Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:25:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Canada travel restrictions to terrorist hotspots  (Read 1282 times)
Sourgummies (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Never ending parties are what Im into.

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 04:44:03 PM

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/harper-proposes-travel-restrictions-1.3184703

Conservative Leader Stephen Harper said Sunday if re-elected he would introduce legislation that would make it a criminal offence for Canadians to travel to parts of the world under the control of extremist groups.

Another example of striping away freedoms under the guise of protection. Harper has been very active lately in attacking Canadians freedoms,will be interesting to see if we get a push back in the upcoming election.

NDP.. it's our only hope of repealing bill C-51, nothing else matters.

I am in a riding that they round up all the senior homes and church groups to vote conservative. I vote buts such a lost cause the way the system is setup right now.

Im leaning more Liberal right now due to the fact Justin could do some pretty out of left field things that could shake the system a little.
Mulcair pissed me off by saying he would not show up to debates that Harper wont attend. That is not a good look when you want to be seen as democratic.
Sourgummies (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Never ending parties are what Im into.

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 04:50:51 PM

It's strange how people can be fed completely different info and possess completely different impressions about what's going on in the world.  Maybe I don't watch the news enough and am missing something because I find it hard to understand what can put people in mind to support the Harper gov's propositions.

To me they seem counter-intutive. Other's may feel that they're the only way that they'll be safe.

If harper told Canadians sucking his dick would help stop isis there would be a million person line up.

LIke 20% of our population is full blown fucking retards.  They understand nothing about the world and believe what ever harper says as true.  I know these people.. "ANY THING TO BE SAFE BRO".. these people (there are LOTS OF THEM) shouldn't have the right to vote.

Talking to people at my work is like getting the news regurgitated back to me,but worse. Watching the news should really open ones eye to how bad things have got in the last couple of years. Every story is washed down and missing important aspects that are geared to lead you down the path they chose from the start.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 04:54:19 PM

It's strange how people can be fed completely different info and possess completely different impressions about what's going on in the world.  Maybe I don't watch the news enough and am missing something because I find it hard to understand what can put people in mind to support the Harper gov's propositions.

To me they seem counter-intutive. Other's may feel that they're the only way that they'll be safe.

If harper told Canadians sucking his dick would help stop isis there would be a million person line up.

LIke 20% of our population is full blown fucking retards.  They understand nothing about the world and believe what ever harper says as true.  I know these people.. "ANY THING TO BE SAFE BRO".. these people (there are LOTS OF THEM) shouldn't have the right to vote.

Talking to people at my work is like getting the news regurgitated back to me,but worse. Watching the news should really open ones eye to how bad things have got in the last couple of years. Every story is washed down and missing important aspects that are geared to lead you down the path they chose from the start.

I know eh.. it's painful.  I feel like throwing up in peoples faces when they start giving "opinions" that are really just exactly what they read on the news.  Never thought about it just accepted CBC or CNN as fact.
freeyourmind

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 07:44:13 PM

LOL...this is the post of the day Smiley
Probably more than 20% too

I know eh.. it's painful.  I feel like throwing up in peoples faces when they start giving "opinions" that are really just exactly what they read on the news.  Never thought about it just accepted CBC or CNN as fact.

It amazes me how many people still watch the news from sponsored mainstream media as their daily dose of world truth.  As soon as I hear the familiar tone of voice of a news reporter I tune out.  They all share the same reporter tone where all emotion and honesty has been stripped out and replaced with this fake shit that they were told to say 3 minutes ago.

People that still subscribe to cable even amaze me, aside from sports fans.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: