Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:35:28 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: well this is a bad news  (Read 1223 times)
coaltin (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 05:56:06 PM

seen this while i opened lbtc site

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 05:57:41 PM

Yes, everyone is aware of the license. No, it is not that big of a deal unless you think that a lot of users are based in New York which I doubt. Besides, Americans have chosen their idiotic government. Now they have to deal with it.

Go to Switzerland and enjoy your life.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
coaltin (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 06:03:26 PM

Yes, everyone is aware of the license. No, it is not that big of a deal unless you think that a lot of users are based in New York which I doubt. Besides, Americans have chosen their idiotic government. Now they have to deal with it.

U didn't understand the whole story.New york is the beginning,slowly the whole population will be penalized for using bitcoin.Consider a major economy;in lieu of bitcoin exchange moving out of the bitcoin game lessens its value.I would consider moving to the blockchain now and the related projects associated with blockchain technology.
Jorge320

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 06:40:42 PM

Small hiccup on the way to bigger adoption.

"This too shall pass..."
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 06:46:59 PM

U didn't understand the whole story.New york is the beginning,slowly the whole population will be penalized for using bitcoin.Consider a major economy;in lieu of bitcoin exchange moving out of the bitcoin game lessens its value.I would consider moving to the blockchain now and the related projects associated with blockchain technology.

not the whole population, this isn't true, because there are countries already, which are pro bitcoin, like canada and japan, you will not see, ever, a situation where every countries will be against bitcoin

thank god we haven't a single government that is controlling the entire world, at least seen from this point, the world is decentralized enough...
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 07:15:00 PM

Is there something stopping users from just clicking on the "i don't live in NY" button ?
There's no way for them to track user activity if they use VPN also afaik. So even tho this is not good news, it's not that bad either, it just
means that bitcoin has some stronger regulation, and that only those really serious about their bussines will aquire the licence.

cheers
Harry Hood

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 08:34:57 PM

It's not a big deal because most (if not all) business in the US require a license to operate! This is not a knock to bitcoin, it's adding bitcoin businesses into the fold of existing legislation. Governments are in the business of levying revenue to pay for their services, one way they do this is through business license fees. That's all this is!

Is the company deciding it's not going to do business in NYS as a result? Sounds like a rash decision. Coinbase ran into the same issue in Idaho so they stopped offering services to Idaho, the difference in the Coinbase case is that it's...well...Idaho!

malzahar

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 09:18:17 PM

get another ip address for another state, problem solved.

all these transactions cant be followed unless localbitcoins actually hand them over to them to see who wasnt a resident and worst thing happens is your account is unable to buy bitcoin.

but most people would probably make another one.
tommorisonwebdesign

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 09:33:01 PM

Looks like the powers at be in the USA are really afraid of the potential of Bitcoin so now they have no choice but to pull off stuff like this to keep their stranglehold on the world. It's a good thing I live up north.

Signatures? How about learning a skill... I don't care either way. Everybody has to make a living somehow.
tonycamp

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 09:35:21 PM

well BTC its still to realted to terror insome minds soo they must not use it regular just it NY its still a good state

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange
█████████    <<  ● Free Coins every 24hrs!  >>
██████████    <<  ● REGISTER NOW and GET 1000 DOGE for FREE!  >>
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 09:35:31 PM
Last edit: August 13, 2015, 09:10:46 AM by LaudaM

No, that is not true. There are places that already have other regulations in regards to Bitcoin. I do not think that there will be similar regulations such as the one in NY.

not the whole population, this isn't true, because there are countries already, which are pro bitcoin, like canada and japan, you will not see, ever, a situation where every countries will be against bitcoin

thank god we haven't a single government that is controlling the entire world, at least seen from this point, the world is decentralized enough...
Well obviously the others aren't going to proceed with such a similar license as the one in New York. Obviously that is not going to work as the fees are too high for many businesses and many do not want to bother with the license as well.
Something much more simpler needs to be implemented.

Update: Several corrections.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 10:07:45 PM

It's bad news for residents of New York, that state is going to become a bitcoin vacuum because of it.  My twitter feed has news every day of another bitcoin business leaving the state, and it's really picked up since the Aug. 8 deadline.  Short sighted politicians with no understanding of crypto currency gotta ruin everything.
unholycactus
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 10:12:41 PM

get another ip address for another state, problem solved.

all these transactions cant be followed unless localbitcoins actually hand them over to them to see who wasnt a resident and worst thing happens is your account is unable to buy bitcoin.

but most people would probably make another one.

That won't work if you trade bitcoin physically or if you bank account is registered in NY.
IP address is definitely not how law enforcement will track your trades.
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2015, 05:12:12 AM

It sucks to live in New York state right now & be a Bitcoin enthusiast.
Coins168

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 05:17:11 AM

aside from New York any other State that has strict rules about bitcoin?
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 12:23:47 PM

http://cointelegraph.com/news/115114/localbitcoins-stops-service-for-new-york-residents

This is bad news, although they leave NY, but they still standing still. actually not LocalBitcoin only  who leave NY because the regulation, BitQuick also.
alva5763

Activity: 451

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 05:02:39 PM

How big is bitcoin in US,especially compared to other countries?
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 06:28:48 PM

http://cointelegraph.com/news/115114/localbitcoins-stops-service-for-new-york-residents

This is bad news, although they leave NY, but they still standing still. actually not LocalBitcoin only  who leave NY because the regulation, BitQuick also.

Yes, they are resuming their services like before, just moving their business from NY. So even tho it's bad in way, because NY is the center of the attention in the
business world, this shouldn't be over exaggerated, many services will follow, and all of this is because of the unrealistic bitlicence terms.

cheers
coaltin (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 03:11:20 AM

I meant the population of US
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2015, 05:36:43 AM

aside from New York any other State that has strict rules about bitcoin?

Not yet, but California is getting close to finalizing their regulatory measures.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: