Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:21:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which mining pool you suggest?  (Read 15144 times)
fedidaido (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 03:07:45 AM

I'm mining at a very low rate atm. What pool mining would you suggest for me? >.<

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
V2-V3

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 03:09:47 AM

I recommend using the BitClockers.com Pool
I am very happy there and would not think of switching, a great community with lots of helpful folks.
[Tycho]

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2011, 03:15:13 AM

I'm mining at a very low rate atm. What pool mining would you suggest for me? >.<
Deepbit.net, the best mining pool here :)

Welcome to my bitcoin mining pool: https://deepbit.net - Both payment schemes (including PPS), instant payout, no invalid blocks !
ICBIT Trading platform : USD/BTC futures trading, Bitcoin difficulty futures (NEW!). Third year in bitcoin business.
demonofelru

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 03:18:22 AM

I would recommend deepbit or BTCGuild.  Although Tycho is obviously biased Deepbit is a great pool I prefer BTCGuild but I really like how Tycho treats his pool members.

Names do not matter; however, if you insist...id...
Jine

Activity: 403
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 03:20:16 AM

Anyone without a fee. I'm not going to say that MY pool (Bitcoins.lc) is the best.
We're however the nicest one.

Don't go to deepbit or slush, use some other pool that doesn't steal from you.

Previous founder of Bit LC Inc. | I've always loved the idea of bitcoin.
MiningBuddy

Activity: 927
Merit: 1000

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 03:20:20 AM

Slush is a great pool, also btcguild is good.

demonofelru

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 03:29:12 AM

Anyone without a fee. I'm not going to say that MY pool (Bitcoins.lc) is the best.

Although as I said I prefer BTCGuild for it's fee freeness, it is just wrong to suggest Tycho or slush are stealing from you both seem to be great people that IMO react faster to outages, seem more stable, and initiate new features faster then the free pools.  They both are very forth coming with their fees so how the hell are they stealing?  Whether the fee is worth it to miners is their choice.  I've use a bunch of pools and I've switched from fee free pools back to both slush and Tycho after problems with downtime,  I've found that BTCguild is the best combination of fees and performance.

Names do not matter; however, if you insist...id...
The Koolio

Activity: 560

Minds are like parachutes they work best when open

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2011, 05:06:12 AM

I use BTCGuild, eleuthria is on here and is good at getting stuff done. I use deepbit whenever outages happen or DDos attacks

1. Litecoin 2. Bitcoin 3. Any of the Anon coins
russelljohnson

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 05:11:29 AM

O yea?

If you've found my post helpful, send me some bitcoins!
1FkGxXmesGbhoFewYGrtNEmifzwvNaNCXH
Nythain

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 08:03:48 AM

We're however the most bold, snide, and pretentious.

You should totally look into deepbit, slush, btcguild, btcmine, or swepool. They are all pretty awesome!

Fixed it for you
keybaud

Activity: 120

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 11:44:55 AM

To be honest, all the pools are well run, you just have to choose what you want from the pool. I use bitcoinpool.com, bitcoins.lc and btcguild.com. Why more than one? All pools suffer downtime at some point, so I mine for two pools at the same time on each GPU. If one does go down, the other miner just ramps up from 50% to 100%.
ensign_lee

Activity: 886

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 08:43:50 PM

Choose 2, one for backup.

For me, I like a score based system that helps to prevent pool hoppers from stealing my profits! So Slush it is.

Backup for me is btcguild (and I still have two 5870s running on it all the time), because eleuthria rocks so much at responding to all of us, and I really like his site layout. If he switched to a score based system or implemented some way to punish pool hoppers, I would switch to btcguild and donate 2% in a heartbeat.

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
mikey5287

Activity: 51

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 08:53:02 PM

I've been jumping around, and I've found I earn the most at deepbit.
I also really like BTCguild, but some rounds can 5 hours.
Slush is good, but you need to wait for confirmed blocks.  Also can be hit and miss, sometimes rounds can average 1 hour other times much quicker.
Wepp

Activity: 48

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 08:53:27 PM

I'm currently splitting up my miners across five pools. One in each, even split.
I'm planning to spend this weekend on developing an app to metapool. I mean - be able to participate in multiple pools from a single miner.
Not like a failover thing, but like a splitting thing. 33% in deepbit, 33% in slush, 33% in btcmine, for example. From one miner. Of course, if one of the pools goes down, then it'll become a 50/50 split.

I don't want to make any announcements yet, because I haven't proven to myself that I can do it... Smiley
Freakin

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 09:11:25 PM

lol that is completely out of line. They are charging a clearly defined management fee for running and maintaining the pool.  If you don't want to pay the fees then don't use the pool.  To suggest that they are "stealing" is pretty insulting and you will likely dissuade potential users from moving to your pool if you act like that.

I'm totally calling the cops on Vanguard for stealing from my Roth IRA.
The Koolio

Activity: 560

Minds are like parachutes they work best when open

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2011, 10:22:38 PM

lol that is completely out of line. They are charging a clearly defined management fee for running and maintaining the pool.  If you don't want to pay the fees then don't use the pool.  To suggest that they are "stealing" is pretty insulting and you will likely dissuade potential users from moving to your pool if you act like that.

I'm totally calling the cops on Vanguard for stealing from my Roth IRA.

I agree, the fee's are set out, dont use those pools if you're not interested or bothered about a measly 45 mins extra work a day unpaid. BTCGuild is very good, but so are the other main pools. Theres reasons why they are most popular even with the fee's!

1. Litecoin 2. Bitcoin 3. Any of the Anon coins
cmp1988

Activity: 8

View Profile
June 05, 2011, 10:47:23 AM

I like both Deepbit and Slush.  If you're looking for a no fee pool, then BTC Guild is the one I prefer.  Even though there are non-fee pools available, I prefer to use both deepbit and slush's pools.  The round times are quite reasonable, and therefore, a more steady payout.  BTC Guild has the bonus of paying you right away from both unconfirmed and even invalid blocks, if you make a donation of 2.5% or more.

Artefact2

Activity: 123

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2011, 11:04:30 AM

I'm surprised no one mentioned Eligius.

It's by far the simplest pool : no registration (and thus, no security issues, hello Deepbit !), you directly get the generated coins (no intermediate transaction). And, as an added bonus, no fee !

It also has nice individual statistics, and a very active IRC channel (#eligius on Freenode) for discussion and support.

A pool-biased blockchain representation, by me: pident (WTFPL)
stobeh

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 05, 2011, 11:16:32 AM

I would also suggest Eligius. I and few of my friends have been using it for a while and have been very satisfied with the immediate support given at the irc-channel. The statistics pages provide also more than enough information about hash rates, estimated payout amounts etc.
aBitcoiner

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2011, 12:09:55 PM

swepool does pay-per-share, so it has zero-variance and lower fees than deepbit.

BattleTitans.io  ▼  Mobile PvP Arena of the Future  ▼  BattleTitans.io
The Most Promising ICO in October [JOIN NOW!]

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▼  [FB]  ▬▬▬  [TW]  ▬▬▬  [TG]  ▬▬▬  [YU]  ▼ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: