Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:33:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fiat Wallets: The Key to Bitcoin Going Mainstream?  (Read 432 times)
ikydesu (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 08:57:20 PM

Jack C. Liu is head of international at OKCoin and OKLink. He is based in Beijing and previously held roles at Barclays Capital and bitcoin exchange Kraken. In this article, he explores whether the crypto industry should be pushing fiat wallets, rather than bitcoin wallets, if it wants digital currency to go mainstream.

http://www.coindesk.com/fiat-wallets-the-key-to-bitcoin-going-mainstream/

I hope it will bring more adopter.
Your thought?
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 09:46:29 PM

This article just blew my mind. Fiat wallets are THE THING that will transform the banking industry for good. Right now the only alternative to keeping wealth out of a bank is inconvenient, clumsy, and risky...who wants to keep significant amounts of cash at home?

A blockchain based wallet for fiat would provide us all an alternative to banks which would (eventually) force them to sit on the same side of the table as their customers, to eliminate hefty fees, to provide better rates for INTEREST!

Oh man, the possibilities are so grand. I can't wait for this to become reality.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: