Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:27:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ISIS Enshrines a Theology of Rape  (Read 1145 times)
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 08:38:19 PM

QADIYA, Iraq — In the moments before he raped the 12-year-old girl, the Islamic State fighter took the time to explain that what he was about to do was not a sin. Because the preteen girl practiced a religion other than Islam, the Quran not only gave him the right to rape her — it condoned and encouraged it, he insisted.

He bound her hands and gagged her. Then he knelt beside the bed and prostrated himself in prayer before getting on top of her.

When it was over, he knelt to pray again, bookending the rape with acts of religious devotion.

“I kept telling him it hurts — please stop,” said the girl, whose body is so small an adult could circle her waist with two hands. “He told me that according to Islam he is allowed to rape an unbeliever. He said that by raping me, he is drawing closer to God,” she said in an interview alongside her family in a refugee camp here, to which she escaped after 11 months of captivity.

The systematic rape of women and girls from the Yazidi religious minority has become deeply enmeshed in the organization and the radical theology of the Islamic State in the year since the group announced it was reviving slavery as an institution. Interviews with 21 women and girls who recently escaped the Islamic State, as well as an examination of the group’s official communications, illuminate how the practice has been enshrined in the group’s core tenets.

The systematic rape of women and girls from the Yazidi religious minority has become deeply enmeshed in the organization and the radical theology of the Islamic State in the year since the group announced it was reviving slavery as an institution. Interviews with 21 women and girls who recently escaped the Islamic State, as well as an examination of the group’s official communications, illuminate how the practice has been enshrined in the group’s core tenets.

The trade in Yazidi women and girls has created a persistent infrastructure, with a network of warehouses where the victims are held, viewing rooms where they are inspected and marketed, and a dedicated fleet of buses used to transport them.

A total of 5,270 Yazidis were abducted last year, and at least 3,144 are still being held, according to community leaders. To handle them, the Islamic State has developed a detailed bureaucracy of sex slavery, including sales contracts notarized by the ISIS-run Islamic courts. And the practice has become an established recruiting tool to lure men from deeply conservative Muslim societies, where casual sex is taboo and dating is forbidden.

A growing body of internal policy memos and theological discussions has established guidelines for slavery, including a lengthy how-to manual issued by the Islamic State Research and Fatwa Department just last month. Repeatedly, the ISIS leadership has emphasized a narrow and selective reading of the Quran and other religious rulings to not only justify violence, but also to elevate and celebrate each sexual assault as spiritually beneficial, even virtuous.

“Every time that he came to rape me, he would pray,” said F, a 15-year-old girl who was captured on the shoulder of Mount Sinjar one year ago and was sold to an Iraqi fighter in his 20s. Like some others interviewed by The New York Times, she wanted to be identified only by her first initial because of the shame associated with rape.

“He kept telling me this is ibadah,” she said, using a term from Islamic scripture meaning worship.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/14/world/middleeast/isis-enshrines-a-theology-of-rape.html?_r=3&utm_source=social&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=prbuexperts

-----------------------------------------
Difficult to read.

"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 07:53:28 AM

Yazidis are targeted because they are not a "people of the book" unlike the Christians and the Jews. The latter groups can make a payment of Jizya and live without any fear in the ISIS territory. They are raped only if the payment is not made. For the Yazidis, there is no such option.

And the evangelical Christians are even worse than the ISIS. They are making use of this opportunity to convert the Yazidis.

http://shoebat.com/2015/06/11/christian-aid-organizations-are-converting-yezidis-to-jesus-but-yezidi-politicians-are-up-in-arms-since-they-prefer-that-they-worship-the-devil-instead/
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 12:12:12 PM

Yazidis are targeted because they are not a "people of the book" unlike the Christians and the Jews. The latter groups can make a payment of Jizya and live without any fear in the ISIS territory. They are raped only if the payment is not made. For the Yazidis, there is no such option.

And the evangelical Christians are even worse than the ISIS. They are making use of this opportunity to convert the Yazidis.

http://shoebat.com/2015/06/11/christian-aid-organizations-are-converting-yezidis-to-jesus-but-yezidi-politicians-are-up-in-arms-since-they-prefer-that-they-worship-the-devil-instead/

Let's parse your assertion, shall we?  Bible thumpers who give out bibles and try to convert are worse than systematic rapists.

Well, that's certainly interesting.....

Of course, if they were able to "say they were christians" they might slightly fare better, right?
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 03:38:56 PM

CNN’s Cuomo Asks Whether ISIS Sex Slave Story Feeds Negative Stereotypes

During a segment on the recent New York Times piece detailing the systematic and ideological slavery and rape perpetuated on thousands of young girls by ISIS soldiers, CNN host Chris Cuomo wondered whether the story might feed negative stereotypes about Islam.

“Let’s finish this part of the discussion on a point that you feel often needs to be made,” Cuomo said to Muslim woman’s rights activist Qanta Ahmed. “This feeds the impression that these Muslims are animals, savages and their faith makes them that way.”

“And it feeds an impression of what Islam is,” he continued. “What is your response to that?”

Ahmed didn’t seem overly concerned about the point Cuomo raised, and instead strongly critiqued radical Islam. “This is Islamism at work,” she said. “We’ve talked a lot about this on this show. Islamism is totalitarianism… totalitarianism, that means absolute domination of the self.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2rcQ-S_xbE

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 04:59:25 AM

Let's parse your assertion, shall we?  Bible thumpers who give out bibles and try to convert are worse than systematic rapists.

Bible thumpers encourage the ISIS to rape the Yazidis, so that they could get more converts. Here are some of the examples of the "humanitarian work" by the American evangelicals:

1. During the Indian Ocean Tsunami of 2004, the evangelical charities refused to help the victims unless they convert to Christianity first.

2. During the Nepal earthquake, the evangelicals sent bibles to Nepal, despite the request by the government to send relief materials.

3. During the Sri Lankan civil war, the evangelicals refused to provide relief materials to anyone who refuses to dump Hinduism / Islam.

People are slowly realizing that the Evangelicals are like a plague. Check this:

http://www.thenewsminute.com/article/muslims-nepal-ask-hindu-nation-say-no-secularism-33143
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 10:44:58 AM

ISIS is extremely inhumane and barbaric terrorist of organizations, and has nothing to do with any religion.
All their members are brainwashed to believe that their actions are justified but, of course, it's not true.
History has shown how easy it is to manipulate people in the name of religion or the state to make the horrendous crimes.
The Nazis in Germany 1941-45 appear to be the best comparison.
It's amazing how great may be human stupidity and hatred.
We must stop such evil, as soon as possible.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 02:32:42 PM

ISIS is extremely inhumane and barbaric terrorist of organizations, and has nothing to do with any religion.
All their members are brainwashed to believe that their actions are justified but, of course, it's not true.
History has shown how easy it is to manipulate people in the name of religion or the state to make the horrendous crimes.

And who is "We"?

MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 02:36:41 PM

We can't.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2015, 03:21:51 PM

I wonder why we never hear feminists talking about this rape culture.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 03:37:03 PM

I gave up posting massacres of gays and women in "some specific cultures". We know we have strong gay and strong feminist rights defenders here on this forum. I am not gay nor a defender of 3rd wave feminism. But I realized it is the better to ignore and let them die policy that suits them the best.

They. Just. Don't. Care.

Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 03:37:08 PM

And who is "We"?

''We'' are normal, civilized people which understand what is evil and we oppose its expansion.
As individuals we can't do much but we can put pressure on our governments to be more actively involved in the fight against this barbarism and senseless violence.
When we create a critical mass of people who are looking for concrete action, things will begin to change for the better, no doubt about it Smiley

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
bitcollins85

Activity: 235
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 09:32:10 PM

Still reeling after reading that story. It's stories like these that just make me wish we'd just drop a giant nuke on them.
Sourgummies

Activity: 728

Never ending parties are what Im into.

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 09:39:58 PM

Think most Western movements concentrate on the backyard because the farther they move from there the more push back they receive.
Start at the grass roots build the strongest base before you aim for big targets. We still have issues with sexuality in the West that make things
hard to move forward with. Take Bill Cosby for example I guess.

Rather see movements work from what they know,rather then jump in a culture dynamic that could make things tricky.
Feel the same way about feeding third world countries when we have starving kids in our own streets.

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 12:11:14 AM

Think most Western movements concentrate on the backyard because the farther they move from there the more push back they receive.
Start at the grass roots build the strongest base before you aim for big targets. We still have issues with sexuality in the West that make things

Rather see movements work from what they know,rather then jump in a culture dynamic that could make things tricky.
Feel the same way about feeding third world countries when we have starving kids in our own streets.

That's a poor excuse to NEVER talk about them. The so called sisters and brothers of the western movements...

Sourgummies

Activity: 728

Never ending parties are what Im into.

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 02:13:21 AM

That's a poor excuse to NEVER talk about them. The so called sisters and brothers of the western movements...

Hoping you are talking about my first point.  Its the reason I hear many groups take.  The idea is you lead by example and then have something to point to. When we talk about the middle east, it really could be a multiple of things. Not saying this is a good thing.
Might also be so obvious that most people would be against it, they feel speaking on it would look off. Who knows!
zenitzz

Activity: 560

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 09:17:11 AM

ISIS justification of rape leaves me sickened , outrage beyond words and This is so nauseating, so repugnant, so perverse, so mad, so evil...like many millions, I have no words.
xmaxbit

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 10:03:21 AM

ISIS justification of rape leaves me sickened , outrage beyond words and This is so nauseating, so repugnant, so perverse, so mad, so evil...like many millions, I have no words.

ISIS has nothing to do with islam , if they knew its meaning they hadn't done it ever. ISIS should be destroyed asap to avoid further losses.
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 10:22:35 AM

It is not just rape, it is sexual slavery.
Something which shouldn't exist in the 21st century.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 01:06:54 PM

ISIS has nothing to do with islam , if they knew its meaning they hadn't done it ever. ISIS should be destroyed asap to avoid further losses.

If ISIS has nothing to do with Islam, then the Pope will have nothing to do with Catholicism.

The fight against ISIS can't be won by sweeping the facts under the rug. ISIS is an Islamic entity, and the Muslim leaders should take the initiative to prevent the youth in their respective regions from getting recruited in to the terrorist group.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 02:23:55 PM

How many Christians, Buddhists, Jews, Indus, etc... fight under isis' black flag? Simple question. Simple answer.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: