Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 08:05:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: So when is the next Spike ?  (Read 1774 times)
illyiller

Activity: 697
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 07:46:19 PM

No more spikes i guess. We need a big manipulator for a huge spike like 2 years ago, and unless some big exchange does what gox did, we won't see it coming.

Is this really the consensus around here? That "Willy" is responsible for the 2013 bull run? Honestly, anyone who believes that must have been completely ignoring Chinese exchanges. They were clearly fueling the rally, primarily. There may have been some feedback loop with the western exchanges but..... "Willy caused the bubble"? LOL, please.
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 09:04:40 PM

No more spikes i guess. We need a big manipulator for a huge spike like 2 years ago, and unless some big exchange does what gox did, we won't see it coming.

Is this really the consensus around here? That "Willy" is responsible for the 2013 bull run? Honestly, anyone who believes that must have been completely ignoring Chinese exchanges. They were clearly fueling the rally, primarily. There may have been some feedback loop with the western exchanges but..... "Willy caused the bubble"? LOL, please.

There's no doubt that willy bot from mt.gox helped fuel the spike, but without investor interest, prices would never reach such highs on all exchanges,
and the price now wouldn't be 250-300 $ but rather just a few bucks..

cheers
tabnloz
Legendary

Activity: 961

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 04:56:54 AM

Just wait until another 2008.

You won't have time to buy in though.. it will be moon bound in mintues.. legit.. minutes.

I agree, but not minutes  Grin .I see bitcoin as getting its mainstream foothold as a crisis SoV asset.

When 2008 Redux comes along, initially i think bitcoin will sink like everything else.

But, if this crisis is a sovereign debt crisis where governments are going bankrupt (which it will be; all the debts of the financial institutions in 2008 were transferred to the publics (govt) balance sheet), then the assets that rise from the ashes first will be private assets (gold, bitcoin, etc etc).

Andy4.4

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 05:28:15 AM

Just keep collecting your coins.
I think that next spike will be near the time of halving in July 2016.
Till then, I don't think that any spike can take place.
illyiller

Activity: 697
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 09:43:45 AM

Just wait until another 2008.

You won't have time to buy in though.. it will be moon bound in mintues.. legit.. minutes.

Potentially. Way down the road. Bitcoin needs to establish itself more IMO to be considered a real store of value. It has a tiny market cap, a tiny history, very volatile..... if a major economic crisis happened today, people would be flocking to much less risky assets than bitcoin. Down the road, that may be a different story. The protocol is sound, but let's not go overboard.....
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 10:50:21 AM

that's the thing. people don't have the patience to wait for the block halving to take place. they want profit right now, and not next year.
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 04:18:58 AM

that's the thing. people don't have the patience to wait for the block halving to take place. they want profit right now, and not next year.

Why it will raise only in july 2016? any strong reason?

I think it will move up only when more businesses will start accepting bitcoin as a payment option.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 04:27:17 AM

Why it will raise only in july 2016? any strong reason?

I think it will move up only when more businesses will start accepting bitcoin as a payment option.
When more well known businesses accept it, it will be a good talking point for us but unless they offer discounts for paying w/ bitcoin then there won't be much traction for it. Whatever creates demand for bitooin will add more life to it - especially more legit and secured trading exchanges for institutional investors as well as the Winks' ETF that will allow hedge funds and other brokers to allow their clients decent exposure to it w/ security at a premium in the deal. Heck, I talked to a trader on the Chicago exchange tonight and he had no clue how to even get bitcoins tonight to which I gave him several options. Professional people have heard of the coin in a seed form so this is what we hope to sow and grow going forward. Once the real bull market begins, these types w/ money will be tripping over each other to get their feet wet and then some, especially when other markets are spiraling into the abyss.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: