Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 05:45:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can armory sync up to a remote full node?  (Read 1061 times)
bthobartfloyt (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 01:37:13 PM

Hello,

I've just installed armory on my Ubuntu 14.04 laptop.  It downloaded the bitcoin core software and is now syncing up.
Unfortunately I have a slow internet connection and it's going to take a day and a half to download the entire blockchain.
I'm also running a  full node on a different server connected to the net so I was wondering if I could get Armory to use that as the full node
rather than creating one on my local system.

Thanks

unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 12:18:37 PM

Armory cannot use a remote blockchain database. You can, however, connect to your Bitcoin node with bitcoind to download the blockchain faster.

If you're using bitcoind on a home computer with a HDD and 2-4GB ram, a day and a half is a pretty normal time for syncing. The problem isn't mainly on connections, it's on hardware, specially hard drives.
il-pinto

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 09:25:57 AM

Hi guys,

total bitcoin newbie here. Not sure if im in the right place but the OP's problem appears similar to mine

ive downloaded armory to use as my PC wallet. Its downloaded however it seems to of frozen up (at 48% - 8 hours to go) while syncing.

Ive checked trouble shooting and tried their suggested solution (To fix this problem:In windows, right-click on the time and select “Adjust Date and Time.” Then, set the correct Date and Time. It's also critical that you select your proper timezone. Optionally, you may also choose to go to the Internet time tab and allow windows to automatically synchronize with the Internet time. For more info, refer to: windows dot microsoft dot com/en-us/windows7/set-the-clock) however this hasnt changed anything

anyone have any other suggestions? its been stuck on 48% for around 6 hours now

another separate question; do i need an additional wallet for my smartphone? (for making purcashes with bitcoin at stores or using bitcoin ATMs?)

thanks
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: