Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:57:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Satoshi in MS office example pic  (Read 1227 times)
turvarya

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 08:31:10 AM

So it appears Satoshi hasn't disappeared after all. see 3rd pic in link below.

https://blogs.office.com/2015/08/12/new-outlook-partner-add-ins-and-expanded-rollout-of-outlook-com-preview/

Still sending emails from his gmx.com account and all.  Wink

Kinda strange that Microsoft would use an example image like that one. Thought I'd just post it here for fun.

He/She/They no longer control that address.

It was hacked a while back, I dont think much useful info came of it though.  Strange though that "he" has been able to secure his identity, and seemingly not care that "he" has millions of btc just kicking around, but he couldnt secure an email address...

Maybe it wasn't secure because he abandoned the email address and every hint towards him long before it was hacked? He didn't change password anymore after all.
As far as I remember, someone used the password recovery-function, which required to guess the birthdate and someone just brute forced it.
Actually, what Satoshi did, was pretty smart. He just abandoned every account that was linked to his fake persona since they didn't have any link to his real identity anyways.

https://forum.bitcoin.com/
New censorship-free forum by Roger Ver. Try it out.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1076

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 08:46:52 AM

Ok, as others have said, it's clearly false.  Nevertheless, it is pretty funny and a cute nod to bitcoin.  Also, nice catch to the person that pointed out that Gavin isn't spelled right.

I'm glad I saw this thread, made me smile!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: