Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:24:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need brainwallet php script  (Read 1178 times)
JetRX (OP)

Activity: 57
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2015, 07:32:52 AM

I need to get out of my Passphrase:
1. Private Key
2. Address

There is a script for php?

— ApsMoney.com - Oбмeн Bitcoin, PM, Payeer,BTC-e, Пpивaт24
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kazimir
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 11:37:31 AM

Are you sure you would prefer a typical server-side solution (php) for something that can also be done client-side (javascript) ?

BitcoinJs works well for this, and allows you to do it completely locally & offline.

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob
coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1179

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2015, 11:41:52 AM

Are you sure you would prefer a typical server-side solution (php) for something that can also be done client-side (javascript) ?

BitcoinJs works well for this, and allows you to do it completely locally & offline.

Agreed, why does it have to be PHP?
You can get the JS brainwallet code as it is still available on github from previous commits.
https://github.com/brainwallet/brainwallet.github.io/commit/fa462be9af74da30ae7e78203c11b94a0f887539

fbueller

Activity: 412
Merit: 266

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 12:36:29 PM

JetRX: Depending on what passphrase you mean, try out https://github.com/Bit-Wasp/bitcoin-php. It's in composer too.

Some of the examples may be out of date, but an IDE will have you coding in no time.

Kazimir: Do you use electrum? That's python.. but on the client-side.

Bitwasp Developer.
AccountStore.biz

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 03:12:34 PM

Important detail: what website/tool did you use to create the brainwallet? if it was brainwallet.org, use the github link posted above. The problem is there is no standardization for brainwallets, each tool works differently, some tools will give a different address + private key for the same brainwallet phrase.
Kazimir
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 07:39:15 PM

By far the most common is to use this as your brainwallet:

private key = Sha256(passphrase)

This is also what brainwallet.org did.

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob
hexafraction

Activity: 392
Merit: 259

Tips welcomed: 1CF4GhXX1RhCaGzWztgE1YZZUcSpoqTbsJ

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 10:27:14 PM

That's insecure. For new brainwallet applications:

1) Consider if a brainwallet is truly necessary. If not, use more secure means. If it is, go to step 2.
2) Use a "slower" key stretching function with multiple rounds (to prevent brute force attacks), and use a long and secure passphrase.

I have recently become active again after a long period of inactivity. Cryptographic proof that my account has not been compromised is available.
coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1179

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2015, 10:28:08 PM

I think it would be worth noting that simply a sha256 hash of a passphrase or word will not produce a user-friendly bitcoin private key, it would have to then be converted to WIF.

http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/8247/how-can-i-convert-a-sha256-hash-into-a-bitcoin-base58-private-key

tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1076

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 09:10:42 AM

I almost never use php myself, I'm more of a python/javascript/perl/bash person, but I just have to point out for the record that you can run php in a terminal as a simple executable.  Just put it on your $PATH and call "php" with your php file as the first argument.  Say this is your file hello.php:

Code:
<?php

echo "hello, world";
?>

Code:
$ php hello.php
hello, world
$

@OP, I hope anyone playing with brainwallets knows about this:
http://www.wired.com/2015/07/brainflayer-password-cracker-steals-bitcoins-brain/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: