Bitcoin Forum
June 13, 2024, 01:36:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How many of you are living just with Bitcoin?  (Read 1201 times)
Blawpaw (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 09:53:12 PM
Last edit: August 13, 2015, 10:09:24 PM by Blawpaw

I have been around in the space for more than 3 years now. And now I can surely say that I can live using just bitcoin.

3 years ago it was almost unthinkable to get a Mastercard recharged with bitcoin. Well now, there are several companies offering this type of card. Even though, there are fees tied to the whole process, that up until now kept me uncomfortable in doing so, I finally decided to get one!

Now I have my prepaid card and I can use it anywhere in the world simply by reloading it with bitcoin.

Even if it is paying for what I need indirectly with bitcoin, it made me realize how easy it is to live just with bitcoin. You can get your salary in bitcoin that it still won't matter it will be the same as having it received on your Bank account.

So, how many of you are now living just with bitcoin?
bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 09:54:34 PM

I can't say I live,but I cover most of my expenses with the bitcoins I earn
I have to thank bitcoin because of the chances that it gives
Jhanzo

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

Thank satoshi

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 10:03:54 PM

at least one.  Wink

Trusted an exchange that climbed to the top 3 in just under 2 years with your money? you are fucking stupid.
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 10:14:29 PM

Using those pre-paid cards isn't really living on Bitcoin only, unfortunately... Smiley

I definitely can't, at least yet. Almost no local services where I can use Bitcoin Sad
Blawpaw (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 10:26:36 PM

Using those pre-paid cards isn't really living on Bitcoin only, unfortunately... Smiley

I definitely can't, at least yet. Almost no local services where I can use Bitcoin Sad

Yes, I know what you're saying... but technically it isn't but indirectly it is;

Let's imagine that you are at the restaurant:

you have some coins in your smartphone mycelium wallet. While the dinner is yet to be served you send your coins (the approximate amount) to your prepaid card, and when you're finished with your dinner you can pay with your card. So, in a sense it is almost as if you paid directly with bitcoin.

Anyway... we are much better of than we were 3 years ago  Cool
Envrin

Activity: 318
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 02:51:28 AM

I've been paid in purely bitcoin for over 2 years now, so in that sense, I live 100% off bitcoin.

Obviously, I need to switch it over to fiat to pay bills, buy groceries and so on.  Nonetheless, my income has been 100% bitcoin for over 2 years now.
guddu raj

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 04:12:43 AM

i can use bitcoin for using only onlline things but not on real life. we use bitcoin but we can not use as realy or pure money as cash payment. every shop  we cant pay using bitcoin wallet.
The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

Activity: 1268
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2015, 04:14:26 AM

I get paid in Bitcoin, but I have to cash it out sometimes, especially when I'm not living in Vancouver.

We work hard to promote Bitcoin adoption and the decentralization of society. You can support our efforts by donating BTC to 35wDNxFhDB6Ss8fgijUUpn2Yx6sggDgGqS
ikydesu

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2015, 04:17:14 AM

Well i'm not really living with Bitcoin, but mostly my income is come from Bitcoin and cryptocurrency.

In my country, especially in my region there are so rare who using Bitcoin as payment, so i need to exchange to boring money for pay my bills and stuff.
lottery248
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1005

beware of your keys.

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 04:22:24 AM

i am not.

i am still needing fiats, the bitcoin in my places isn't at all popular, nobody accepts bitcoin.
duh that's impossible!

out of ability to use the signature, i want a new ban strike policy that will fade the strike after 90~120 days of the ban and not to be traced back, like google | email me for anything urgent, message will possibly not be instantly responded
i am not really active for some reason
tadakaluri

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2015, 04:37:49 AM

I've been paid in purely bitcoin for over 2 years now, so in that sense, I live 100% off bitcoin.

Obviously, I need to switch it over to fiat to pay bills, buy groceries and so on.  Nonetheless, my income has been 100% bitcoin for over 2 years now.

Really Great.  May I know where you are working?
Envrin

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 05:11:45 AM

Obviously, I need to switch it over to fiat to pay bills, buy groceries and so on.  Nonetheless, my income has been 100% bitcoin for over 2 years now.

Really Great.  May I know where you are working?

http://envrin.com/

That's me. Smiley
coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1179

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2015, 05:15:05 AM

I can't pay my rent, groceries, gas or car payment with bitcoin, so using bitcoin only to live is not an option for me at all.

Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 06:07:52 AM

I'm not yet,
maybe when I am paid bitcoins on my full time job, I can live with just bitcoins
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 06:18:29 AM

for a certain time i was living with bitcoin only(3 months) but not by using them directly, sadly, i need to dump first, as because many thing that i bought come from amazon or ebay,

but i stopped because here the law about bitcoin is still uncertain and i don't want to pay additional tax on them, maybe i could try it again when i can use my coins directly, with open bazar
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 07:04:12 AM

Obviously, I need to switch it over to fiat to pay bills, buy groceries and so on.  Nonetheless, my income has been 100% bitcoin for over 2 years now.

How did you cope with the price decline of bitcoin? Or were most of the coins spend in the month you earned them?
Coins168

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 07:13:56 AM

25% of my earnings now comes from bitcoins, the rest is from my day job.
I hope there will be time it reaches 100% and no more day job where only my employers get rich
Envrin

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 07:19:58 AM

How did you cope with the price decline of bitcoin? Or were most of the coins spend in the month you earned them?

If I remember correctly, back then I was living on a month-to-month basis, so coins generally got spent as they came in.

As for other price fluctuations, doesn't matter to me.  I invoice in USD, get paid in BTC, and earn quite a bit more than my cost of living.  I just pull out the little I need for living, and leave the rest in BTC.  Sometimes I get paid @ $220 and it goes up to $300, and other times it's vice versa, but it all balances out in the end.

This only really works if either, a) you pull the BTC out immediately upon getting paid, or b) earn quite a bit more than you need for living, hence are happy just to let BTC sit there.  Oh, and obviously only if you view BTC as a long-term play, which I do.

RustyNomad

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2015, 07:24:49 AM

I'm in the process of trying to move to btc only.

All income has already been switched to bitcoin only. Problem however is on the spending side as there are very few merchants who accept bitcoin in my part of the world so I'll have to make use of a bitcoin debit card or alternatively cash out what's needed to fiat through my local exchange.

I however prefer going the debit card route as that would mean that I can bypass my bank account. Cashing out at the local exchange means that I'm still reliant on my bank account to get hold of the funds and I want to try and cut my bank out completely.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 6158

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 07:27:48 AM

I'am not personally , we don't even have any single local shop that use bitcoin . I'am only 18 years old so I'am not working yet can't speak about income from job or something .
now for what comes to the Credit cards part that you are speaking about , MasterCard is totally against Bitcoin so sooner or later I assume that those cards won't be functional anymore and if you ask me they defeat the purpose of bitcoin .; I mean you are using them for being annonymus and low fees right ? well they are not giving that .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████