!

So, if you would an advice, stay away from gold till it don't touch 1000 $ and rebound almost to 1200 and over. ( wait after wedding time in India.... Wink )

** Actually in my shop I sell a lot of steel jewels and less gold thing. People appreciate brand steel jewels because they are cheaper than gold
Silver Art

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 06:01:05 PM

Amagi Metals has gone AWOL so I would definitely not recommend them.  They aren't accepting bitcoins for payment anyway and haven't for months.  Their presence has been absent from the bitcointalk community for months as well.

I agree with this statement on Amagi...  I have used them for nearly 5 years and have just recently stopped.  Communications with their employees have shown that even they are distancing themselves from Amagi.  There is no crypto accepting precious metals dealer I would recommend at the moment.  

I would advise you to use gyft.com to get an eBay gift card and then purchase your gold on eBay.  That is the only method I would trust currently.

have you used provident metals?

They are a large and highly reputable online (but based in the us) pm dealer.  I have used them before, just havent paid with btc yet.  They give a 3% discount off the "list price" when paying with btc, but a 4% when paying with cash/check.

I have used Provident Metals twice to buy silver with bitcoins (bitcoin faucet earnings) and it has been a smooth transaction for me.  
fuathan

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

Aleph.im

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 01:30:10 AM

Why are you buying gold rather than holding bitcoin for other price jump?..
ThunderThomas

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

fastdice.com The Worlds Fastest Bitcoin Dice

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 11:24:51 PM

Amagi Metals has gone AWOL so I would definitely not recommend them.  They aren't accepting bitcoins for payment anyway and haven't for months.  Their presence has been absent from the bitcointalk community for months as well.

I agree with this statement on Amagi...  I have used them for nearly 5 years and have just recently stopped.  Communications with their employees have shown that even they are distancing themselves from Amagi.  There is no crypto accepting precious metals dealer I would recommend at the moment. 

I would advise you to use gyft.com to get an eBay gift card and then purchase your gold on eBay.  That is the only method I would trust currently.

Coming from you it means it's not a good option.

That's too bad. I wanted to diversify my investment and was hoping for some party's where i could buy gold with bitcoin.

ps_jb

Activity: 742

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 05:34:26 AM

I personally bought from:

http://www.providentmetals.com/

and

https://veldtgold.com

All was smooth and fast

You can drop them an email and check availability of items you want to buy

Provident has a huge selection of coins and bars
Zazzu

Activity: 518
Merit: 256

Living the truth....

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 11:31:11 AM

Stay away from bitgold, they do not send the gold paid with bitcoin.

You can use bitstamp now, or https://www.moro.si, are the bitstamps providers and is cheaper
ps_jb

Activity: 742

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 03:05:42 PM

Stay away from bitgold, they do not send the gold paid with bitcoin.

You can use bitstamp now, or https://www.moro.si, are the bitstamps providers and is cheaper

Moro looks like heavily overpriced
Zazzu

Activity: 518
Merit: 256

Living the truth....

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 03:47:11 PM

Yes but is cheaper than bitstamp
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: