Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 03:19:53 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin's Long Tail  (Read 1037 times)
farting_shot (OP)

Activity: 318
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 06:18:11 PM

For those of you who don't know what "Long tail" is:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_tail

Anyhow, I'm thinking how btc has played out so far and it seems to me we may not be at the ground floor any more. S. Nakamoto initially published his original paper late 2009. It's been almost 6 freaking years. In this day and age, especially in tech industry, SIX years is a long time. Furthermore, something like 75% of all bitcoins have been mined. Maybe it's time we looked at our situation a bit more carefully.

Adoption-wise, we are at less than 0.01% of the world's population. Many people are waiting for a "mass adoption." Well, it hasn't happened in 6 years and I'm not so sure the earthlings will adopt bitcoin any time soon.

What do you think?
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 06:26:26 PM

For bitcoin to gain trust by the mainstream it will take years. Much more than just 6.

Alley
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 06:28:00 PM

I think you should not say "we" like you are a fellow bitcoin enthusiast.  You are a troll, remember?
farting_shot (OP)

Activity: 318
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 07:08:23 PM

I think you should not say "we" like you are a fellow bitcoin enthusiast.  You are a troll, remember?

So, because I'm not a rah-rah cheerleader for bitcoin, I must be a troll??? Even for your dim brain, I expected more.

The sheep herd mentality in this forum is simply astounding. No dissenting voices allowed. How fascistic!

rjclarke2000
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1016

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 07:16:51 PM

So, because I'm not a rah-rah cheerleader for bitcoin, I must be a troll??? Even for your dim brain, I expected more.

The sheep herd mentality in this forum is simply astounding. No dissenting voices allowed. How fascistic!

Well you posted this recently ..........

As a noob, you are a lunch meat to the early adopters, whales and manipulators in the market. Since it sounds like you've bought some coins, you have my sympathy. Now, sell your coins and try to recoup as much as you can, while you can. Bitcoin is a Ponzi scheme. If you stick around, your coins will become worthless. Btc has lost 80% of its value since Dec'2013. Recently, some of the early adopters, whales and schemers tried to stop the decline but they have largely failed. The longer you hold your coins, the more you will lose. Don't be their bag holder. They have lured in countless others with false promises. Their words have proven to be false; "To Da Moon!", "1 BTC to be worth 1 Million $!!!", etc... All pump'n dump, putrid hyped up marketing. Don't be holding their bag.

not a troll??

ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 07:22:14 PM

Bitcoin adoption and worldwide spread and trending is something that can be caused by a single bitcoin related business, service app, and so on.
Just like it was the case with silk road before, numbers can climb unrealistically high in a few days, all you need is one related thing to get "hot", and we're back at ATH.
Seams you like to think negative a lot; lost much in 2013' - 2014' ?

cheers
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 07:28:41 PM

I agree in a thin market the heat can get intense real quick,  in both directions that is.
But after 6 years of drama I think most of us will be a bit more careful which could negate this effect.

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
Coinshot

Activity: 521
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 07:48:03 PM

How is that trolling?  If early adopters became rich, where did their money come from, if not from the marks  greater fools  latecomers?

The fact that early adopters earned a nice sum should not make you believe that it's unfair to the rest of the later adopters.
The reason for this is the fact how the risk of bitcoin failing was much greater at the time, than it is now, when many people know about it, and many services
accept it, even some of the top brands, which was highly unlikely in the past.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 08:34:51 PM

I agree in a thin market the heat can get intense real quick,  in both directions that is.
But after 6 years of drama I think most of us will be a bit more careful which could negate this effect.

for once i do agree with what you say. people should always be careful when there is money involved. especially with bitcoin as it is still very volatile.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 08:35:58 PM

people do not accept change very quickly nor easily.

Bitcoin offers a lot of change to those who want to accept it.

Old banking systems were obsolete the day that bitcoin was thought up and put into code and run.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

premium_domainer
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1012

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 07:28:13 AM

Bitcoin is the Next Generation money. So it's tough to settle in this generation.

| 500+ Premium Crypto domains for sale | CryptoMagazine.org | Advertise in my Signature for free by PM'ing me | BitcoinsChannel.com | CryptoUniversity.org  | Are you able to see this?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: