Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 08:37:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to take out a bitcoin loan....the pro version.  (Read 1023 times)
Bitcoin Oz (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2012, 02:26:36 PM

1.Issue bonds on a bitcoin stock market for a fixed mh/s "mining bond"
2.Gather bitcoins.
3. Dont actually buy hardware with it  just pay the 1mh/s value to bondholders.
4.Pray to god difficulty rises really fast.
5. If you judge right you may never have to pay back the principal because the difficulty is too damn high.
6. Hopefully the price crashes really low.
7. The current price and all the dividends you have paid dont even cover the principal you borrowed.
8. You still have 20-30% of the amount raised and bondholders have worthless bonds.
9. $$PROFIT.

*may or may not be based on actual events.

TheBible

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 10:32:15 AM

1.  Take out loan.
2.  Change forum name.
3.  Repeat.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 02:02:09 PM

If there are "investors" in their own mind and "bankers" in their own mind willing to go into these arrangements, what could possibly stop the pros?

There's a reason people pay for the services of a fund manager IRL. That reason is that IRL people are aware of and submit to the cold reality of their own stupidity: they know and accept they are too stupid to manage money. That knowledge and acceptance has been earned with many tears and plenty of bleeding.

Seems people want to start over in BTC. After all, it's a totally new wheel, right?

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2012, 07:09:32 AM

I was going to do what you suggested so I tried to log on to GLBSE to get the ball rolling and found this:

For those worried about their bitcoin, please calm yourselves there has been no hack and your coins are safe and all accounted for.

I apologize for the lack of notice and the downtime, but there isn't much choice. We will update our users on Saturday.

Drat!  How am I going to do the pro version you suggested now?

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 11:30:24 AM

Think laterally and exploit the gap in the market by cobbling together a new exchange for junk securities before Saturday.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Bitcoin Oz (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2012, 11:34:29 AM

Think laterally and exploit the gap in the market by cobbling together a new exchange for junk securities before Saturday.

Sure. Or just use cryptostocks.

When you think about it its less risky to take  a loan like tis than simply borrowing bitcoins without the difficulty hedge.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: