Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 02:44:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: RALLY!!!  (Read 9764 times)
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2012, 05:52:58 AM
Last edit: October 05, 2012, 06:06:17 AM by adamstgBit

Does anyone have data on selling when prices reach a new whole number in USD?

sry,
whole numbers are meaningless...
their is no magical indicator that will let you know when to sell or buy.

Yuhfhrh

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 05:58:39 AM

sry,
their is no magical indicator, that will let you know when to sell or buy.

Yes there is, all you have to do is look into my crystal ball...
adamstgBit
Legendary

Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2012, 06:09:13 AM

Roll Eyes

i suggest you watch the "Wall Observer - MtGoxUSD wall movement tracker" for bold price movement prediction.

then again, that may not the best idea...  Cheesy

I've been predicting a "plunge". IMO we are looking at months of trading in the teens and then a slow down trend that will inevitably led to a less then spectacular crash to <10$ ...

good luck!

pretendo

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 06:13:53 AM

sry,
their is no magical indicator that will let you know when to sell or buy.

No shit, I understand EMH, but the bitcoin market is not efficient like "real" financial markets are.
sunnankar
Legendary

Activity: 1031
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2012, 06:21:35 AM

No shit, I understand EMH, but the bitcoin market is not efficient like "real" financial markets are.

EMH is a bunch of crap due to asymmetrical knowledge and information.

pretendo

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 08:51:04 AM

Yeah, every market participant doesn't need identical information for markets to be efficient, not even sure how you arrived at that conclusion.
notme
Legendary

Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 03:07:40 PM

Yeah, every market participant doesn't need identical information for markets to be efficient, not even sure how you arrived at that conclusion.

No, but every piece of information has to meet a certain threshold of opposing parties who are aware of it for a market to be efficient.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
pretendo

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 10:10:11 PM

Wrong again. You can make "wrong" movies with wrong information and the market won't be less efficient. It does not take two to tango.
notme
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 10:18:54 PM

Wrong again. You can make "wrong" movies with wrong information and the market won't be less efficient. It does not take two to tango.

Your statement 'You can make "wrong" movies with wrong information and the market won't be less efficient' is not the same as my thesis that every bit of information must be known by opposing forces in order for the market to be efficient.  If my condition is broken, then the sole party with the true information can use exactly the tactic you describe to break the efficiency.  They purposely let the price deviate from it's true value in order to gather money from suckers.  I'll give you that the break is temporary because they have to take profits at some point, so sure, all markets are "eventually" efficient.

pretendo

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 11:01:06 PM

Maybe you have a private definition of efficient, but it seems like you're arguing something else. At any given moment, a financial instrument's price takes into account all publicly available information, and if there is a large amount of insider trading, privately available. Prices change cannot be predicted by looking at historical price data.
notme
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 04:44:03 PM

Maybe you have a private definition of efficient, but it seems like you're arguing something else. At any given moment, a financial instrument's price takes into account all publicly available information, and if there is a large amount of insider trading, privately available. Prices change cannot be predicted by looking at historical price data.

Well I've given clear definitions for my claims.  You however seem to only be able to argue against claims I'm not making.  I never said anything about predicting future prices.

mobodick

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 08:15:17 PM

lol at the selloff...
jimbobway
Legendary

Activity: 1304
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 18, 2012, 09:18:04 PM

Time for a rally...
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1015

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2012, 12:11:09 AM

Your statement 'You can make "wrong" movies with wrong information and the market won't be less efficient' is not the same as my thesis that every bit of information must be known by opposing forces in order for the market to be efficient.  If my condition is broken, then the sole party with the true information can use exactly the tactic you describe to break the efficiency.  They purposely let the price deviate from it's true value in order to gather money from suckers.  I'll give you that the break is temporary because they have to take profits at some point, so sure, all markets are "eventually" efficient.

They would have to know the info and know that no one else can get the info and use it to make money by being less greedy.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
naima53

Activity: 616
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 01:05:01 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8hNoTkX0Vk#t=0m54s
 Cheesy

Donate me) 16f6iWHHkVEnDReeBQPT9GwCNwUfPTXrp2
notme
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 02:11:03 AM

Nothing I wasn't used to seeing... until he shot out over his neighbors' houses.

naima53

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 05:40:33 PM

Nothing I wasn't used to seeing... until he shot out over his neighbors' houses.
He cleverly recharges. Undecided After adding the gunpowder, he throws cow manure and press a long metal rod. Showing everyone what he wants to do. As if the hints. And it's no longer a secret. though.  Tongue

notme
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 12:38:47 AM

He cleverly recharges. Undecided After adding the gunpowder, he throws cow manure and press a long metal rod. Showing everyone what he wants to do. As if the hints. And it's no longer a secret. though.  Tongue

lolwut

naima53

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 06:47:38 PM

lolwut

phatsphere

Activity: 763
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 11, 2013, 12:25:59 AM