Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:30:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BitPlastic.com moriartybitcoin Are they real or scammers?  (Read 1596 times)
NCKBC (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 08:00:00 PM

Hello I am a newbie to bitcoins and was looking for a easy way to exchange btc to my paypal account and found BitPlastic.com.
I tested it out with a small deposit and then a transfer to paypal and it worked just as stated.
Then a month later I needed to do another transfer to my paypal account and I was busy and not thinking since I was in a hurry and I had used bitplastic.com before.
So I transferred around 15btc into BitPlastic.com and then did a witdrawal to paypal.  On my account on BitPlastic.com it still shows pending after a week. 
I have sent in several emails to support@bitplastic.com and have not received any emails back on why it is still pending. 
I also asked to simply cancel the paypal withdrawl but no response.
Here is my BitPlastic.com address https://blockchain.info/address/19d4Fvx8GjUMCxxYibDJiGyd2rHXy5bQDo

After doing some research it appears that the way BitPlastic.com works is that when someone requests a paypal withdrawal they put the btc up on https://localbitcoins.com for sale for paypal payment.
https://localbitcoins.com/accounts/profile/moriartybitcoin/

So my question is do you think I was scammed by BitPlastic.com and moriartybitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hexafraction

Activity: 392
Merit: 259

Tips welcomed: 1CF4GhXX1RhCaGzWztgE1YZZUcSpoqTbsJ

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 08:05:01 PM
Last edit: August 21, 2015, 11:20:46 PM by hexafraction

Moriaritybitcoin is a well-known scam, unfortunately. That user/group has scammed me for small stuff before. It doesn't look like you will be able to recover your coins. Exercise more diligence in the future, and check trust ratings in multiple locations (including on the forum). Best of luck.

I have recently become active again after a long period of inactivity. Cryptographic proof that my account has not been compromised is available.
ikydesu

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 08:09:53 PM

You can check this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=166158

It's so bad, looks like moriartybitcoin created a fake feedback on LocalBitcoin.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 09:54:20 PM

big scam accusation against them, so yeah, please don't waste your money.
I think bitmixer.io is legit.

NCKBC (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 11:17:59 PM

Well it is confirmed they just Deleted my account as I can't log in anymore and I received this email

<p>Hello ,</p>
<p>We are sorry to see you go!</p>
<p>Your BitPlastic account&nbsp;(jroberg) has been deleted from our system, and all records associated with your financial transactions, ip, etc. have been permanently erased from our database.</p>
<address>Client Services</address><address>support@BitPlastic.com</address>
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 02:03:59 AM

Anything that has anything to do with moriartybitcoin is 100% guaranteed to be a scam. This person runs a large number of bitcoin related scam sites.

I am interested to see that his LBC account appears to have "pro-trader" status, however a lot of his feedbacks are from low volume traders so his overall trust score is probably inaccurate. Regardless, he is certainly not a safe person to trade with.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: