Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:50:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Goldcoin Orphans  (Read 3286 times)
smarterhash (OP)

Activity: 553
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 10:20:28 PM

subject says it all.

djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 10:33:24 PM

subject says it all.

if you say so  Grin

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
hdmediaservices

Activity: 630
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 10:57:28 PM

Here we go again.  LOL

Orphans are built into GLD coin when multi-pools switch and send a ton of hash.  You can't strip-mine GLD and get away with it.

It is a self-defense mechanism built into the difficulty algo.   

Smarterhash ranted about the wallet being broken and stuff under this GLD coin topic:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=317568.msg12059237#msg12059237

I guess he didn't like the response he got there...

I've mined GLD on hash-to-coins with very few orphan issues -- but I also mine it when most people do not.

Beachguy
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001

Spectreproject Community Manager

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2015, 01:14:12 AM
Last edit: August 13, 2015, 02:45:35 AM by Beachguy

Here we go again.  LOL

Orphans are built into GLD coin when multi-pools switch and send a ton of hash.  You can't strip-mine GLD and get away with it.

It is a self-defense mechanism built into the difficulty algo.  

Smarterhash ranted about the wallet being broken and stuff under this GLD coin topic:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=317568.msg12059237#msg12059237

I guess he didn't like the response he got there...

I've mined GLD on hash-to-coins with very few orphan issues -- but I also mine it when most people do not.

May I ask how much power your rig has? I have four Blizzards clocking 1.4 mh each, an X6 Thunder 20 Mh and an X6 Lightning 40 Mh. Back in Feb and March I mined Gold(NO)coin at coinmine.pw , a very nice pool that you could use auto or manual to , as you say, not follow the herd.......and a small P2pool that seemed to produce a little more rewards. At the time I only had the Blizzards and the Thunder. I never used coinmine in auto and shunned those style pools. Coinmine gives quite alot of info to choose what coin to mine there and they are quite often changing what pools they offer when one starts to fade.

About the time I bought the 40 Mh X6 Lightning and the additional hash it gave me I decided , after thorough research, to join Smarterhash (they were offering a 30 day guarantee at the time) and gaining the additional insight of the info it offers. It is NOT an auto pool.....please read that again because you seem to have a huge misunderstanding of just what  Smarterhash is and how it works.

It opened my eyes to the wild differences in how a coin generates blocks, how net work hash varies and how difficulty is so fluid. I have full MANUAL control over what ....and might I add WHERE I mine. Yes there are pools at SH , but they also provide the same info on selected coins that they have no pool for .I  can also mine a coin they do have a pool for....say, goldcoin anywhere I want to.Whether it is on another pool of any type, dedicated, P2Pool, auto...or even solo. it's my info to use how I see fit.

They offer no pool for Einsteinium (one of my old favs.....but they provide info on it and if I see it starting to throw blocks, its a simple matter to send some of my hash to an old pool I used to use for it since I use CGWatcher and CGRemote as well.

It's MY CHOICE is the point and only mine what I do. Oh, and yes if I want to put together "triggers" based on various criteria to make a change in where I'm mining on the SH pool group I can. These are one time, throw away  rules and actions that still require my staying on top of my miners and coins much as you are when you're manually switching to GLD when you notice the others not mining it. That's about as close to an "autoswitching" pool as SH and their pools gets.

I see no difference AT ALL in what I'm doing and what you're doing. I simply have much, much more information that's very up to the minute.

Before this last wallet update GLD had literally died from very slow block releases and confirms...it took DAYS for coins to confirm and transfer.
After they finally got the wallet sort of working, block times and confirms improved but, the orphan issue raised its head.

I explored mining the Smarterhash pool, the coinime.pw pool and my little friendly P2pool with every combination of miner i have looking for a solution. Just the Blizzards, just the Thunder X6 or all three. Results were anywhere from 25% to 80% orphans.

So there you go, dispute it if you like. But not only has coinmine.pw pulled their GLD pool (not that I miss a full blown auto-switchi pool getting off the network) , but my friendly GLD P2Pool has dropped in its payout a ton, and Smarterhash GLD pool is being shunned by the miners that are members there becasue of the orphans. Just last night I ran my 65 Mh there with no one else mining and made a whopping 17 cents in 12 hours  since I had only one block and a shitload of orphans.
I see you fav pool is actually exceeding the network hash rate and its a true auto switcher that you can set manual much like coinmine.pw.

It appears to me goldcoin is heading for extinction with not enough miners to keep it going.
I was moderated out of the GLD thread since they don't like hearing anything is wrong with how they run their coin.
So no big deal, we all mine our favorites. When I started back in 2013 there was a tenth of the coins today....many have come and gone or grown.

Your coming here, I welcome because I can answer directly, without fear of moderation, your comments and misunderstanding of the group I mine with. In fact, if you're a REAL miner, with a little bit of hash (we have several with only 10 Mh) or alot (some have hundreds) I have no doubt you'd be mining there with us if you understood what it can do for you.

I was stunned when I realized how much I was mining thin air while I overlooked what you call "opportunties" elsewhere.
Please don't knock it unless you've tried it.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
hdmediaservices

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 02:40:50 AM

The people complaining about GLD coin seemed to be those with small amounts of Scrypt hash and those that don't use the Hash-to-Coins pool.

When I mine GLD coin I use at least 200Mh/s to 400Mh/s at a time.  I have a farm that generates up to 2.8Gh/s of Scrypt hashing power right now.  Some are pointed at one or two public pools, while others are solo mining.

YES -- we are all aware of Smarterhash and the great data and pretty charts it generates...  as well as the triggers, switches, yada yada yada.

This just sounds like another advertisement for Smarterhash - the paid service.  

As anyone knows -- the pool that has the majority hash will always receive the minority of orphans.  So perhaps you are choosing the wrong pools to mine GLD.

I remember when the owner of LifeforcePools (now Smarterhash) was complaining about all the orphans for 42coin.  Funny - Hash-to-Coins did not have that issue --- WHY?  Because they had the majority of the net hash by several factors.

Oh and by the way --- I had a membership to Smarterhash as I was curious -- but then I was critical of how SONG coin was handled by the owner and also critical about the Hashra Astros being vaporware.  Amazingly I was refunded my membership without explanation and not allowed to log in to your service.  I guess he doesn't like critics.

Beachguy
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001

Spectreproject Community Manager

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2015, 02:50:43 AM

Since this seems to be an ongoing thing maybe you should just go away then.
You obviously aren't going to change your opinion  and just admitted you're one of the guys with big hashpower in your fav auto switching pool that caused all my orphans last night.
Smells exactly like an advertisement for hash-to-coins.....

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
hdmediaservices

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 02:52:43 AM

You obviously aren't going to change your opinion  and just admitted you're one of the guys with big hashpower in your fav auto switching pool that caused all my orphans last night.

Ah but I did not mine GLD coin yesterday.  Sorry sir.

This is ridiculous.  Don't blame your orphans on me.  LOL

SEABOND

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

http://tinyurl.com/pykjk93

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2015, 03:55:14 AM

tbh GLDcoin orphans freak me out!

HASH2COINS The Best ASIC Friendly Scrypt Multipool, 0% FEE. Mine now @ http://tinyurl.com/pykjk93
smarterhash (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 08:32:53 AM
Last edit: August 13, 2015, 08:45:24 AM by smarterhash

You obviously aren't going to change your opinion  and just admitted you're one of the guys with big hashpower in your fav auto switching pool that caused all my orphans last night.

tbh GLDcoin orphans freak me out!

at least you can talk it here and every pool - including hash to coins is being bit and bit hard by Golden River. The profitability of the coin has totally tanked vs other coins because of the orphan problems.

this thread is 'unmoderated' unlike their thread but their defenders have made full use of unmoderation here, haven't they - why do you think that is.. seems to me like they can dish it out, but they can't take it.

you're not allowed to say that over there because your post will be deleted... LOL

they say that it's protection against multi pools but I put 20 MH/s (solo mining) on the coin for 24 hours and let it ride and still got a ton of orphans...

anyone who tells you that a pool is not having orhpans problems on this coin is FULL OF SHIT!

I'm sure the code was well intentioned but it's back firing on them and now they're super defensive...

of course the "announcement' about Golden River makes no mention of orphaning blocks and the article they tout was published on a site is actually run by one of the people involved in the coin.

well - they made their bed, now they can lie in it.

all pools including 'hash to coin' which has a multi-pool option is being bitten and bitten hard by this, it's just that hash to coins does not disclose all the orphans unlike other pools - everyone trying to mine this coin is being bitten hard - no one is immune - even the pools dedicate solely to goldcoin. I visited the other "goldcoin dedicated pools" and did screen snaps of the orphan problems before going to them and asking why there were so many orphans.

make no mistake that hash to coin is a multi pool - the option to allow THEM to switch your miners from coin to coin based on profitability is right on their screens.

For the record - SmarterHash has NO SUCH OPTION. If a miner wants to automatically switch their miners from one specific coin to another specific coin they may do so by defining 'rules' under which the switch will occur, but they CANNOT wily nilly say 'switch me to the most profitable coin', because that is idiotic and counter productive and even I know that and don't allow it. There are two reasons I do not allow it:

Reason 1: You wind up hammering a coin and driving up the difficulty and effective leaving the coin crippled for some period of time before the difficulty comes back down
Reason 2: It's counter intuitive to profitable mining. Smart miners KNOW you mine the coin with the least competition in order to mine as many coins as possible. Switching lots of miners to a specific coin only increases network hash, increases competition for coin and reduces your yield.

Our philosophy is responsible mining. Do we seize opportunities to be profitable - you bet we do and it's why I enable people define 'alerts' when their favorite coins have low network hash rates, low difficulty, high values, high yields base don their hash etc. There's nothing irresponsible about that at all. In fact SmarterHash members have been responsible for keeping many coins alive and thriving because everyone else had abandoned the coins and SmarterHash members saw their blocks chains grinding to a screeching halt due to lack of hash (yes we have charts showing Network hash, blocks created, coin value, difficulty etc) and their hash kept the block chains going.

And saying that Hash to coin did not have problems with orhpans on 42 is bullshit - total bullshit, because you'd never know since you cannot see what blocks were orphaned - it's hidden from you. They only show you the blocks that were found AND confirmed. And by the way - that little birdie who said 42 was going to get to over 5 was wrong...very very wrong...LOL By the way - from the time that 'prediction' was made it's dropped from 4.24 down to about 2.4 LOL

My philosophy in SmarterHash is to give miners data and charts and profitability estimates based on real-time clock chain yields, coin value and trends to allow them to make informed decisions.

I believe in giving miners as much information as possible in order for them to be better informed, wiser and make informed decision, not hide the ugly truth about some coins.

Have a Great Day!
smarterhash (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 11:34:03 AM

hdmediaservices

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 01:50:36 PM
Last edit: August 14, 2015, 05:49:11 AM by hdmediaservices

and.......  END OF ADVERTISEMENT.

Here's some soap for your mouth.

smarterhash (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 03:10:58 PM

how to best waste your hashing power....

smarterhash (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 10:03:16 AM

I give GLD a few more days before it's dropped from this pool because it's such a waste of hashing power.

hdmediaservices

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 02:17:25 PM

LOL - such predictions... Oh mining oracle you.

Why do you care?  Is it because they won't let you post your rants in the GLD forum?

Right now (at least when this post was written) is the opportune time to mine it.  The net hash is low, and the pool hash is even lower.  It is also trading low -- so if you hold for a little while it will most likely jump back up and be more profitable.

GLD coin is for those who mine it when no one else is looking.

I wouldn't be surprised if you are just trying to get everyone off GLD so you can secretly mine it yourself.  Otherwise - why bother worrying?  Either that or you are just so upset at the GLD developers that you just want to spend all your time talking about GLD and their orphans on your pool.

akumaburn

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

The Gold Standard of Digital Currency.

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 02:54:48 PM

LOL - such predictions... Oh mining oracle you.

Why do you care?  Is it because they won't let you post your rants in the GLD forum?

Right now (at least when this post was written) is the opportune time to mine it.  The net hash is low, and the pool hash is even lower.  It is also trading low -- so if you hold for a little while it will most likely jump back up and be more profitable.

GLD coin is for those who mine it when no one else is looking.

I wouldn't be surprised if you are just trying to get everyone off GLD so you can secretly mine it yourself.  Otherwise - why bother worrying?  Either that or you are just so upset at the GLD developers that you just want to spend all your time talking about GLD and their orphans on your pool.

Pretty much.

I've already explained all this to smarterhash(on gldtalk none the less).. but he seems to want publicity for his pool or is smearing GLD rather than taking my explanations seriously.

The coin is designed to be very mean to multi-pools/strip/dump miners. You cannot just turn on a ton of hash power and mine GLD super quickly.. it won't let you.. it won't let you make the difficulty rise that way either(it will just orphan blocks-It is DESIGNED to do this.. and it handles it very well).. in order to gain GLD steadily.. you need to mine GLD steadily..

Even if you had a quantum computer that could mine every bitcoin block in a matter of days, you'd still need to wait years to mine all of GLD.. that is because the client throttles the block rate through network time.

If you wish to mine GLD with a lot of hashpower, then you need to mine long enough for difficulty to adjust to see a dramatic drop in orphans.

The client is designed to allow a difficulty rise of ~140% every 60 blocks, or a difficulty fall of ~140% over 60 blocks, with some exceptions built in that allow the difficulty to fall ~40% in a single block if a particular clause is met(to stop the 90% hash power switching attack taking place earlier).

If you wish to view how our golden river difficulty algorithm reacts to hash power changes then I invite you to look at the graphs here:

https://www.gldtalk.org/index.php?topic=3156.msg14189#msg14189

The blue line represents the new algorithm.

Another caveat which I've already mentioned is GLD's sensitivity to network time.. You NEED your system time to be within 45 seconds of network time(or NTP).. or else you will have much difficulty competing.
hdmediaservices

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 04:25:34 PM

Hey Smarterhash -- here is your proof from hash-to-coins.com.  I just mined GLD coin with about 200Mh/s (during my breakfast) when the stats were just right (basically the pool hash rate was a fraction of the total net hash rate).  No Orphans.  I don't think they are going to drop this coin any time soon.

Like I said -- you should mine GLD coin when no one is looking and you will be fine.

smarterhash (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 09:30:11 PM

All unconfirmed everyone knows it takes time for them to be orphaned
hdmediaservices

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 09:46:12 PM

I don't believe that is the case with GLD coin.  I've seen ORPHANs pop up instantly when the defense mechanism switches on.

Regardless, they are almost all confirmed (between 90-100 of the 120 confirmations) -- so I will provide an update shortly -- just for you.

smarterhash (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 10:01:48 PM

Akumaburn

Why don't you share with everyone how many blocks from gold coin has been orphans in the past 24 hours...

Thanks

smarterhash (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 10:03:06 PM

I don't believe that is the case with GLD coin.  I've seen ORPHANs pop up instantly when the defense mechanism switches on.

Regardless, they are almost all confirmed (between 90-100 of the 120 confirmations) -- so I will provide an update shortly -- just for you.

Well that would be great if gold coin actually produced the number of blocks in one day that it advertises
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: