Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:23:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Escrow with a person. Contact me if you need to make a trade. FREE!  (Read 2163 times)
Alaron (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 03:32:15 AM

Hi there bitcoin community. I've only been into bitcoining for a few weeks now, and I must say I've very happy and disappointed at the same time. I'm happy because I think this type of system has huge potential, but that potential is going to be slow coming if the scammers continue to riffle through our wallets. I've been scammed (not for a lot) since joining , and it's made me very aprehensive to trade or do anything with the bitcoins I'm earning, through mining.

So what solutions do I have? I know I've seen the web sites like Clearcoin that offer a type of "Escrow" service, but to me it's not enough. I would like a middle person (being pc) or at least someone I can communicate with that at least understands the transaction. It might not be speedy but I want to know that I have some way to at least voice a dispute and have someone hear it.

So my solution : I'm not trying to compete with Clearcoin or other escrow services because I feel what they are offering is different. They are offering a quick automated service. I would like to offer my services as a former Escrow analyst, with a personal touch if you will. I can help you make that transaction safer and secure(r).  I will try and help out if problems arise. 

If you want to make a trade and want someone to act as escrow , contact me. I'll be more than willing to help free of charge. Why? Because I realize any type of escrow is built on trust and I would like to build the communities trust in me. This might not be as fast as automated systems, but hopefully it leaves you with a great sense of security.

Hopefully I can help some of you with your transactions soon! (Donations accepted, but not required)  -  1L1UZHetApfPuog64NJCFKwfg3iZnR2wNg

Thank You

P.S. I understand the apprehension that some people would have to use someone relatively new to the community, but I have to start somewhere. So I would appreciate it if people who do complete transactions through me would post on here afterwards.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nanotube

Activity: 482
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2011, 03:38:11 AM

the key attribute of an escrow agent is trustworthiness - both buyer and seller have to trust the escrow party not to walk away with the funds.

being a relative newcomer to the bitcoin community... you probably won't score all that much trustworthiness Smiley

Join #bitcoin-market on freenode for real-time market updates.
Join #bitcoin-otc - an over-the-counter trading market. http://bitcoin-otc.com
OTC web of trust: http://bitcoin-otc.com/trust.php
My trust rating: http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=nanotube
Alaron (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 03:44:16 AM

the key attribute of an escrow agent is trustworthiness - both buyer and seller have to trust the escrow party not to walk away with the funds.

being a relative newcomer to the bitcoin community... you probably won't score all that much trustworthiness Smiley

I totally understand that. I just need to start somewhere, I figure I'd give it a shot.  I will be upfront and honest, and hopefully people will respect that.
Garrett Burgwardt

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 03:45:26 AM

I totally understand that. I just need to start somewhere, I figure I'd give it a shot.  I will be upfront and honest, and hopefully people will respect that.

Do some trades for btc and other things to raise your rating. #bitcoin-otc is a good place to get rated, then people will know you're trustworthy Smiley
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 09:08:33 PM

I would like to offer my services as a former Escrow analyst, with a personal touch if you will. I can help you make that transaction safer and secure(r).  I will try and help out if problems arise.  

If you want to make a trade and want someone to act as escrow , contact me. I'll be more than willing to help free of charge. Why? Because I realize any type of escrow is built on trust and I would like to build the communities trust in me. This might not be as fast as automated systems, but hopefully it leaves you with a great sense of security.

Now that ClearCoin is closed to new listings, there is opportunity for this type of service.

If you are serious about doing this then there are a few steps you likely want to take.

1.) Identity and experience
When ClearCoin launched, the operator -- already a trusted member of the community, shared full identity.  Few will trust an escrow partner without this information.

Also, getting registered on the OTC web of trust (OTC WoT) and using that as part of your business might likely be the only "marketing" you need to do to get started.
  - http://bitcoin-otc.com/trust.php

2.) Services and Fees
Nobody expects this type of service to be free.  List what services you offer, the terms (including dispute resolution handling and limits) and fees.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █