Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 06:37:21 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Four Horsemen of the Financial Apocalypse: Only 4 blockchains shall survive.  (Read 682 times)
americanpegasus (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 01:40:05 AM

There will not be one all-consuming blockchain.  That world doesn't happen.  There will be other blockchains with just as much value as bitcoin.  

That does not mean that your ICanHazCheezburgerCoin is going to make it.  The public simply does not have enough attention or capacity to properly hold 550 blockchains at values in excess of $1 trillion.  There maybe up to 4 multiple cryptocurrencies which all break the $1 trillion marketcap point, but many more may float in the low billions (and all try to claim that they are the next big things) but once the major FOUR are established these will likely hold firm throughout the globe as the standards of value.  

Let's be clear, I'm not a religious nutjob and we're not about to traverse the Timecube.  But instead of a bland topic vaguely suggesting that four shall emerge, let's have a little fun and throw in some mystical symbology from Revelations.  

THE WHITE HORSE
Quote from: Revelation 6:1-2, New American Standard Bible
"Then I saw when the Lamb broke one of the seven seals, and I heard one of the four living creatures saying as with a voice of thunder, “Come.” I looked, and behold, a white horse, and he who sat on it had a bow; and a crown was given to him, and he went out conquering and to conquer."

This is obviously Bitcoin, the original blockchain.  Bitcoin is slowly conquering the world of finance and is paving the way for the other cryptocurrencies.  He is the first horse and will persist as the public ledger of our civilization.    

Bitcoin will likely be the first to pierce the $1 trillion dollar marketcap, as long as its current turmoils don't rip it asunder.  

THE RED HORSE  
Quote from: Revelation 6:3-4, New American Standard Bible
When He broke the second seal, I heard the second living creature saying, “Come.” And another, a red horse, went out; and to him who sat on it, it was granted to take peace from the earth, and that men would slay one another; and a great sword was given to him.

The first horseman is white, bright, and clearly fears nothing.  This represents the public dealings of entities making transactions without fear of scrutiny.  But we all know that reality is much more deceptive than that.  There needs to exist a public and private ledger because both business and governments need to be able to do dealings in secret, away from prying eyes.  

As you know, I propose that Monero will be the private ledger of the world giving free access to money to all.  I also propose the the violent images in this example are violent only towards the current financial system.  If you are an entity who's existence depends on manipulating the value of fake fiat money, then Monero very much will appear as a Red Horseman of War riding straight at you!  

Bitcoin was the initial conquerer, but make no mistake: Monero is the sword by which the current financial system will be executed.  It is the first global financial ledger which meets all the requirements of money and allows private and instant transactions between anyone on the planet.  

THE BLACK HORSE
Quote from: Revelation 6:5-6, New American Standard Bible
When He broke the third seal, I heard the third living creature saying, “Come.” I looked, and behold, a black horse; and he who sat on it had a pair of scales in his hand. And I heard something like a voice in the center of the four living creatures saying, “A quart of wheat for a denarius, and three quarts of barley for a denarius; but do not damage the oil and the wine.”

Think about what this verse is saying: it is describing a time of great economic devastation where people will be scraping even to afford essentials.  This is the transactional blockchain upon which most day-to-day finance will take place.  Bitcoin is public.  Monero is private.  And *this* one just needs to be fast and have enough divisibility so that people can buy their everyday goods with it.  

I had hoped that certain promising technologies we are seeing lately were attacking this problem, but alas they are looking more and more like a flawed implementations.  So the jury is still out: which blockchain will arise and become the ledger that will consume our day-to-day purchases where privacy and security aren't as important?  Monero might be able to handle this, but it will be unlikely in its current implementation. As global private cash where you can wait a few minutes for confirmation it works wonderfully.... but any confirmation time above instant isn't good enough to buy coffee with.  On the flip side, if someone double-spends then the vendor is out at most the price of a latte so perhaps security doesn't need to be as rigid with this blockchain.  

THE PALE HORSE
Quote from: Revelation 6:7-8, New American Standard Bible
When the Lamb broke the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature saying, “Come.” I looked, and behold, an ashen horse; and he who sat on it had the name Death; and Hades was following with him. Authority was given to them over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword and with famine and with pestilence and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Now shits getting real!  This is apparently right at the start of the financial apocalypse because there is some pretty grave imagery here!  Whatever this fourth blockchain is, it represents the final death of the financial sector as we know it.  Is this the long-awaited blockchain that will be started by a collaboration in the banking sector?  Is this the first fair programmable blockchain?  There are a lot of possibilities!  Your guess is as good as mine and I'd love to hear your speculation.  

Let's finish out the chapter by finding out what happens to the remnants of the financial system once the world has equal access to money:  

And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

Translation: Don't worry about the wealth that has been stolen from you your entire life, nor your losses speculating in cryptocurrency: everything is about to come full circle.

And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellow servants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

It's like your own little golden parachute.  Hang in there a little longer, and don't worry about money.  The money the world runs on is corrupt and about to come to a climactic end.  Be patient.  

And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood; And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

At last the financial calamity is here and it is horrific.  Mountains are moved!  What is a mountain?  A large and indestructible thing, right?  But not anymore!  What financial "mountains" do we know?  Hmmm.... maybe JP Morgan?  Or the Federal Reserve?  Surely those are indestructible mountains right?  Well... apparently not anymore.  Listen to the imagery as "the stars fall to the earth" and we see every financial asset in freefall.

And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains; And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

Listen to who is scared shitless about what is happening.  Not the computer scientists, or the industrious labor force.... the kings, the rich men, and every bondman.  Why?  The precious 'money' they have based their livelyhood on has just evaporated!  They hide under the shadows of the "mountains" and beg those mountains to hide them from the calamity, but it is too late: the great day of financial wrath has come and who shall be able to stand?  

Y'all better get your white robe while they are on sale.   Wink  

See, and you thought church wasn't fun.  Cheesy

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2015, 01:48:15 AM

another pump thread for a spam and dead monero

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
P-Funk

Activity: 360
Merit: 250

Token

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 05:33:51 AM

Haha this thread is too good to let it die.
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2015, 06:06:05 AM

another pump thread for a spam and dead monero

Not quite as dead as your rep score. Two more negative points and you'll be six feet under. Maybe Pegasus will be kind enough to raise you from the dead when the chosen few inherit the (crypto) kingdom.

iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2015, 06:36:34 AM

Negativity will survive by offering a unique reward structure that becomes more useful the longer it goes

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1149892

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: